1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

I have a serious Google question for some Google experts out there...

Discussion in 'Google' started by GoogleLuva, Oct 28, 2009.

I run a website for my business in the U.S. that is my livelihood.... its not Adsense... its for my company in the U.S. that I need Google traffic to make sales

Now... I have some extra money laying around and would like to buy websites for Adsense to fool around with make some money see where it goes

I plan on registering about 200 domains for international websites to take in traffic for Adsense

I plan on keeping it 100% White Hat.... but im nervous in case I mess something up on this Adsense site for whatever reason..... if it could affect my main #1 business site that is hosted on the same server

Should I get another server for this venture?

Or .. would having 210 domains on GoDaddy... 10 for my business on GoDaddy Server.... and 200 on a DreamHost server... does that raise red flags even though im doing nothing wrong?

Im just being paranoid because I dont want to jeapordize a business just for some Adsense sites that might not even pay much......

GoogleLuva, Oct 28, 2009 IP
  2. john1021

john1021 Member

Best Answers:
    It's not a good idea to have adsense on that many sites. The amount of money you make with adsense will depend on your CTR (click through ratio). The more websites you have with the same adsense, the higher your chances are of having bad CTR. If you do want to use Adsense, then it is a better idea to have one site where you are able to optimize it to its fullest. You want to get a lot of clicks with few impressions. In today's world, I think you should avoid Adsense. Everyone is using it, and people are claiming how their earnings have gone down over the years. Just focus on your main site, and continue building backlinks for it. Google can ban you from Adsense whenever they want. It's not worth it in the long run.

john1021, Oct 28, 2009 IP
  3. webcosmo

webcosmo Notable Member

Best Answers:
    whats the point of running all those websites if they dont make money. unless they are automated content generated websites, you would have to spend tons of time just updating the content.

webcosmo, Oct 28, 2009 IP
  4. DParkes

DParkes Peon

Best Answers:
    Yeah, If you're going to manage 200 domains, you'd want them to be automated, but then you run the risk of getting penalised in Google or banned in AdSense anyway.

DParkes, Oct 28, 2009 IP
  5. MatrixGodFather

MatrixGodFather Peon

Best Answers:
    i wouldnt do it i heard its too riskey. those google spiders are pretty smart!

MatrixGodFather, Oct 28, 2009 IP
  6. indoforum

indoforum Active Member

Best Answers:
    Yeah, not good manage too many websites. be foucs with 1 site. Build bakclink, backlin and backlink to your site.

indoforum, Oct 28, 2009 IP
  7. GoogleLuva

GoogleLuva Guest

Best Answers:
    Basically... they would be hotel review sites for say 50-200 major cities

And the domain names are good so theyll come to the top of Google even with low backlinks (i know this for a fact)

Basically if people came to each clicked links..... booked hotels from Hotels.com banners etc. .... and say I make $100 a month from each.... thats $200 a month....... $25,000 a year side money.... then maybe $50,000 the next

What do you guys think???

GoogleLuva, Oct 29, 2009 IP
  8. anguspm

anguspm Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I don't want to sound negative but I don't believe you've a hope in hell with that business plan.

I have one of the top ranked, long established and high PR sites for a major European city and rank top in the Serps (top 3) for the cities name and just about everything to do with that city... Where I don't rank well is for the hotels in that city!!!

Competition for the hotel market is INTENSE and whilst the city name might return 45 million results the city name and hotel will return almost 196 million...

Lets put it another way. If my PR6 internal page "aaaaaaaaaa-hotel" doesn't make the first 4 pages what hope a smaller site? Just the domain name?

Not meant to be a crticism, just the harsh reality of the hotels market.

anguspm, Oct 29, 2009 IP
  9. organicCyborg

organicCyborg Peon

Best Answers:
    anguspm raises a good point about the competition. There are big names doing the hotels thing right now, your idea probably wouldn't compete well.

Plus, the idea of registering 200 domain names doesn't sound like a good thing from a business or SEO perspective. Using a root domain name with 200 subdomains will be equally effective for your results in SERPS, and cost way less. Your chances of doing well with 1 domain and 200 subdomains is as good as your chances of doing well with 200 real domains. You'd be much better off if you took some of that money you'd spend on the domains and invest it into the website by getting a good design and CMS set up.

organicCyborg, Oct 29, 2009 IP
  10. Sean416

Sean416 Member

Best Answers:
    i didnt read everyone elses responses but in short, if you're doing 200(?) sites and you're planning on getting traffic from se's by interlinking them and they're all going to be on the same server, it's a bad idea from the get go. However if everything is white hat and you're sure of it, why would you be worried?

Sean416, Oct 29, 2009 IP
  11. Abhik

Abhik ..:: The ONE ::..

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Planning to create website only for adsense is not a wise idea.
    If you don't have enough time to update them regularly, don't expect much from Adsense.
    And, make sure the placement of ads do not look like a MFA.

Abhik, Oct 29, 2009 IP
  12. Digital Artist

Digital Artist Active Member

Best Answers:
    Registering 200 Domains Just for Ad sense its does not sounds good,
    It would be better if the investment of 200 domains is done on a single website, by adding content & Link building promotion and all that SEO stuff, then chances are there that the single website will pay you more than 200 domains, in fact there are chances you might gain online reputation which will make your single website more worthy.

Digital Artist, Oct 29, 2009 IP
  13. Vigor

Vigor Peon

Best Answers:
    doubt it :(

Why not play around with just one of the domians and see if it can rank. If yes then forget 200 go for 1000!

Vigor, Oct 29, 2009 IP
  14. Netheights

Netheights Guest

Best Answers:
    It's not a good idea to take 200 website for just ad sense. It will take lot of effort to mange 200 domain, It is better if you will take couple of domain and work on the link building for your business site.

Netheights, Oct 29, 2009 IP
  15. Sean416

Sean416 Member

Best Answers:

google would rather link to:

childkeyword.com

over

parentkeyword.com/category/child-keyword.html

assuming all else is equal so your argument about a PR6 site not having a chance therefor a smaller site couldn't possibly compete is wrong. Now on the other hand if you had a major website with PR 6 that was childkeyword.com and and only ranked for long tail child keyword, it'd be a fair warning that this guy wouldn't stand a chance.

Sean416, Oct 29, 2009 IP
  16. evolveforever

evolveforever Peon

Best Answers:
    I guess your plan seems to be using 300 sites each generating 1 dollar a day so that at the end of the month,you get 10k through adsense - good strategy.There is nothing wrong with that.But yeah,some publishers using that strategy get banned from adsense [only because they were very THIN SITES,not because of so many sites using adsense code].So there is nothing wrong in having 300 sites on that same server.But remember not to be involved in blackhat seo.Your company site is not going to get affected in any way.There is absolutely no problem.

And remember not to have too thin sites - make sure that the site has content and navigation as well.But why do you want to stick with adsense alone when cpa is all the rage now?

Good luck :D

evolveforever, Oct 30, 2009 IP
  17. anguspm

anguspm Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Sean, if we were talking obscure niches then maybe I would agree but as we are talking hotels lets talk hotels.

Does this guy have the .com of 200 hotels? No way, the hotels themselves have those. So whats left? As you correctly point out its aaa/hotel.php .html etc

The PR6 page in question is City.com/hotel.html ..... Hence why hes not got much hope unless there is a 10´s of thousands link budget. If however its "hotels in the street x"... then maybe long tail he'll get a couple of bookings a year.... IF the other 200 SEO parameters are good. Is that wa worthwhile ROI?

Hence why I don't see this as a viable plan.

anguspm, Oct 30, 2009 IP
  18. wicketywick

wicketywick Peon

Best Answers:
    doesn't sound good to me, the development and ranking of those domains don't automatically happen.

I happened to have registered a domain of a person like john-smith.com and didn't notice a good ranking until I did some link building.

wicketywick, Oct 30, 2009 IP
  19. simpseo

simpseo Active Member

Best Answers:
    I think this is due to the hyphen in your domain name. Sites with exact match keyword domain names (no hyphens) tend to outrank other sites unless your backlinks are significantly better to overcome this natural advantage.

simpseo, Oct 30, 2009 IP
  20. pipes

pipes Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Setting up 200 websites to place adsense on, you're asking for trouble in the long run.

It's up to you, take the chance but i personally wouldn't.

pipes, Oct 30, 2009 IP