1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

What the hell - my EZA account has been suspended for no reason.

Discussion in 'ClickBank' started by popedope, Oct 28, 2009.

If anyone submits articles and makes money from it like I do, you'll know that you have to submit a lot of articles in order to make a decent pot from it.

I've been submitting like 5-10 articles TOTALLY UNIQUE for the past few months. Now I find my account has been suspended because I think they are cracking down on "derivative content" which is total BS.

LAAAAAAME.

So just a word of caution - don't submit 1,000 to EZA because all that thanks you will get will be a big fat suspension.

popedope, Oct 28, 2009 IP
  2. venrooy

venrooy Active Member

Best Answers:
    I think eza is shooting themselves in the foot w/ this one. They're soon going to find out that the articles that bring affiliates revenue, are also the ones bringing them revenue.

venrooy, Oct 28, 2009 IP
  3. ParthS

ParthS Peon

Best Answers:
    Same thing happened to me last week. Just send them an email and they'll get you up and running again.

ParthS, Oct 28, 2009 IP
  4. geterrdone

geterrdone Peon

Best Answers:
    I had about 20 articles to submit and came across the threads in here and WF about them and have decided to go through articlebase instead. I've seen a lot of articles in google rank higher than ezine.

geterrdone, Oct 28, 2009 IP
  5. popedope

popedope Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Exactly.

You need to own more of the Internet and you're not going to do that with like 3 articles. You've got to continuously pump out the content.

They really are bone-heads. I thought you're meant to treat your customers well and not punish them.

6. alexa_s

alexa_s Peon

Best Answers:
    Well ... not necessarily, though that's what most people do, who are doing well. You can also submit articles of such originality and high quality that they get re-published a huge number of times. I have some clients who have done spectacularly well with low numbers of articles widely re-published. This is what article directories are actually for, you know. ;)

They are cracking down on "derivative content". They have said so openly and unambiguously. I welcome it. I think that for serious marketers providing original, quality information in their articles it's a real win/win situation.

I wish EZA well in "cleaning up their act", getting rid of the crap and the people who habitually submit it. They're obviously doing this to enhance their own standing with Google and others, and I don't blame them. In their position, to be honest, I would have done this a long time ago.

I think exactly the opposite. I think it's a long overdue decision wisely and finally being taken.

EZA could ban all affiliate marketing links tomorrow and it wouldn't affect their own page-rank at all, you know. What it would do, for sure, is improve the average quality of the material published there.

I suspect that Chris Knight is taking a long-term view of his business, here, saying that for the sake of the longer-term higher quality of the site, he's willing to lose some of the affiliate stuff, one way and another. And I think he's right.

I also think he's right to advise people to submit longer articles. My own experience has always been that although shorter articles have a higher click-through rate, it's the longer ones that bring most of the sales, perhaps mostly because they're doing a better job of separating the "buyers" from the "readers".

(In a sense, I "declare an interest" as an affiliate marketer and article-writer myself: these changes will clearly be to my advantage.)

alexa_s, Oct 28, 2009 IP
    GeorgeB. likes this.
  7. GeorgeB.

GeorgeB. Notable Member

Best Answers:
    alexa_s, please stop it. You're making too much sense!

GeorgeB., Oct 28, 2009 IP
  8. bl4ckmaN^

bl4ckmaN^ Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Do you realize how many articles affiliates submit DAILY to them? EzineArticles would be nothing without marketers, whether PPS or CPA or whatever.

They will kill themselves if they ban affiliate links, and they know that very well.

I agree with you in regards of quality, because we, marketers, don't really care about the content as much as the reader to click through, but it doesn't mean we write crap. We still need to get them interested and provide a few useful points, otherwise no one will click on your links.

bl4ckmaN^, Oct 28, 2009 IP
  9. hamidap

hamidap Active Member

Best Answers:
    Articles:
    If it's the derivative content thing then I'm surprised you didn't at least get a warning first. Here's a quote from an email I got from EZA a while back:

All my articles were unique (in that they passed Copyscape) but to be fair there was a bit of derivative content (I was submitting up to 20 articles a day).

Right now I'm taking it easy with EZA and only submitting 3-5 really good articles daily. To begin with I was slightly bitter (normally I keep my really good stuff for my own sites), but after thinking about it I've realised it can only be a good thing for everyone concerned. For the long term it will benefit anyone who is building a serious business and I'm now spending more time on content for my own sites and building backlinks.

hamidap, Oct 28, 2009 IP
  10. popedope

Best Answers:
    Exactly the email I got.

Did you update your articles and get unbanned, then started to submit a lower number of articles each day?

Thanks

11. hamidap

hamidap Active Member

Best Answers:
    Articles:
    I was never banned - I just got the email warning (around the beginning of october) and immediately started submitting better articles. I didn't change any of my old articles. Now that I know they're keeping an eye on my account I'm being extra careful - still I'm not keeping all my eggs in EZAs basket because I know anyone can be banned at any time.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 28, 2009
    hamidap, Oct 28, 2009 IP
  12. onlinemoniez

onlinemoniez Peon

Best Answers:
    I don't think this is worth debating anymore. Tons of people got the piss slapped out of them. Move on and give them what they want. In the meantime. . . .

Go PHILLLLSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

onlinemoniez, Oct 28, 2009 IP
  13. venrooy

venrooy Active Member

Best Answers:
    If I were eza (they obviously know more than me, or I'd be richer than I am) But if I were them I'd make sure that I'm tracking each and every article page and would not eliminate any articles that are consistently getting traffic. Then if it's not getting traffic, and it's crap, kill it. And then going forward raise your quality standard for articles coming in. But it's not smart to just delete entire accounts. There's better ways of increasing quality without hurting current revenue.

venrooy, Oct 28, 2009 IP
  14. dlm

dlm Peon

Best Answers:
    Yup EZA is a bitch.

They take a week to approve your articles and then start deleting them for no reason. Not worth the time.

dlm, Oct 28, 2009 IP
  15. Supper

Supper Peon

Best Answers:
    I guarantee your banning will be the best thing that ever happened to you, as long as you don't beg for your account back. Article marketing is a crutch.

EZA is going to clean up. It's their prerogative and if I was running the joint I'd be doing the same thing. In fact, my changes would be much bigger. squidoo, hubpages, blogger, .info, etc sites would not be allowed in the resource boxes, but I digress. I've gone over it in my latest blog post. EZA's interests are counter to your interests. The more you further your interests, the worse EZA becomes. The more EZA furthers it's interests, the worse yours become.

Chris Knight gave a very honest post on his blog. "We are at war with affiliate marketers".

Supper, Oct 28, 2009 IP
  16. dlm

dlm Peon

Best Answers:
    Yeah. The $5000 I make per month using articles is quite the crutch :rolleyes:

dlm, Oct 28, 2009 IP
  17. rolf

rolf Active Member

Best Answers:
    This makes it very hard for some niches where you are trying to get the keywords for "how to" "how can I" etc.

More varied articles demand long term niches like seduction, make money online, forex where each article is about different topic and less hard sell e.g. "best forex bot review", "which is the best forex bot" etc.

Especially as petehols uses articlesbase, I think I will write most new articles there but still use EZA, I like their system.

As black says, EZA is nothing without affiliate marketers. I've never been sent a link from there from a non-affiliate marketer. I am not sure what EZA wants to become because if they want higher quality but no rev-share then they may lose market share. Hopefully it works out well.

rolf, Oct 28, 2009 IP
  18. vitalous

vitalous Guest

Best Answers:
    Anybody with that many articles would do far better by spreading them accross 20 or 30 blogs
    (of their own preferably) than just GIVING them to the piece-of-dung known as EzineArticles.

John

vitalous, Oct 28, 2009 IP
  19. Michelle.

Michelle. Peon

Best Answers:
    sorry to hear about that.... has your income dropped a lot as a result of submitting 4 now as opposed to 20? because I am writing articles which are easy to write but follow the same style so I manage to write 5-10 a day as opposed to 3-5 and I'm getting worried now reading this.

Michelle., Oct 29, 2009 IP
  20. popedope

Best Answers:
    Your income isnt affected if you write less articles.

I found that if you submit like 10 a day, huge numbers of them will go live at once which just ends up in them all getting really low visitor counts. So in essence, 3-5 a day might be a lot more beneficial

popedope, Oct 29, 2009 IP