1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Near Death Experiences

Discussion in 'Politics & Religion' started by filipina4friends, Oct 22, 2009.

there are studies that shows that the brain freaks out if you are dying.

so it's almost completely natural...nowadays

filipina4friends, Oct 22, 2009 IP
  2. imad

imad Peon

Best Answers:
    ever noticed, that when you are about to fall on ground for example, you naturally move your hands to protect your face? did you think about it, and decided to move your hands to protect your face? or the brain decided for you?

when you sneeze, your eyes are always closed? did you think about it, and decided to close your eyes to protect them? or the brain decided for you?

is this the kind of freaking you meant? that the brain does when near death?

brain will always try to protect you, but the brain itself does not have a brain, so I think it will keep doing its job, even when the time to leave comes.

imad, Oct 22, 2009 IP
  3. ksalman92

ksalman92 Peon

Best Answers:

I don't know what studies you are talking about, but both ways that I took what you said I think you're wrong..

If you mean when you're having a near-death experience such as dying on a hospital bed in surgery or something of that sort, many people have had out-of-body experiences when they're supposed to be dead (as in, flatlining) and have come back and said they saw what was going on..[see http://paranormal.about.com/b/2009/01/20/surgery-out-of-body-experience.htm]

If you mean when an accident happens to you, then there is the 'fight-or-flight syndrome' which I firmly believe in after being in an accident last year involving a shooting..I fought, instinctively, and it saved my life. See: [http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fight-or-flight_response]

Be more specific when you say stuff! :)

ksalman92, Oct 22, 2009 IP
  4. alexispetrov

alexispetrov Peon

Best Answers:
    I had one of those weird "life flashing before your eyes" deals about 4 months ago.

I was thrown across a room and as I was falling I opened my eyes and saw that my head was going to take the weight of the fall and hit a heavy metal tool box.

I was about 30 cms over the box and there were all the scenes from the past two or three years flashing through my head - it was like a TV show or something - there wasn't any sound, it was like being under water kind of.

Anyway, hard to explain - but it was trippy, and luckily I am still here. (Although the fall was bad enough to cut up my head and leave a whopping dent in the solid tool box - so maybe I have brain damage now >.<')

alexispetrov, Oct 22, 2009 IP
  5. Damocles

Damocles Peon

Best Answers:
    Sounds like you live an exciting live, maybe you need to set some boundaries.

Damocles, Oct 23, 2009 IP
  6. alexispetrov

alexispetrov Peon

Best Answers:
    Damocles - I think we all have boundaries when it comes to being attacked; but would you tell a victim of a mugging to "set some boundaries"?

It is of course not a wish of mine to be harmed - freaking boundaries, my ass.

/facepalm

alexispetrov, Oct 23, 2009 IP
  7. Warner

Warner Active Member

Best Answers:
    Brain is the part of our body so it will unfailingly die as well as body. But there are studies also which shows that people have deathless souls - after death our body becomes lighter at 9 gr! So our soul leaves our body!

Warner, Oct 26, 2009 IP
    GeorgeB. likes this.
  8. GeorgeB.

GeorgeB. Notable Member

Best Answers:
    +rep for the lulz

GeorgeB., Oct 26, 2009 IP
  9. stOx

stOx Notable Member

Best Answers:
    If the soul weighs 9 grams it must have mass. So I guess the question for me to ask and, should you be able to answer will win you a Nobel prize is, show me it.

stOx, Oct 26, 2009 IP
  10. Love*

Love* Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    I know *my* brain would freak out if I were dying. :)

Love*, Oct 26, 2009 IP
  11. Mia

Mia R.I.P. STEVE JOBS

Best Answers:
    I think I know what you are referring to. However it would have been nice if you posted a reference to some of these studies so we could talk more about them specifically. Thanks.

Mia, Oct 26, 2009 IP
  12. austinmillo

austinmillo Peon

Best Answers:
    Which ever way you try to look at it people do have near death experiences...you can't correctly research near death experience because death is that journey you take never to come back.
    Some experiences may be mere hallucinations and these are not near death...
    A classical example of a near death experience was the case of a patient who was rushed to this hospital in an emergency. She told how she was actually gone for a while, when she saw her soul left her body on the hospital bed while the doctors were working on her...she described how she had left the hospital, her soul moving upward, she remembered seeing a white pair of shoes on top of the hospital decked roof-top. Nobody believed her until the medical staff went to the roof top and to their surprised there lay a white pair of abandoned Nike shoes!

austinmillo, Oct 27, 2009 IP