1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Help!! My Wordpress Blog doesn't get indexed cause it's a dropped domain.

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by cowy, Oct 29, 2009.

A week ago, I purchase new domain from godaddy, I try to register brandable domain names and when I see it available, I register it. I have add content, digg it, give link from related blog and many more. However, I still can't the index of my blog.

Then I check out google, I just realize that my domain was listed in dropped domain listing such as justdropped.com. However it's strange when I inspect it using waybackmachine I can't find history of my domain.

Here is what has come to my minds:
    1. Submit to Google Webmaster and request reconsideration
    2. Back up the database and move it to other domain, they haven't indexed so I think it's OK to move it elsewhere without worrying about duplicate penalty from Google.
    3. Struggle to get indexed naturally by adding links

Please help me to resolve this problem, any advice and opinion will be appreciated :)

cowy, Oct 29, 2009 IP
  2. theapparatus

theapparatus Peon

Best Answers:
    But yet you don't link to it here so we can see what's occurring?

The url would be helpful please.

It make take longer than a week. I know on my own support forums, we tell folks it can take upwards of a month or not more.

theapparatus, Oct 29, 2009 IP
  3. webdev007

webdev007 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Wait for at least 3 weeks before making serious steps. It probably will indexed up within couple of days.

webdev007, Oct 29, 2009 IP
    cowy likes this.
  4. hassan_ali

hassan_ali Peon

Best Answers:
    a week! you got a domain a week back and your already worried its not indexed? chill out have a coffee.. if its not indexed in the next 3 weeks... come back.. till then.. work on your links and all the rest.

hassan_ali, Oct 29, 2009 IP
  5. kdenisk

kdenisk Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I agree. Dropped domains should lose PR, but not being banned from index. If nothing happens, send a reconsideration request. It should help.

kdenisk, Oct 29, 2009 IP
  6. Canonical

Canonical Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    ROFLMAO... The search engines will index you when they are good and ready. About the only thing you can do to speed up the process is get followed back links from other sites linking to your site. Submitting a sitemap will NOT speed up the process. Submitting a reconsideration request will not speed up the process... As a previous poster said, give it 3-4 weeks before you start worrying. Sometimes it can take a month or more.

The fact that it is a dropped domain means nothing. The fact that the domain was previously registered to someone else should only be an issue if the previous domain owner actually had a site up and running for the domain AND if that site was penalized or banned. This is the ONLY situation that a reconsideration request is going to help.

Patience grasshopper.

Canonical, Oct 29, 2009 IP
    cowy likes this.
  7. gwben

gwben Guest

Best Answers:
    The quickest way: Webmaster tools + stumbleupon/social media submissions.

A good way to help kick up the indexing is do a lot of whois searches on different whois engines, often these cache pages and constantly being spidered and will up the chance of indexing (works especially well for yahoo).

Comment on popular high PR blogs a few times with a linkback to your site, post links to your site in forums/ forum signature.

The idea is to have your link in locations that spiders are always hitting. Indexing will follow pretty quickly (I get new sites indexed within 72 hours of doing the above, though the full indexing takes weeks).

gwben, Oct 29, 2009 IP
  8. welshgirl2

welshgirl2 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Hiya

If it's on WordPress you should also check out your privacy settings.

Login to your dashboard, look down the left hand side and click on "privacy " under "settings".

Make sure you haven't got the "I would like to block search engines" one checked.

welshgirl2, Oct 29, 2009 IP
  9. Pixelrage

Pixelrage Peon

Best Answers:
    Did you submit an XML sitemap for it? It's more important than ever.

Pixelrage, Oct 29, 2009 IP
  10. cowy

cowy Peon

Best Answers:
    Hi All,
    Thanks for all your input!
    My site is cartridgebuys.com, feel free to check it with your favorite tools.

I've been in managing websites for more than two years, and I always get indexed in my first week. Yeah, maybe I worrying too much about it, I will take 3 days before I make another serious action. But I think I will continue to adding links from my other blogs.

I have submitted the xml sitemap to google, submit to digg, submit the RSS feed, write article and link it from my other blog. If nothing happened, I will submit too Webmaster tool and request consideration.

Now I have mentioned the domain name, do you have any idea how to get indexed and is there something wrong in my site?

cowy, Oct 29, 2009 IP
  11. gwben

gwben Guest

Best Answers:
    http://wam.dasient.com/wam/diagnose?URL=cartridgebuys.com&scan_id=108212

Ran your site, Dasient say you are not blacklisted so I would say don't worry, it will index.

gwben, Oct 29, 2009 IP
  12. cowy

cowy Peon

Best Answers:
    cowy, Oct 30, 2009 IP
  13. gwben

gwben Guest

Best Answers:
    No problem, glad you got indexed ;).

gwben, Oct 30, 2009 IP