1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Need help with a google penalty

Discussion in 'Google' started by Indy001, Oct 28, 2009.

I am fairly new to IM, and never had to deal with a Google penalty before. I made a site on tattoos, and it went live in July of this year. The site has not ranked on anything other than its own url. The site is http://totallysweettattoos.com - I have 3 other sites that use a similar design and have had no problems with them. I few weeks ago, I submitted a reinclusion request to Google. I got a reply saying they reviewed my site, and that if it passed all guidelines it would show up in the SERPs. Well, it still hasn't so I'm guessing there is something in violation of their terms, but I have no idea what. If anyone has any advice / ideas, I would be grateful for them. Do I just give up this domain and put it under a new domain? If it is something wrong with the site the penalty might just come up again. I wish Google would have just told me what was wrong. The site is getting decent traffic from Bing, and some from Yahoo.

Thanks in advance.

Indy001, Oct 28, 2009 IP
  2. parky

parky Peon

Best Answers:
    what made you think you had a google penalty?

parky, Oct 28, 2009 IP
  3. Indy001

Indy001 Peon

Best Answers:
    I think I have a penalty becuase my site does not show up for any keywords. It does show up when you search for totallysweettattoos.com, but does not even show up for totallysweettattoos without the .com. It does not even find a block of text copied from a page and doing a quoted search on it. The site has been active since July, and I have recieved plenty fo Bing traffic and some Yahoo. No one has ever arrived from Google.

Indy001, Oct 28, 2009 IP
  4. AzharNadeem

AzharNadeem Active Member

Best Answers:
    Sometimes it happens that sites does not show up for some keywords. same was the case with my website http://nafeesbadges.com.
    It went on and off on certian times. you can check your index status by typing Site:your URL in google search bar. Indexed pages will show up.

Regards
    Azhar

AzharNadeem, Oct 28, 2009 IP
  5. abluegrape

abluegrape Peon

Best Answers:
    Hmm how strange, You have original content as well according to copyscape!

Are you focusing on certain keywords rather than just tattoos?

abluegrape, Oct 28, 2009 IP
  6. kianah

kianah Peon

Best Answers:
    youre absolutely right - you have a penalty. trademark supression. Could be a number of reasons.

kianah, Oct 28, 2009 IP
  7. zebno

zebno Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Your site is not penalized!! its showing up the results in Google search..

zebno, Oct 28, 2009 IP
  8. Indy001

Indy001 Peon

Best Answers:
    zebno,

What are you searching for that you see my site showing up for?

Indy001, Oct 28, 2009 IP