1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Page Impressions? Same IP? U R Banned..............

Discussion in 'Guidelines / Compliance' started by Shez, Mar 25, 2005.

It is also being noticed that G. banned few sites which were only generating page impression from the same IP daily, I wonder if i cant even open my own site from my PC?
    any one has idea how much page impressions are allowed to view or to work on your own site. Eeven while placing ad codes on site with over 500 pages and editing and to see the changes in the page, while net is connected will cost a Life Time Bannnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn.................
    :eek:

Shez, Mar 25, 2005 IP
  2. yfs1

yfs1 User Title Not Found

Best Answers:
    Who has been banned beacuse of this? Can you post some links to threads where someone is saying this is happening.

I have never heard of this before so I would love to see more about it.

yfs1, Mar 25, 2005 IP
  3. l234244

l234244 Peon

Best Answers:
    This is never going to happen beleive me, why would they its not costing them or the advertisers any money.

l234244, Mar 25, 2005 IP
  4. SHT

SHT Active Member

Best Answers:
    I doubt it, many people visit there sites several times a day (including me) and they do not get banned. Unlesss they had been clicking there ads or doing anything against the TOS will they be banned.

If Google decided to ban people who viewed their site too many times, many people would be banned.

Greg

SHT, Mar 25, 2005 IP
  5. sadcox66

sadcox66 Spirit Walker

Best Answers:
    Do not click your own ads... If you do not want to get banned.

sadcox66, Mar 25, 2005 IP
  6. WhatiFind

WhatiFind offline

Best Answers:
    Totally true!
    Maby Shez is clicking his own ads, or that's why he has little shameless behavior with only 14 posts! Another case for the 'adsense police'??

WhatiFind, Mar 25, 2005 IP
  7. yfs1

Best Answers:
    Before this thread gets out of control give Shez an oppurtunity to back up his statment. I don't believe it either but I was giving him the benefit of the doubt that he had some type of reason for making the statement he did.

We eagerly await it.

As far as clicks, no-one said anything about clicking on their own ads so hold back on the AdSense police stuff .

yfs1, Mar 25, 2005 IP
  8. WhatiFind

WhatiFind offline

Best Answers:
    Yeah. yfs1, you're right, I'm sorry! I jumped to soon with conclusions.

WhatiFind, Mar 25, 2005 IP
  9. Shez

Shez Peon

Best Answers:
    See what Google says:-- "Prohibited Uses. You shall not, and shall not authorize or encourage any third party to: (i) directly or indirectly generate queries, impressions of or clicks on any Search Results, Links and/or Ad(s) through any automated, deceptive, fraudulent or other invalid means, including but not limited to through repeated manual clicks, the use of robots or other automated query tools and/or computer generated search requests, and/or the unauthorized use of other search engine optimization services and/or software.................."
    ITS NOT ABOUT CLICKS ON MY OWN ADS................

Shez, Mar 25, 2005 IP
    yfs1 likes this.
  10. yfs1

Best Answers:
    You said people have been banned based purely on going to a page too many times. I repeat, where is the support for that claim.

If all you have is your misinterpretation of the AdSense TOS, this thread will most likely just die as your original statement is false.

yfs1, Mar 25, 2005 IP
  11. Homer

Homer Spirit Walker

Best Answers:
    From 1 IP address.

It doesn't make sense to me. It can't happen because impressions do not represent revenue and yes, in alot of cases the webmaster may be the most frequent visitor to the domain...ain't gonna happen.

Homer, Mar 25, 2005 IP
  12. wendydettmer

wendydettmer Peon

Best Answers:
    It's unrealistic to think they would ban people for LOOKING at their site from their own IP. There are just too many people who work on their site every day for that to be the case.

Shez - i'm not sure what your pasting of the TOS has to do with people viewing their site from their IP address, as that passage only talks about getting bad clicks.

wendydettmer, Mar 25, 2005 IP
  13. Homer

Homer Spirit Walker

Best Answers:
    Maybe that's his point...there is no mention of impressions :confused:

Homer, Mar 25, 2005 IP
  14. maverick

maverick Peon

Best Answers:
    I would be the first one to get banned then.. LOL... I have to visit my websites many times to do updates. Rather every webmaster here visits his/her own websites often everyday. And as long as impressions dont cost anything to big G, dont worry about it! For clicks, its 100% true, clicks from your IP and you are banned!! Now lets stop this topic!!

maverick, Mar 25, 2005 IP
    wendydettmer likes this.
  15. GTech

GTech Rob Jones for President!

Best Answers:
    If ever Google were going to do this, they would have done it on my site. I rebuilt my local city directory during the past two weeks, working solid every day. I can't even tell you how many times I refreshed pages, added content, tweaked and reloaded, etc. All with my google adsense account enabled. I also had it on a test server while modifying the directory code (with the same adsense code there). The hardest part was, there were a few ads for businesses in my local area that came up (I wanted to add them to my directory) and I caught myself a few times, at the last second thinking "HEEEYYYY, don't click that link!"

GTech, Mar 25, 2005 IP
  16. Homer

Homer Spirit Walker

Best Answers:
    Has anyone thought to email Google and ask if there is any foundation to this?

Homer, Mar 25, 2005 IP
  17. pcarlow

pcarlow Active Member

Best Answers:
    Why bother when he still hasn't provided any proof. It's like he just made it up.

pcarlow, Mar 25, 2005 IP
  18. NeoGen

NeoGen Writer

Best Answers:
    If we talk only about page impressions. I doubt this could happen, unless there is deployment of any bot or some automated script to increase the page impressions.

As mentioned above, have you emailed google about this to seek their view and clarification?

NeoGen, Mar 25, 2005 IP
  19. joshril

joshril Guest

Best Answers:
    This is a bogus claim... I have been to my site and made hundreds of page impressions in the last month. There is no way Google would ban for this! I think this thread is over....

joshril, Mar 25, 2005 IP
  20. lancer

lancer Peon

Best Answers:
    you are now allowed to click on your ads...i understand that that can be obused

However, what happens if the ad is what you are actually looking for?

I run a forum based site and i am on it daily interacting with my forum members....just wondering if i am NEVER allowed to click on ads or whut?

lancer, Mar 26, 2005 IP