1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How to generate sub domains with new database

Discussion in 'PHP' started by premalatha, Oct 28, 2009.

I want to generate subdomain and database for each employer dynamically, while they are registering in my site, they want to generate subdomain as "username.mysite.com" and all the details about this employer will stored in seperate db.

Please Somebody help me.

Last edited: Oct 28, 2009
    premalatha, Oct 28, 2009 IP
  2. techbabu

techbabu Peon

Best Answers:
    Hmm..

First add a entry *.mystie.com then in your php code you can easily mange redirect every user to specific page.

database is also mange on form submitting when the form submit on that point you can create new database using user's $_POST[] data variable.

TechBabu
    ------------
    Don't just make a website: Make an impact

techbabu, Oct 28, 2009 IP
  3. premalatha

premalatha Guest

Best Answers:
    Thanks for your reply,I cant get you properly. Please give me some brief explanation about this. Iam developing a jobsite.When the recruiter registered, they want to handle new database and generate subdomains. also the details about the recruiter are saved in the main database also

premalatha, Oct 28, 2009 IP
  4. organicCyborg

organicCyborg Peon

Best Answers:
    I think he's trying to tell you to use a wildcard DNS record (or wildcard subdomain? Can't recall the right term), which will redirect to a script that will look up the info in the database.

Depending on your server OS and web server, there are a lot of ways to configure this. Your host can set it up for you, if they allow it.

organicCyborg, Oct 28, 2009 IP
  5. premalatha

premalatha Guest

Best Answers:
    I cant understand, i am new to this . please give some brief explanation or sample codes or links etc.The recruiter don't want to save interviews on someones server.so they want to cloned and put in their office with own logo and name. so it works like a manager section for them.

premalatha, Oct 29, 2009 IP
  6. organicCyborg

organicCyborg Peon

Best Answers:
    This is quite a job. You'd be better off hiring someone to do it for you versus trying it yourself. So much of it depends on how your DNS and webserver is set up.

organicCyborg, Oct 29, 2009 IP