1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Advertise on the back of a car?

Discussion in 'General Marketing' started by tbarr60, Aug 11, 2006.

1. AuctionFreak

AuctionFreak Active Member

Best Answers:
    In the UK, i've saw a few people buy the domain name of their number plate such as P118VMB. They then get stickers made for the WWW and the .COM and place them either side of the registration plate.

Also, with this kind of advertising, it's going to be easier to track as they simply redirect the domain to their main site.

AuctionFreak, Aug 13, 2006 IP
  2. 8everything

8everything Peon

Best Answers:
    I wouldn't use this type of advertising.. honestly, I don't think a lot of people would pay attention to license numbers and letters.

It's an innovative idea though.

8everything, Aug 13, 2006 IP
  3. munt

munt Peon

Best Answers:
    im getting ready to try it now..
    the car isnt just a daily driver to work.. its my brothers car he uses for drifting on tracks and driving on the streets

my site is about drifting.. so its highly targetted..

munt, Aug 13, 2006 IP
  4. 8everything

8everything Peon

Best Answers:
    Let us know how it goes! (I'm curious) :)

Good luck!

8everything, Aug 13, 2006 IP
  5. DarrenC

DarrenC Peon

Best Answers:
    Funny you should be discussing this subject because I was thinking the same myself today whilst watching cricket. I'm going to look into how much it would cost to get some car window stickers designed / printed, and pass them around to family and friends and ask them to put the sticker in their car.

The only problem with this type of marketing is that you can't assess how effective it has been unless someone says "oh I saw your sticker in the car" because they would be direct hits on your website.

Worth a try and it'll be fun!

DarrenC, Aug 13, 2006 IP
  6. shauner

shauner Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I have been considering using window decals to advertise my credit card comparison website. I work at a Wal-Mart Supercenter and drive 20 minutes to work, so I imagine a lot of eyeballs would see it.

Considering the low cost, it would take just one sale on my site to pay for it and then some. I think I'm going to give it a shot. I'll report back on how it works out.

shauner, Aug 13, 2006 IP
  7. srdjan

srdjan Peon

Best Answers:
    I'm starting a local social networking website, and have my logo designed alredy by a friend, professional graphic designer. I already see my white logo on black cars all over town... This is a part of a chep offline advertising that I've planned, besides promo hats, shirts, pens & lighers...

srdjan, Aug 13, 2006 IP
  8. tbarr60

tbarr60 Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Good point. Would an alternate domain name work like with a dash in it or a .net instead of .com. It probably is not a good route but there is no good way to track a typed in URL.

tbarr60, Aug 13, 2006 IP
  9. srdjan

srdjan Peon

Best Answers:
    If you offer user registration on your website, you can always place "how did you heard about us" dropdown menu.

srdjan, Aug 14, 2006 IP
  10. alur3n

alur3n Peon

Best Answers:
    Might have to look into this as I do a lot of long distance driving on busy/slow roads ;)

alur3n, Aug 14, 2006 IP
  11. w3bmaster

w3bmaster Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I would try this when i bought my car for my future bmw related site definitly target advertising ...

w3bmaster, Aug 14, 2006 IP
  12. Tara33

Tara33 Peon

Best Answers:
    I look up web sites, which I see on cars, and I also plan to advertise with a rear license plate frame. However, I have a long domain name, so I am trying to find a way to add the name to the frame without making the text too small. I also thought of purchasing a vanity license plate to attract attention to the frame. I am thinking of putting "WEB*SELZ" on the plate itself.

I travel often, and have a 20-mile commute to work each day. It's a small investment, which may have a solid return; especially if you live in a Metropolitan area. I live in a suburb of Charlotte, NC - and commute to Charlotte to work each day (driving the entire length of the city from the top border to the bottom border).

Tara33, Aug 14, 2006 IP
  13. Buga

Buga Guest

Best Answers:
    Theres a company in town that pays people to have bumper stickers on their car with URL's. It's like Adsense for bumper stickers. Someone pays a fee to the company, the company pays X amount of people X amount of dollars to put the stickers on their cars.

Buga, Aug 14, 2006 IP
  14. Tara33

Tara33 Peon

Best Answers:
    Tara33, Aug 17, 2006 IP
  15. Judd

Judd Active Member

Best Answers:
    I have an automotive site that I have stickers printed off for. They actually sell well, but most of the time they are just given away to anyone who wants them. I am currently out right now. But it has been my experience that it does bring traffic. But also, it also depends on your niche. If you see a nice car with a window banner or a website, your going to be tempted to visit the site. Its about the niche more than anything and what kind of car it is on.

Judd, Aug 17, 2006 IP
    Tara33 likes this.
  16. FIVE539

FIVE539 Peon

Best Answers:
    mabey a blinking banner ad on the side of a car would do good ;)

FIVE539, Aug 17, 2006 IP
  17. Tara33

Tara33 Peon

Best Answers:
    I don't think an advertisement on a "hoopty" will be as effective as an advertisement on a "high end", or at least farily new car, which is in nice condition.

Example: I'm not gonna visit an Advance Auto Parts ad, which is on a lime green Ford Pinto; you get the picture.:)

Tara33, Aug 17, 2006 IP
  18. Tara33

Tara33 Peon

Best Answers:
    Tara33, Aug 17, 2006 IP
  19. techlh

techlh Peon

Best Answers:
    I have a large logo and web URL on the back of my Durango. I received a call just two days ago from a guy driving behind me. He will be my latest web design client. That $40 investment was one of my most successful.

techlh, Aug 17, 2006 IP
  20. infonote

infonote Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Off-line promotion is still the best marketing technique IMHO. It takes work but the results are greater

infonote, Aug 17, 2006 IP