1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Does Article Marketing Work

Discussion in 'General Marketing' started by johnben1444, Oct 29, 2009.

I have been using article marketing for the past 3 months without any success. I ensure my articles are qualitative, optimized and the right keyword chosen.

Can some one tell me how article marketing actually work. I currently have over 150 articles on my blog and articles directories.

johnben1444, Oct 29, 2009 IP
  2. FreeCashTube

FreeCashTube Peon

Best Answers:
    Article Marketing is a very powerful long term marketing strategy. Selecting your keywords (long tail) is the key to success in Article Marketing. Maybe re-visit your keyword selection and check to see if there is search volume behind your keywords.

Are you driving any traffic to your site using the article marketing?

How big is your competition? If you are going after money making strategies, your going to have your work cut out for you...lots of competition out there.

FreeCashTube, Oct 29, 2009 IP
  3. John Galt

John Galt Peon

Best Answers:
    Beyond making sure there is traffic behind your target keywords, here's a couple of other things to consider:

1. Build links to your articles.
    2. If your content sucks, your conversions will suffer.
    3. Scale. The big money is in big efforts... as in double or triple digit submissions every day.

John Galt, Oct 29, 2009 IP
  4. johnben1444

johnben1444 Peon

Best Answers:
    How can one build link to articles.

johnben1444, Oct 29, 2009 IP
  5. bogart

bogart Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Have you tried spinning the articles, so that you aren't submitting duplicate content to the article directories.

bogart, Oct 29, 2009 IP
  6. Trioman

Trioman Active Member

Best Answers:
    Article marketing definitely works...what has worked for me is using an article submitter with a spinner that sends your articles to hundreds of blogs and directories and using your keyword as anchored text. These technique actually helps create a large number of unique backlinks linking back to your website which helps your site rise in the search engines....

You can also succeed with article marketing by using bum marketing techniques. This works by doing keyword research and finding keywords that receive about 500 hits a month and less than 5000 competitors. Using these less competitive keywords in you title can get your article ranked rather quickly on the front page....

Trioman, Oct 29, 2009 IP
    bogart likes this.
  7. yooplex.com

yooplex.com Peon

Best Answers:
    Yes, it works. It works if you know the rules.

First, your choice of the niche, is it profitable?
    Second, Your keyword choice
    Third is the content valuable (Content is King)

Only if these things respected, then I am sure You will make the success

Best of luck!

yooplex.com, Oct 29, 2009 IP
  8. 2advance

2advance Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Yes buddy!Don't give up.
    Actually you have to be smart that you submit your articles to the right article directories.
    I think its stupid to submit articles to 1000's of article directories.
    I really got traffic traffic by submitting to ezinearticles and articlesbase.com.They are the major article directories.
    So you concentrate on this alone.
    if you still want more consider this

2advance, Oct 29, 2009 IP
  9. catrosinfo

catrosinfo Peon

Best Answers:
    Yes, it does help.

catrosinfo, Oct 29, 2009 IP
  10. seosg.info

seosg.info Peon

Best Answers:
    It depends, mostly on where the articles are published. Another ‘faster, better cheaper’ way is to write proper, intelligent comments in chat forums, since Google constantly tracks for new content everyday, and add a link to your site there if possible and appropriate.

seosg.info, Oct 29, 2009 IP
  11. catrosinfo

catrosinfo Peon

Best Answers:
    That's correct. One of my strategy is forums and blogs. Aside from the linkbacks, it also helps build your reputation as an authority on your kind of niche. The most important in SE ranking is reputation and relevance. Nothing beats a good rep.

12. catrosinfo

catrosinfo Peon

Best Answers:
    Just link to your article rather than to your domain name. Also you may consider internal linking. It is equally important as building external links.

13. Traditione

Traditione Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Great advice, and OP, you should definitely check out that url that was posted.

Great submission directories in there, with statistics to show which have better ratings.

Traditione, Oct 30, 2009 IP
  14. earticles

earticles Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    my opinion is you should consider directories having a good Alexa traffic and especially these allowing you to add backlinks inside the body of your article, not only in the signature section.

earticles, Oct 30, 2009 IP
  15. PhilipR

PhilipR Peon

Best Answers:
    When it comes to getting traffic, no, it does not work. Hell, not even close.

When it comes to getting sales by being an affiliate for products, well, that depends on how good you are.

The only way to know for sure on anything is to try it yourself.

PhilipR, Oct 30, 2009 IP
  16. Romanorc

Romanorc Active Member

Best Answers:
    That is very inaccurate... I now average over 7500 hits a month from my articles and that average goes up daily.

I only publish on ezine, I build some links to my articles as someone suggested above and I am a premium publisher so I can have an article submitted and published inside of 2 hours or I can choose when the article gets published.

Between ezine and blogs I make on a daily basis, I write upwards of 20 articles daily. Those articles do two things... give me more backlinks to my site and drive traffic from the links in my articles.

That being said, I write only about businesses and such so maybe it is more effective because of my niches but a blanket statement that article marketing/bum marketing/blogging does not drive traffic is not even remotely correct.

Romanorc, Oct 30, 2009 IP
    tankard and bogart like this.
  17. CannonLogin

CannonLogin Peon

Best Answers:
    Article marketing works, you've just got to work with it for a while, and spend hours daily writing content.

CannonLogin, Oct 30, 2009 IP
  18. bogart

bogart Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Correct. Without spinning the articles you won't pick-up too many backlinks that are worth anything. As all you are doing is too create hundreds of pages with duplicate content.

bogart, Oct 30, 2009 IP
  19. Trioman

Trioman Active Member

Best Answers:
    I have heard of people writing 20 and 30 articles a day...how do you do that? If I could write 20 articles a day, I would be even more on top of my game...but it takes me at least one hour to write one good article....With an article spinner however, I can write 5 articles and turn them into 60 really quick...Either way...article marketing does work

Trioman, Oct 30, 2009 IP
  20. staceygrewal

staceygrewal Peon

Best Answers:
    This is all so very interesting, especially since I am new to the world of Internet Marketing.

I so badly want to do this right; to make money and build a business and a great reputation, but I have to admit, it really is all so overwhelming. Like some of the others who have replied to this thread, I've also been blogging, etc. with almost zero results. I hear what you are saying, but it's all so very confusing.

Please explain
    1) Backlinks: What are backlinks and how do you get them. Do you need a lot of backlinks or just good ones to make money?
    2) Keywords: Are keywords supposed to be in titles or in the article, or both? What if you're subject matter is not in the top 500 keyword searches? Should you just work them into your articles anyway?
    3) What is an article spinner? Is there a good one that I should subscribe to?

I really appreciate your help!!

Stacey Grewal
    Author, Gratitude and Goals

staceygrewal, Oct 30, 2009 IP