1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

EPN Quality Click Pricing Results

Discussion in 'Commission Junction' started by scott231us, Oct 2, 2009.

Curious of everyone's EPN Quality Click Pricing Results so far. I know its still Oct (the first month of the rolloout), but curious if anyone is seeing higher or lower EPN payouts from the new Quality Click Pricing (QPC) system.

Because of the quality traffic I send them, from very target niche, and all my traffic is from organic search rankings, I was expecting to be rewarded, but instead my payout is down 75% so far this month versus previous months.

What has everyone else seen? Lower or higher EPN earnings?

Last edited: Oct 2, 2009
    scott231us, Oct 2, 2009 IP
  2. thesilly1

thesilly1 Peon

Best Answers:
    I think it's too early to tell unless you have massive traffic that wouldn't be skewed by 2 days (or in this case 1) of results.

Unless you're talking about the 'estimate' from last month... in that case there was a whole thread discussing this.

thesilly1, Oct 2, 2009 IP
  3. enigmanuma

enigmanuma Member

Best Answers:
    I'm usually at around $175 by this time of the month, but they are showing my earnings at $3.84. Not very happy at this point.

enigmanuma, Oct 15, 2009 IP
  4. ManMadeMarketing

ManMadeMarketing Peon

Best Answers:
    I'm down over 50%

ManMadeMarketing, Oct 15, 2009 IP
  5. geomark

geomark Peon

Best Answers:
    I'm up! This is what I did: I removed EPN from all my high traffic spots. And I have made only one sale this month. The result is that I have had QCP earnings for the last 10 days in a row, some days a lot higher than previous months' EPC.

So the secret is: small number of clicks + few sales = QCP earnings

LOL, ebay are such f'ing idiots. You guys that are actually generating sales are getting screwed while someone who isn't doing squat like me is making good QCP earnings. Of course I know it won't last. But that's why I dumped them already.

I'll leave them on my low traffic spots for the time being and replace them when the QCP goes to zero. You real earners my want to try the same.

geomark, Oct 15, 2009 IP
  6. thesilly1

thesilly1 Peon

Best Answers:
    Yeah. It's a weird system. for the first 10 days I was sitting at a EPC of $0.12-0.14... which worked out to about $10 per day. meh, lower than before but nothing to cry about considering I do nothing to the sites. Now the last 5 days have been $0.04. ugh. So sales really do have something to do with this formula.

thesilly1, Oct 16, 2009 IP
  7. rushy

rushy Peon

Best Answers:
    I am up by about 150% this month. I've blogged about it on my affiliate marketing site. I drive between 150-200 clicks to EPN every month and traditionally have been earning around £150 per month. This month in the first few days of the month I sold an item worth about £3500 and for the week that followed my EPC was .32...the week after my EPC dropped to .01 The last few days its crept back up to 0.02.

The crux of it is I sold a highly targeted item and the few days that followed earned substantially more than I had historically.

So from my point of view it looks like low clicks + high value items = good QCP....of course thats certainly not exact and doesnt make sense to me but for the moment, I'm happy with things! :)

rushy, Oct 16, 2009 IP
  8. geomark

geomark Peon

Best Answers:
    150 to 200 clicks per month? Man, that is like nothing. But if you get sales you earn big.

geomark, Oct 16, 2009 IP
  9. davewashere

davewashere Active Member

Best Answers:
    I'm down at least 50%. With this new system you're best off getting rid of low-converting links, or if possible only have them appear on the days following a huge sale (and huge jump in EPC). I wouldn't risk losing my account to game their system, but I'm afraid there are probably some who will. I'm really not sure how QCP is supposed to benefit honest publishers.

davewashere, Oct 19, 2009 IP
  10. scott231us

scott231us Peon

Best Answers:
    I really don't get it at all.. This is how screwed up it is right now.. I make more money, when sending them less traffic. When I added EPN to more webpages (all targeted traffic looking to buy something), I make less.. So I simply took epn off most of my websites and webpages and put buy.com and others from CJ, and EPN pays me more, even though they're probably getting less sales.. Buy.com is paying me a ton more, simply because my traffic converts into sales..

scott231us, Oct 27, 2009 IP
  11. geomark

geomark Peon

Best Answers:
    Hmmm, buy.com, I might have to try that in the last couple of spots I have EPN running. EPN was paying me all month even though I had only one small sale around mid-month. But EPC has dropped to 0 now so it's time to flush the last little pieces of EPN crap.

geomark, Oct 29, 2009 IP