1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Website looks horrible If IE <8

Discussion in 'HTML & Website Design' started by vahing, Oct 22, 2009.

My site www.proxies4u.com looks great when viewed in IE8, FF and Chrome. Yet, in IE7 the website looks bad, even worse with IE6.

Any idea?

vahing, Oct 22, 2009 IP
  2. dhaval300

dhaval300 Peon

Best Answers:
    use table for each and every part of your website.....

use 100%width and 100% height of yr table...

i mean 2 say use tabular form ...ok ???/got it????

if u don't than download some ready made template .....and open it...and than check that temlate with ie <8.....ok ????

maximize and minimize the index file of that template and also maximize and minimize your web page.....

in the source file u got it wht is mean by tabular form.....

dhaval300, Oct 22, 2009 IP
  3. ywp

ywp Peon

Best Answers:
    Two issues are preventing proper display of Your Web Page (ywp) in IE6-7.

1. One of your divs is too wide:

<div class="entry">
    <div style="width: 400px;">

Code (markup):
    Here is the maximum width:

<div class="entry">
    <div style="width: 353px;">
    Code (markup):
    This will stack your Ads in IE6-7, but the middle section will be in the right place.

2. The large space below "Visit random proxy" appears to be the result of google_protectAndRun generated code. You might try a separate post for a solution or just remove the offending ad.

In other words, there are two ads under "Visit random proxy." One you can't see and the second one, which you can see. The one you can't see is causing the space in IE6-7.

ywp, Oct 24, 2009 IP
  4. wdct

wdct Peon

Best Answers:
    You can notice what's displaying wrong in IE <8, and then build a style sheet for those versions, and add the "if" code to your HTML, so that if there is anyone viewing your web site in IE <8, the web site will use the style sheet coded for those situations.

wdct, Oct 25, 2009 IP
  5. vahing

vahing Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Thanks a lot! Indeed did <div style="width: 353px;"> solve that problem.

vahing, Oct 25, 2009 IP
  6. Kayarc

Kayarc Peon

Best Answers:
    when I run into issues like this I usually find that running my code through WC3 markup and css validation services.. this usually fixes most problems... also the correct doc type may help as well

Kayarc, Oct 26, 2009 IP
  7. drhowarddrfine

drhowarddrfine Peon

Best Answers:
    For years I've been telling people IE6 and IE7 are the worst browsers on the planet and no one believed me, telling me I was stupid. Now that IE8 behaves more like modern browsers, such as Firefox, Safari, Chrome, etc., they see just how vulgar the older IEs are and are now realizing their markup was never written correctly in the first place cause Microsoft bamboozled everybody into thinking IE was the only browser worth having. Now you guys see what I was talking about.

While IE8 has much better CSS2.1 support, as you guys progress into CSS3, javascript, HTML5, and other more advanced areas, be aware that IE8 is just as horrible in those areas as 6/7 are with CSS. Be ye forewarned.

drhowarddrfine, Oct 26, 2009 IP
  8. pizzazz

pizzazz Peon

Best Answers:
    Just wanted to agree whole heartedly with drhowarddrfine! I too was a victim of this but now at least understand my error!

pizzazz, Oct 30, 2009 IP