1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

What are the best internet marketing books/ebooks?

Discussion in 'General Marketing' started by int-mark, Oct 28, 2009.

Hi preferably looking for a book that is recently published and is comprehensive in that it shows you all the different methods of marketing

eg SEO, viral marketing, Article marketing, You Tube, Social Network site marketing, Social bookmarks, how to build attractive sites, write good content, write good sales copy, build trust with customers, do market research etc etc

These are the kinds of things that I would like the book to cover. :)

int-mark, Oct 28, 2009 IP
  2. PhilipR

PhilipR Peon

Best Answers:
    TheList.FMAdvertising.

But with any one you decide to go with, make sure that "author" has free tips, samples on his site. If not, you may want to pass on them.

Practically all don't. Then again, practically all are pure 100% shit.

PhilipR, Oct 28, 2009 IP
  3. livetowrite

livetowrite Peon

Best Answers:
    Honestly, the best place to learn IM is forums like this one. As you participate more and more, you will begin to learn and understand the fundamentals and that's really all you need. Over time, you need to put those into practice and develop your own "secrets" to IM. All the topics that you mention have already been discussed to death on DP and people will continue to do so. Just read around, ask a few questions and you'll have no need to buy any "guru's" guidance.

livetowrite, Oct 29, 2009 IP
  4. int-mark

int-mark Peon

Best Answers:
    Hi thanks for response. I have tried the forum approach and while there is a lot of useful info there are also alot of contradictory theories floating about. This is why I want to go off a book primarily and then use the forums alongside it.

What is the name of the book you mention?

The list?
    FMAdvertising?

Did a search for these in google and nothing came up:) Thanks

int-mark, Oct 29, 2009 IP
  5. PhilipR

PhilipR Peon

Best Answers:
    PhilipR, Oct 29, 2009 IP
  6. Sean416

Sean416 Member

Best Answers:
    unless you're going on a long plane ride and u don't have a laptop to bring, the best books are online blogs and websites. by the time stuff goes to print, it's old news. the only books i read are books from people whom i respect and want to know more about their personal insight. However if your goal is to learn internet marketing 101 then save your money.

Sean416, Oct 29, 2009 IP
  7. davidogden

davidogden Member

Best Answers:
    Books can be good for background reference, but you are probably better to keep updated online either by following forums or joining a site that provides Internet Marketing training

davidogden, Oct 29, 2009 IP
  8. PhilipR

PhilipR Peon

Best Answers:
    He can join forums all day long, but all the posters seem to know about are noob methods that do not work. Like, blogging, signatures, video marketing, seo, stupid Twitter....

They also give the worst advice.

They are like talking parrots, repeating shit they hear from other talking parrots. Mostly to be just heard, to be part of a thread. They really don't even know up rom down.

And it is repeated over and over and over and over again.

Although there are a few good posts here and there, for the most part, boards are crap for getting good advice.

PhilipR, Oct 29, 2009 IP
  9. Clownbaby

Clownbaby Peon

Best Answers:
    i have come to learn this from other forums i was on. what GOOD advice can you offer then?

Clownbaby, Oct 29, 2009 IP
  10. ItzPaul

ItzPaul Peon

Best Answers:
    Read then Practice then Think then Practice then Read then Think then Practice and Pray :) hopefully you will get there.

ItzPaul, Oct 30, 2009 IP
  11. livetowrite

livetowrite Peon

Best Answers:
    This is what I wanted to say:
    Read around, exercise your judgment and try out what you've learned. That's the only way to know what works and what doesn't. People will claim all sorts of success with a particular method or formula; they will show you screenshots of their clickbank account, their paypal account and even their bank account but you will only know what works if you get in the trenches.

Forums, blogs, e-books etc shouldn't be your gospel; they can point you in the right direction but you'll have to find your own way of making it work.

livetowrite, Oct 30, 2009 IP
  12. ezine ads

ezine ads Peon

Best Answers:
    It doesn't exist a book that is recently published + comprehensive + it shows you ALL marketing methods. You're requesting too much from one single book.

What you request is possible, but such book would have thousands of pages and will cost you a lot of money. If it costs a lot of money, there won't be too much buyers, so why someone would write it? Using the same content, it's better to write more books, charge reasonable prices and sell tons of copies ;)

ezine ads, Oct 30, 2009 IP
  13. PhilipR

PhilipR Peon

Best Answers:
    Clownbaby, if you are talking about getting traffic, it's mostly about advertising. That, next to word of mouth are, basically, the only two things that brings you in the traffic.

There are a few small things, but that is the bottom line.

That's it.

(Did you know that Markus Frind still advertises his site, PlentyOfFish.com?)

Without having to type out one long-ass post, in a nutshell, get plenty of critiques on both your site and your ads (Afterall, if they are shit, all of the advertising in the world will not help you.), learn how to be a good advertiser, and the ins and outs of it, and you are on your way.

Last edited: Oct 30, 2009
    PhilipR, Oct 30, 2009 IP
  14. redesignunit

redesignunit Peon

Best Answers:
    coooooolllll:)

redesignunit, Oct 30, 2009 IP
  15. int-mark

int-mark Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks for the good advice. Primarily have to agree with statement that there are alot of people repeating advice like parrots.

Ok methods can change quickly especially the search engines but I don't agree with fact that it is all old news as soon as it goes to print. I think this is another one of them myths.

I would rather trust someone who has been there and done it primarily and then use forums as a second resource.

names of any good internet marketing books please?

PS I know that the book might not contain all I want but just name the best ones you have found. :)

int-mark, Oct 30, 2009 IP
  16. Noahdeck

Noahdeck Guest

Best Answers:
    Hi int-mark,

Someone has also shared to me this website which I find interesting and fun learning just like those ebooks. You can also check this one out to try extending your resources:

www.massoutsource.com

Noahdeck, Nov 2, 2009 IP