1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Configuring Webserver (apache) for PHP

Discussion in 'PHP' started by WhitneyM, Oct 29, 2009.

Hello,

I just downloaded apache 2.2, php 5, and mysql 5.1. My mysql seems to be working fine and so does my apache server. However when I make pages with php code on them they show up on the webpage. I am not having this problem with the html on the pages. I think it may be due to the fact that I didn't configure it properly. The book I have that explains how to configure the programs tells me to do the following:
    to php: take ; out of ;extension=php_mysqli.dll (i did this and didn't have a problem)
    to apache: add addtype application/x-httpd-php .php (i also did this and didn't have an issue)
    activate module by removing # from #loadmodule php5_module "c:/php/php5apache2.dll" There was no module for this so I added it and it told me there was an error when i went to restart it. I tried naming the module loadmodule php5_module "c:/php/php5apache2_2.dll" because I have a file that came with the php download named that. It told me there was an error for that also. I also have a file named php5apache2_2_filter.dll but i wasn't sure what that is.

So I don't really know how to configure apache for the php file. If anyone could help me figure this out that would be great. O and by the way I am using windows xp. Thanks.

WhitneyM, Oct 29, 2009 IP
  2. techbabu

techbabu Peon

Best Answers:
    Hi..

Did you check this http://www.easyphp.org/

I hope It will help you.

Techbabu
    Don't just make a website: Make an impact

techbabu, Oct 29, 2009 IP
  3. Bohra

Bohra Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Just install Xampp and all the stuff will be installed properly u will not need to compile anything just install it

Bohra, Oct 29, 2009 IP
  4. sunchiqua

sunchiqua Peon

Best Answers:
    Assuming that you've installed PHP into C:\PHP5 ( if not, change the path ):

LoadModule php5_module "C:/PHP5/php5apache2_2.dll"
    AddType application/x-httpd-php .php
    PHPIniDir "C:/PHP5"
    Code (markup):

sunchiqua, Oct 29, 2009 IP
  5. wildogre

wildogre Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    check out www.appservnetwork.com you don't need to configure its already configured for a local system. Best of luck.

wildogre, Oct 29, 2009 IP
  6. kind_of_the_cash

kind_of_the_cash Active Member

Best Answers:
    easyphp is good choice comes with

pre configured

Linux , apache , mysql , php there :)

kind_of_the_cash, Oct 29, 2009 IP
  7. WhitneyM

WhitneyM Guest

Best Answers:
    Ok, so I downloaded from appservnetwork because I didn't need linux and when I went to the website to figure out where to save the files for the website because there is no htdocs file it said to save them under www and when i type in localhost/filename it doesn't show up, only if I type in the actual location on my computer. Do I need to save the files someplace else?

WhitneyM, Nov 3, 2009 IP
  8. adwebtiser

adwebtiser Peon

Best Answers:
    I use Appserv and I put all my files in C:/Appserv/www/filename.php

and I will type in http://localhoost/filename.php and it works perfectly

Did you uninstall all the applications (PHP, MySQL & Apache) before installing Appserv?

If not uninstall everything as well as appserv and start a fresh install.

adwebtiser, Nov 3, 2009 IP
  9. WhitneyM

WhitneyM Guest

Best Answers:
    I uninstalled it and then reinstalled it and saved it and it runs fine. I didn't uninstall the apache from before. Thanks everyone for all of your help!

WhitneyM, Nov 3, 2009 IP