1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Studio 8 Premium Edition...wow

Discussion in 'HTML & Website Design' started by ly2, Aug 16, 2006.

I have always used front page because thats what I started on, and I truly hate learning how to use new software, it really slows production time. So anyway, I decided to finally make the switch. I got Studio 8 Premium, it comes with: flash, dream weaver, and fireworks. I am overwhelmed with joy and also despair.

I feel like I'm REALLY behind. This has so many great tools and features that I know nothing about and it's pretty depressing. But at the same time, I am extremely happy that I have all these new design tools to learn and implement. Anyway, I just wanted to share with everyone! =o

Also, is there any other design and code software I should look into? I can only imagine how many other things I probably need. :(

ly2, Aug 16, 2006 IP
  2. 1EightT

1EightT Guest

Best Answers:
    dreamweaver ownz!!!!

1EightT, Aug 16, 2006 IP
  3. nevetS

nevetS Evolving Dragon

Best Answers:
    Don't spend too much time with flash. Check out projectseven.com - they have some really solid plugins for DW (free and a few paid ones). I also would recommend buying one of their templates. They have really good documentation that will show you some good stuff in fireworks and in DW.

It's been a while since I poked around, but I don't think there's anything out there that's as good as DW.

nevetS, Aug 16, 2006 IP
    jestep likes this.
  4. brian394

brian394 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Yes, as everyone is saying Dreamweaver is pretty great overall for the design and coding of a site. However, one other "design tool" I would recommend is a new web-app I recently finished making called Font Tester. It allows you to compare different fonts side by side and adjust their various CSS font properties in real-time (font-size, color, background-color, text-align, line-height, and so on). Then, once you're done it can generate the CSS code for you. Also includes a fancy color picker. Good luck on your site :D

brian394, Aug 17, 2006 IP
  5. blakew

blakew Active Member

Best Answers:
    Once you start using the programs on a regular basis it will all fall into place.

blakew, Aug 17, 2006 IP
  6. ly2

ly2 Notable Member

Best Answers:

I just checked out that page, very nice. I got the image gallery extension so far. I may get more..

ly2, Aug 17, 2006 IP