1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

why hostgator dont pay me?

Discussion in 'Affiliate Programs' started by digitalseven, Oct 16, 2009.

Hi everyone,

i have a problem

i am a member of hostgator affilite.

i have some sales. But hostgator dont pay me anything.

I dont understand my first sales in 2-3 mounths ago. And my customers say me we pay with credit card every mounth. but hostgotor say me they do not paid that account is overdue. But i see customers account is still active in my commision panel. Hostgator say me we can not pay. And i ask them "OK. Why must i do for this or why musn't i do? They say no. Only explain me what is "active" "not paid" "overdue" means

this is my screen.
    Pls look
    [​IMG]

Now i ask you, why this is so? My customers pay to hostgator. And their account is active. But hostgator say these account is overdue? Whyy??

Please explain me.

Thanks..

digitalseven, Oct 16, 2009 IP
  2. AtlasChild

AtlasChild Peon

Best Answers:
    hostgater going to scam

AtlasChild, Oct 16, 2009 IP
  3. snakeair

snakeair Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Have you actually contacted HG support to get your answer? Also did you read there TOS which states all the payment info?
    http://support.hostgator.com/articles/affiliates/when-and-how-often-will-i-be-paid

From that screenshot it looks like the referals you made have not paid there own hosting bill yet.

I got my commission on time from them but that was few months ago. I haven't referred anyone since, perhaps i should start promoting them again.lol

AtlasChild do you have real proof they are a scam? Cause i have been with gator for 3 years and have no problems with them nor had any problems with payment's. Back up your comments

snakeair, Oct 16, 2009 IP
  4. digitalseven

digitalseven Peon

Best Answers:
    my friends say me "we pay every mounth to hostgator with credit card and paypal" Also i see on my reports, that sites are active them links are active and that are in hostgator's servers.

finaly hostgator affiliate help desk sent me this message.

"Hello, I can only read from our billing system that a customer is overdue. For privacy reasons I can not give any details about their accounts. If a customer is overdue at the time of payout, they would not be eligible for a commissions. Active means their billing account is still active with us, DNP means they did not pay for service. That will eventually turn suspended or cancelled."

Please explain me why this so?

digitalseven, Oct 18, 2009 IP
  5. gabibeowulfx

gabibeowulfx Active Member

Best Answers:
    You have to wait 60 days to get paid for those commissions. It is said in the FAQ / Terms that you forgot to read.

Also, if the clients cancel their hosting or don't pay their bills during the 60 days , you will not get paid.

That being said, you WILL get paid for active clients, so send some more. The real money come in when the commission is bumped to $100 - $125.

gabibeowulfx, Oct 19, 2009 IP
  6. meadwords

meadwords Peon

Best Answers:
    Why Hostgator always have couple of Guys always Saying Hostgator is right and Others is Wrong?

I Wounder if This a Parttime Job,,, i might apply;)

meadwords, Oct 19, 2009 IP
  7. meadwords

meadwords Peon

Best Answers:
    Dear why you attacking the man, and he is simply Complaining?

I believe if you just work with them, then you shouldn't know too much Info;)

But dear do not attack ppl that complaining, because it makes nonsense How Hostgator having Guys in here, if they wrong or Right, they defined it and saying the Opposite of what everyone's else is saying.

So if you just work with them as affiliate, do not judge others.

But if you work in the staff, please do not try to go sneeky ways

Thanks

8. snakeair

snakeair Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I am not attacking anyone. What makes you think that? Sorry if me explaining things seemed that way. Just i prefer to re-read TOS/FAQ's of programs before i ask question's elsewhere.

It piss's me off when people say a program is a scam and have no real proof to show us. I wish the folks would do this then i'd be on there side. I do not work for HG if you are thinking that. I wish i did so i can rig things so i have free hosting. lol

snakeair, Oct 19, 2009 IP
  9. meadwords

meadwords Peon

Best Answers:
    That is ok bro

just talking me no accusing.

I have seen couple of bad experiences and i just felt like Talking

Thanks for your comment

10. TheVipee

TheVipee Peon

Best Answers:
    I have the same problem. I have lots of commissions saying not paid...

Last edited: Oct 28, 2009
    TheVipee, Oct 28, 2009 IP
  11. narsticle

narsticle Peon

Best Answers:
    did you not hit their minimum payment threshhold? Most programs its $50

narsticle, Oct 28, 2009 IP
  12. viatorek

viatorek Active Member

Best Answers:
    i think they will pay you in few days 100$
    you are checking wrong window check grand of commision
    keep us updating

viatorek, Oct 28, 2009 IP
  13. GatorJay

GatorJay Peon

Best Answers:
    Hi Digitalseven, I am the director of the HostGator affiliate program. Please feel free to contact me anytime through our ticket system via affiliates (at) hostgator.com What our support team told you was correct, the 8/25 commission is overdue with us and at this time is not eligible for payout. Your 8/15 sale is valid at this time. However, August commissions do not go out until the end of this month. As long as your customer pays before that time the commission can still be valid.

We have no minimum threshold for payment, and we do hold all commissions for 60 days which are then paid out at the end of each month if over that period of time.

The "Not Paid" only means we have not yet paid you for this sale, this is a horrible way of labeling things and we are very aware of this. We have a new affiliate system being custom designed in-house and we hope to have it out in the next 2 months.

To anyone else claiming we are a scam, as is done often, please present any proof you have and I would be happy to dispute that claim, or resolve your issue if it was in fact a problem on our end. Our program is certainly not perfect, but we do not go out of our way to scam or fraud anyone. We pay out over $400,000 dollars a month to our affiliates, and to think we would cut that down by scamming a few 50 dollars sales is just crazy.

GatorJay, Oct 28, 2009 IP
  14. viatorek

viatorek Active Member

Best Answers:
    may I ask why? whats a difference between this 2 customers?
    he refered bought in good will.

viatorek, Oct 28, 2009 IP
  15. GatorJay

GatorJay Peon

Best Answers:
    If his referral does not pay us for hosting service, we can not pay him for the commission. We are a month to month hosting service with no contracts and the majority of our sales have the first month free of charge, if we paid out on overdue customers we would open ourselves to large amounts of affiliate fraud. I am sure I do not need to explain that paying 50 dollars on the customers 1 cent would be a sure road to bankruptcy. There is always risk involved with a service based affiliate program, both on the referrals side, and the hosts.

Last edited: Oct 28, 2009
    GatorJay, Oct 28, 2009 IP
  16. JayMMD

JayMMD Peon

Best Answers:
    I think they'll pay you because customer status is "active" means they paid and don't have overdue. The "not paid" column is indicating Hostgator haven't paid you the commission for that particular sale. However please contact GatorJay or their live support to get a confirmation about this. If you know the customer, try getting the payment statement from them to support your case.

JayMMD, Oct 29, 2009 IP
  17. calvynlee

calvynlee Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I having the same problem too, I bring them some customer, but they mention that my customer does not paid,but after checking with my customer, they do paid.

I am still confuse why hostgator give this kind of excuse by not paying us. I will stop bringing them sales until they give me a good explain

calvynlee, Oct 31, 2009 IP
  18. ORZ

ORZ Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    If you refer people using codes with 1c price like digitalseven and the person doesn't pay another month with a normal price surely they will not pay you.

1ct sale for them and you get 50$? Neh.

PS: I have worked with hostgator a long time ago when they were easy to sell and they payed without problems.
    PSS: http://forums.digitalpoint.com/showthread.php?t=1552499 Haven't read this before I posted. You send fraud sells and you demand something? Get lost scammer.

ORZ, Oct 31, 2009 IP
  19. fineu01

fineu01 Peon

Best Answers:
    you had better contact them asap. Your explaination or proof show that you are not fraud.

fineu01, Nov 11, 2009 IP
  20. Sammysart

Sammysart Peon

Best Answers:
    Now why do you think someone is going to pay you 50$ in exchange for a guy who's only going to pay them 1cent and take 1 month hosting.
    Your referral should pay for two months at least....then you'll get paid.

Sammysart, Nov 11, 2009 IP