1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Keyword Research which is more important the www or page titles?

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by simpleonline1234, Oct 28, 2009.

When it comes to keyword research which is more important?

The name of the website or the pages on the site?

I sell headphones and I know I won't ever be able to get headphone.com or org, etc but i can get something like bestheadphonestoget.com.....now my pages on my site or should i say the keywords for each page do have good search volume (5k+) and the competition is under 100K.

For instance

DJ headphones
    Headphones for Running

ETC

Am I going correctly by just having the main phrase "headphones" somewhere within my website address and focusing on the individual page title (keywords) to attempt to rank?

Thanks for any input

simpleonline1234, Oct 28, 2009 IP
  2. openmindz

openmindz Active Member

Best Answers:
    You want a combination of both:

Examples:
    bestheadphonestoget.com/headphones-for-running.html
    bestheadphonestoget.com/dj-headphones.html

openmindz, Oct 28, 2009 IP
  3. sultanofseo

sultanofseo Notable Member

Best Answers:
    yes, if you cannot get the domain with your primary keyword in it, then add other generic words to make up a domain name. try to add as less word(s) as possible. in your example of bestheadphonestoget.com, try to get bestheadphones or headphonesonline or cheapheadphones, etc. if adding one word is not enough, then try more but always try to keep the main KW on the domain

sultanofseo, Oct 28, 2009 IP
  4. mytheory

mytheory Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    you have to practice both domain and page title. Both are important factors affecting ranking on search engine

mytheory, Oct 29, 2009 IP