1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Share Twitter traffic Ideas

Discussion in 'Twitter' started by sudhakars, Oct 20, 2009.

1. GameFriends.com

GameFriends.com Peon

Best Answers:
    A technique I use when using Twitter is to make sure my Tweets follow a certain template. "Actual title of the post I'm linking to" "tinyurl of the link" "Brief commentary / Question"

Example:

World of Warcraft expected to reach 12 million users http:exampleurl.com Can WoW seriously get any bigger?

works pretty well, have about 5k followers. If your tweets are informative, more people interested will follow you. twitter.com/GameFriends

GameFriends.com, Oct 28, 2009 IP
  2. AirForce1

AirForce1 Peon

Best Answers:
    Hi, dipali
    Thanks for your nice sharing. :)
    I usually use twellow.com to find potential followers for me.

Have a nice day,

AirForce1, Oct 28, 2009 IP
  3. anhbloginc

anhbloginc Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Great idea

anhbloginc, Oct 28, 2009 IP
  4. TNTWebhosting

TNTWebhosting Peon

Best Answers:
    just try to get as many followers as possible

then about 2-3 times a day, post a link advertising whatever, but you should post alot more random tweets.

TNTWebhosting, Oct 28, 2009 IP
  5. Traffic-Bug

Traffic-Bug Active Member

Best Answers:
    I think I got these from another thread:
    Here`s some tips around how you to benefit from it to increase the traffics:-

TIP #1
    Exert effort at customizing your Twitter profile by providing it with your picture. A lot of people don’t like to send tweets to faceless twitterers. Include in the profile your blog URL and description. Most of twitterers check profile before they decide to follow you or not.
    TIP #2
    Generate interest and strong and positive impression by treating your tweets as your article headline. You should also avoid making your background look like some sort of an advertisement as it will definitely turn people off.
    TIP #3
    Monitor everything that is happening within your blog field and exert effort to be perceived as an expert twitterer on a subject related to your blog. Link to quality resources and people will surely look at you as an authority on whatever interest you are espousing in your blog.

PUT VALUE TO YOUR TWEETS
    TIP #4
    You should work hard to make each tweet interesting and worth reading to your target audience. Put your best foot, or rather, tweet forward and surely your followers will decide to click on and check out your profile and your blog.
    TIP #5
    Make your tweets an attention grabber by writing things which are interesting to the community. Be on the look out for hot topics and be ready to post the article in your blog. Members of the twitter community will be truly interested with you and what you have to say. They will soon drop by your site or blog once you have announced to the community what you have written.
    TIP #6
    Interesting people are great followers of other interesting people. In the twitter community you have to follow people whom you think are interesting. However, don’t follow people only because everyone else is following them.
    BE A FRIENDLY TWITTERER AND EXPRESS IT
    TIP #7
    You should be helpful, useful and friendly member of the community. Be gracious and thank people when they follow you on twitter with a direct message. You should utilize your expertise to help fellow twitters find solutions to their requests and questions. Your intention is to gain acceptance and trust of the Twitter community and to become an authority in the area you are perceived to operate on.
    TIP #8
    Do not oversell your blog and your blog articles. Being a hard sell will not bring good to you, your profile and your blog. You may have gotten somebody to follow you, but if you don’t provide value to them, they can just easily unfollow you.
    TIP #9
    You should restrain yourself from tweeting to much as many twitterers might make your followers unfollow you. Three tweets a day would just work out fine. You can use TweetStats to learn more and analyze your tweets. However, if you can not put a cap on your tweets, it is essential that use Qwitter to get updates when someone stops following you. That way, you can learn on the reasons why people unfollow you.
    BE A LEARNED TWITTERER AND PRACTISE IT
    TIP #10
    You can use TweetBurner in order to shorten the URLs you intend to include in your tweets. Most tweets are based on a 140 characters. This will save you valuable space for your message. You can also track the number of clicks your tweets get through the TweetBurner. It is also an effective tool to analyze which tweet structures attract your followers and what headlines work best. TweetBurner can also tell you at what time of the day your tweets get more clicks.
    TIP #11
    Try experimenting by repeating the same tweet twice a day with a 10-12 hour gap between similar tweets. Some regular twitterers have noticed that repeated tweets attract attention as many new people are logged on since your original tweet 10 hours earlier.
    MAKE OTHER TWITTERERS FIND AND LOOK FOR YOU

Traffic-Bug, Oct 28, 2009 IP
  6. vertabatim

vertabatim Peon

Best Answers:
    I have 100 followers or so, yet I dont think a single one of my followers are actually reading my posts....

vertabatim, Oct 29, 2009 IP
  7. Ben-AceofTech

Ben-AceofTech Active Member

Best Answers:
    My (hopefully useful) two cents worth of info:

The Right Things to do on Twitter:
    • Replying to peoples comments in your niche always help get "@replys" and can get you noticed more.
    • Have a good twitter profile! At least having a good icon and color scheme is a start, but make a bio thats well thought out and will make people want to follow you.
    • Not every tweet you post should have a link! Even though you see some people that only post links and have huge amounts of followers, this never ends up too well.
    • Post more than just links to your website (if thats what your going for) Make helpful comments to users your following and even post links to other sites that you like.
    • Talk about more than just you niche! Don't get too far off topic, but its okay to branch out a little. Post your comments regarding the holidays, famous birthdays, etc.
    • Find a balance with the number of updates to post per day. Way too many tweets per day is enough to unfollow, but if you never post anything, people don't want to follow you either. As little as 3 and up to 20 a day is a pretty good limit.
    • Try searching for products/ news in your niche in the search box. Use the info you get to post tweets that are most relevant to others tweets, thus, when other people search for similar topics, your tweets will come up.
    • Use the new "Lists" feature to your advantage... create lists an encourage people to want to be on those lists by offering incentives (coupons, discounts, special content, etc.)
    • Keep your following to follower ratio to 1.5 to 1 at most times. When your just start, its okay to add 15 people and have no followers. Start applying this rule once you get around 60 followers.
    • Let your followers know when your going to be gone. Alerting them of going on vacation, out of town, etc. is a pretty good way to make sure you don't have 0 followers when you return home.
    • Follow some people you know are never going to follow you back. Adding celebrities, businesses, etc. that have a lot of followers always look good even if they never end up following you back.

The Wrong Things to do on Twitter:
    • Don't send (or autosend) direct messages to people thanking them for there follow and informing them your following them back. This is extremely dumb and annoying and makes users want to unfollow you almost right away (especially if you put a link in the DM!)
    • Don't neglect your account! Most people on twitter look to each and every one of there followers to supply them with something. And if you haven't posted any update in 2 weeks, it gives them a reason to unfollow you.
    • Having a stagnant profile can get people used to what they expect from you, and often this gets boring. Customize your background and colors once a month or two is usually sufficient to keep your followers satisfied and not bored.
    • Don't use colors that are hard to read! Any light color won't show up in the "white" middle part of your twitter page, and this is a complete turn-off.
    • Don't change your icon if you have lots of followers! Users rely on a quick glance to see there updates, and if you change your icon dramatically, though it still says your name, they don't make the same connection in there mind.
    • Don't mix up the format of your tweets. People come to expect what they will look like (ie. Title [LINK] Description) and changing them around makes your followers question you.
    • Don't post ads more than once a day if you use a twitter advertising service. Sites like RevTwt can make a small sum with sponsored tweets, but if your ad-to-real tweet ratio isn't near 1:10 your going to lose some followers.
    • Don't post worthless babble. Twitter is great resource for traffic if you take the time and effort to make each tweet something useful (and that doesn't mean it has to include a link!)
    • Don't draw attention to your profile with abnormal follow/unfollow patterns. Even if you use software to do this, be cautious and use sparingly so that no red flags are raised.

I personally don't have too many followers myself, but I'm working on it. Feel free to follow me on twitter (see signature below) if you found this helpful... I'll be sure to follow you back as well.

Cheers.

Ben-AceofTech, Nov 1, 2009 IP
  8. HappyDaze

HappyDaze Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks for that. I will try to @ idea because it sounds like it would be useful.

HappyDaze, Nov 1, 2009 IP