1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Is article submisions the best

Discussion in 'General Marketing' started by webspider20, Oct 29, 2009.

Are writing articles and submitting them to a bunch of directories the best way to get more traffic or what would you say is the best way.

I am trying to get my newly created site Weekly Romance more traffic, I am only getting about 100 visitors a day and want to know how to get more and fast. And not just by traffic.

webspider20, Oct 29, 2009 IP
  2. ItzPaul

ItzPaul Peon

Best Answers:
    Do some keyword research and figure out what low competition keywords you can rank for on your website.

Then submit some articles and use the keywords as anchor text. Rinse and repeat and go read on building more backlinks for your website.

ItzPaul, Oct 30, 2009 IP
  3. beacon.seo

beacon.seo Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    advertise your site in social network sites such as facebook, orkut, twitter and many more. you could also join forums w/ same niche as yours and advertise it there.

beacon.seo, Oct 30, 2009 IP
  4. free2rock_85

free2rock_85 Peon

Best Answers:
    I suggest you should sumit your original articles to Ezine first, then after they accept, you can then submit them to different article directories. You should add more friends on Facebook and Twitter to add more views to website.

free2rock_85, Oct 30, 2009 IP
  5. swiftnomad

swiftnomad Active Member

Best Answers:
    I found that press releasing, if done right-- can help so much. :)

swiftnomad, Oct 30, 2009 IP
  6. WebEnterprise

WebEnterprise Active Member

Best Answers:
    Just keep doing SEO, backlinks are the major part of a websites rank and traffic.

WebEnterprise, Oct 30, 2009 IP
  7. ezine ads

ezine ads Peon

Best Answers:
    You should not focus on quantity but on quality and you should also analyze your visitors' behavior.

How many visitors out of these 100 actually take any action after landing on your website?

If the traffic bounces (the visitors don't do anything but leave quickly the website), then it means that you're wasting your time and money by driving untargeted traffic (= useless traffic).

If the traffic doesn't bounce, the visitors read something, click on some links but don't take the action you want, then improve your website before wasting more resources on driving traffic.

ezine ads, Oct 30, 2009 IP
  8. kayus4321

kayus4321 Guest

Best Answers:
    join social networking sites to let people know what you are doing.also,write articles that pertains to your site and submit to articles directories.it is one of the best way of getting traffic.

kayus4321, Oct 30, 2009 IP
  9. turnkeyinternet

turnkeyinternet Active Member

Best Answers:
    Article submission is one piece to the very large puzzle. You could submit a 1,000 articles to different directory and still have no traffic. Do you toss it out? No, you find other methods that compliment and make an overall strategy. Some have mentioned social networks that is great for traffic, others have mentioned press releases that also works well, article submissions are another great one, and forum links on relevant sites can help too.

turnkeyinternet, Oct 30, 2009 IP
  10. Video Rob

Video Rob Active Member

Best Answers:
    Article marketing is a poor way to get traffic and backlinks.

The best backlinks you can get are from established relevant sites on the index page. The best way to do that is to trade links.

Video Rob, Oct 30, 2009 IP
  11. turnkeyinternet

turnkeyinternet Active Member

Best Answers:
    That isn't necessarily a correct or appropriate statement. That is like saying all meat is bad. Marketing should be an all concept approach. For some websites, article marketing will work well for others not so much. That doesn't mean you say no to it from the start. That is a very narrow minded approach.

turnkeyinternet, Oct 30, 2009 IP
  12. CMQJan

CMQJan Peon

Best Answers:
    There is a widely known article publishing site out there that is well-respected, however, don't expect to get your first article or any subsequent article published without having it first rejected, resubmitted, maybe more than once. You can't have more than 2 self-serving links in your article which includes the signature. Ok, so maybe I got carried away and put 3. I just keep on tweaking...BUT it is worth it to get some articles published.

Added bonus: when you have one article published, you are considered by them an expert.

Articles are a great way to spread your knowledge and your name around. I also agree with the fact that it is a piece of the large puzzle.

CMQJan, Oct 30, 2009 IP
  13. PHPGator

PHPGator Banned

Best Answers:
    The best way is whatever way works for you. I'm trying article marketing out right now on a new website of mine. I've done some keyword research and we'll see how it pans out. But I've had a couple of websites where it just didn't seem to do anything. I think it depends a lot on your niche. Are people really interested in reading what you have to say about your niche? So, there's a chance that article marketing simply won't be a good fit.

You may find that PPC is good if you are in a relatively uncompetitive market and you can get cheap targeted traffic.

SEO still holds a valuable place. Same as above, if you can get to the top of Google and get lots of organic traffic that costs you nothing except time to keep your website at the top then you may find this to be your best bet. I really wouldn't toss anything out until you have tried it and tested it though. A good marketing plan is one that works! Generally those that are working have went through a lot of transitions, scraping and throwing out the stuff that isn't working for you.

PHPGator, Oct 30, 2009 IP