1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Feedback infractions od by mods

Discussion in 'Support & Feedback' started by amarventris, Oct 30, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
    ok it is starting to look like any thread I make or edit gets ambulance chased now. Why is DP so hostile to me? Can i get a clear explanation?

I expanded an existing content thread to include 2 new articles on the same topic and got another infraction and the thread is gone?

I have gotten infractions for content quotes other authors have had up and they have not been edited or deleted or moved. I have gotten infractions for mentioning the error. Why the hate, digitalpoint?

Why is this forum so harassingly administrated? I never even heard of dp until a month or so ago. I never knew about this negative side until I experienced it for myself.

I never heard of people on this board getting 4 infractions within one month of joining. Why are the admins so dead set against me they witch hunt every entry?

Is this common?

amarventris, Oct 30, 2009 IP
  2. Smyrl

Smyrl Tomato Republic Staff

Best Answers:
    Last edited: Oct 30, 2009
    Smyrl, Oct 30, 2009 IP
    aaron_nimocks likes this.
  3. MaryMary

MaryMary Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Your post was deleted because you already had one identical to it.

There is no hate for you, you just choose to make posts that break the rules and get infracted.

MaryMary, Oct 30, 2009 IP
  4. amarventris

amarventris Peon

Best Answers:
    couldnot have been identical, i added two articles to an existing post to AVOID infraction.?
    Doesnt the captcha process prevent doubelposts?

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 30, 2009
    amarventris, Oct 30, 2009 IP
  5. TikTok

TikTok Peon

Best Answers:
    Ambulance-chasing implies that there is a potential reward or gain in exchange for compromising your morals or ethics. There is nothing to be gained by the moderators for giving you an infraction for your ignorance of the forum rules and policies, and there is nothing unethical about identifying member's posting errors, especially new members.

Your analogy is less relevant than a monkey who can predict last week's lottery numbers.

TikTok, Oct 30, 2009 IP
    TomR likes this.
  6. Love*

Love* Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Yes, it is this common & it's not just you, happens to all of us. :) I agree it may seem shocking at first, but after a while you get used to it. It doesn't mean though that you're a bad member or that anyone is out to bust you, & I tell you it can be very discouraging after a while of just always getting infractions from almost every post you make & it's gonna leave you very confused, but you just have to learn that this is how this community is run. It's nothing personal, they don't hate you, you're practically anonymous & there's no bias - it's just how they are to everyone & there's no exceptions for you.
    Yep, they're just as bad to everyone else, believe me. :p

Eventually you learn what kind of posts / threads to make to get those infractions, so you avoid creating those. It's a process though & there'd be times you won't know, but you'll learn nonetheless. For every infraction / ban you get, charge it to experience.

Know what I hate the most? It's those "thread posted in wrong category" infractions. :p I have this video thread on YouTube of an amusing prank call which I posted under (the then called) "Entertainment" forum, & I was given an infraction & it was moved under "General Chat" (it would have been more fitting under "Entertainment" though?). Now that, I could rant about that, but that would get me an infraction. :p

Love*, Oct 30, 2009 IP
  7. jhmattern

jhmattern Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    Please read all rules and stickies (including the sticky in this section that notes starting threads to complain about infractions can result in another one). If you have questions about an infraction (AFTER reading the rules first yourself to figure out what you did wrong), then PM a moderator instead.

And for the record, no one was out to get you. Your 4 infractions came from 3 different mods simply because you were caught breaking the rules (and many times people are caught not because mods are on a "witch hunt" but because other members notice the inappropriate posting and report the posts to us).

jhmattern, Oct 31, 2009 IP
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.