1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

5000 posts but only 400 indexed!!!

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by cool_dude, Oct 27, 2009.

Hi,
    I'm beginning to worry over this issue.My site has about 5000 posts but google has indexed only 400 of them.It's almost a year since I started off with my site.No appreciable amount of traffic from google but my PR is 2.I've installed sitemaps and submitted them too.Also I'm beginning to note this,my pages are getting indexed and deindexed later.My site updates like 10 new posts a day.

Other sites of my niche have almost most of their pages indexed in google.What am I missing?

Is there any other way that I could start over and index all my pages?

Thanks in advance!!!

cool_dude, Oct 27, 2009 IP
  2. digitalpoint

digitalpoint Overlord of no one Staff

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Get more links. If you don't have that many natural/deep links, Google isn't going to spider that much of it.

digitalpoint, Oct 27, 2009 IP
  3. cool_dude

cool_dude Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks for your response.Do I need to build links for my posts too?

If so I haven't done that yet.I normally build links pointing to my home page.

4. ideamarketing

ideamarketing Member

Best Answers:
    Google no longer has PageRank...it has been discontinued.

"We've been telling people for a long time that they shouldn't focus on PageRank so much; many site owners seem to think it's the most important metric for them to track, which is simply not true. We removed it because we felt it was silly to tell people not to think about it, but then to show them the data, implying that they should look at it. :)"
    -Susan Maskwa (Google Employee)

ideamarketing, Oct 27, 2009 IP
  5. wildogre

wildogre Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Be patient soon all the pages 'll be indexed.

wildogre, Oct 27, 2009 IP
  6. withhindsight

withhindsight Member

Best Answers:
    It's a good idea to social bookmark the deep pages. The google spiders crawl the SBM sites regularly so they will then spot your deep pages. Also make sure your URL's don't contain many obscure characters again this can often be a reason for deep pages not getting indexed. Also if your site has that many pages it's a very good idea to have a site map this will encourage the spiders. And also make sure your internal linking isn't too confusing for the spiders. I'm not going to go into the details of internal linking, but it sounds like you should look up the best ways of doing it becuase it does make a big difference. There are a few other possibilities, for example I've seen sections of large sites be penalised, but not the entire site and thus subsequently all pages steming from a certain page will not get indexed because the page they stem from is penalised.

hope that helps

withhindsight, Oct 27, 2009 IP
    cool_dude likes this.
  7. cool_dude

cool_dude Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks for the very detailed info and I'll try SBM for my site then.I think I'm getting a clear picture now.Rep added!

8. Canonical

Canonical Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    WRONG! They still have PR. They still use it in their ranking algorithm. They simply stopped displaying it on the Google WMT Crawl Stats page because doing so seemed to emphasize it as important when they keep telling people it's not that important.

NOWHERE did they say PR no longer exists... NOWHERE did they say it's not used in their algorithm. The ONLY thing they said was that they removed the chart showing the number of high, medium, and low PR pages on your site that are indexed.

Re-read...

Canonical, Oct 27, 2009 IP
  9. Canonical

Canonical Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Now that the "PR proganda" post has been addressed, I'll try to answer the OP's question...

Perhaps I'm wrong but I'll take a WILD guess here... I'm guessing that you don't actually "write" 10 original posts per day... You suck them in and auto repost them onto your site by subscribing to article submission sites' RSS feeds or other sites' RSS feeds.

Perhaps this is not the case, but I doubt VERY seriously you're writing 10 post per day. If you are then the quality of the posts have to be VERY poor. I spend many hours writing a single post. But I do so because I want the end result to be high quality, original, unique content that no one else on the web can claim as their own. I want people to follow me and visit my blog because they like what I write and respect my opinions.

If you are simply republishing other people's content on your site, you should honestly be thankful that you have 400 pages indexed. Be thankful if you have even 1 visitor per day. In such cases, why should Google waste the space in their index with hundreds of copies of the EXACT same post from hundreds of sites just like yours? They should figure out who the originator is, index that one and deindex all of the rest. It's quite simple for Google to recognize when every post on a site is republished.

If you want rankings and traffic, original content is key. It's a long slow journey if done correctly. You have to build a following and get natural links over time. It doesn't happen over night. All the cheap directory spamming, blog commenting, forum spamming gimmicks for link building won't come close in effectiveness when compared to slow, natural link building over time.

Republishing duplicate content is worthless unless you're going to add value to that content somehow... It's not impossible to make duplicate content rank well, but it is harder than making original content rank well. A site that is ALL duplicate content isn't likely going to gain backlinks naturally because those natural backlinks are likely going to be pointed at the original versions of the posts.

Canonical, Oct 27, 2009 IP
    cool_dude likes this.
  10. digitalpoint

digitalpoint Overlord of no one Staff

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Yeah... just get links naturally imo. If your articles/content isn't good enough for people to want to link to it on their own, it needs work imo.

Thanks for the update... too bad you are the only one talking about PageRank.

digitalpoint, Oct 27, 2009 IP
    cool_dude likes this.
  11. cool_dude

cool_dude Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks for your response.I guess that's where I'm making a mistake.Still that doesn't clear my doubts as other sites in my niche use the same content [Duplicate content - Copied from other sources] but they have more indexed pages.

Rep added!

12. LinkGenie

LinkGenie Active Member

Best Answers:
    I dont think all your links will get index by Google. But if you get links from Google cache pages the index probability is high. Also there are no tool to get accurate number of index links.

LinkGenie, Oct 27, 2009 IP