1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Yahoo domain

Discussion in 'Domain Names' started by chm3, Aug 10, 2006.

I got an email from Yahoo for USD1.99 domain. Is anybody here tried to register throuhg it? Is it good or not?

chm3, Aug 10, 2006 IP
  2. dshah

dshah Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    wow, thats nice :))

dshah, Aug 10, 2006 IP
  3. stojan

stojan Guest

Best Answers:
    The $ 1.99 Yahoo domains ( only new customers ) are nice, they have a pretty easy to use control panel, and with this big of a name you cannot go wrong, but they will not let you buy bulk at that price ( at least not for existing customers, maybe for new ones ) , the only problem I have with Yahoo is that their customer service is SLOW and SUCKS . :)mad: this pisses me off, I don`t understand why can they not haver a better service, being such a big company )

stojan

stojan, Aug 10, 2006 IP
  4. idzone

idzone Active Member

Best Answers:
    I agree with stojan. I had registered 1 domain for 1.99 but the control panel was bad and not easy to use

idzone, Aug 10, 2006 IP
  5. dshah

dshah Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I think he said their control panel is easy to use and I second to that, its pretty simple IMO.

Come on! How often you use domain control panel once you set name servers.

The best thing about yahoo is their NameServer changes propogates faster than anyone else, thats the only one reason I like them (okay 1.99 deal is also a factor ;) )

dshah, Aug 10, 2006 IP
  6. alopes

alopes Peon

Best Answers:
    The worst thing from Yahoo! is that they buy the customer domain names at Melbourne IT and because that you can't make internal transfers without 60days. And the other thing is that their Customer Care center reply to your problems using copy/paste.

alopes, Aug 11, 2006 IP
  7. websiteideas

websiteideas Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    You can register for $1.99 and then transfer to Namecheap or Godaddy if you don't like the Yahoo support service and control panel. It's easy to transfer a .com with Yahoo.

websiteideas, Aug 11, 2006 IP
  8. Correctus

Correctus Straight Edge

Best Answers:
    You cannot transfer domains with Yahoo, so dont buy if you think you are gonna sell it sooner or later

IT

Correctus, Aug 12, 2006 IP
  9. Mike Seiler

Mike Seiler Peon

Best Answers:
    I'm not sure why people always say you can't transfer domains away from Yahoo. I read that a lot after I bought one during the first sale. Just for kicks, I tried to transfer it away to Directi. It took 5 days, so it wasn't lightning fast--but it did work.

I could see it failing if you forget to login and unlock it first, or try before 60 days are up, but I can't see what a company of Yahoo's size could gain by messing with customers over a domain.

Mike Seiler, Aug 12, 2006 IP
  10. ReadyToGo

ReadyToGo Peon

Best Answers:
    Can you push the domains registered with Yahoo?

ReadyToGo, Aug 12, 2006 IP
  11. agnivo007

agnivo007 Peon

Best Answers:
    I think not...

agnivo007, Aug 12, 2006 IP
  12. sixty6

sixty6 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Yahoo! is horrible and has no felxibility like GoDaddy!

And if you're a frequent Domain Buyer, GoDaddy offers bulk and better support for Domain Names!

Yahoo! is horrible and they put you on hold for 20 minutes before they can respond

sixty6, Aug 13, 2006 IP
  13. Yahoo!Guy

Yahoo!Guy Peon

Best Answers:
    Yes there are really some problems with Yahoo Domains. But you can try, the price is reasonable.

Yahoo!Guy, Aug 14, 2006 IP
  14. sixty6

sixty6 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I disagree with that. Here are all the problems I've experienced:

1. The price is $9.99 for existing customers (new customers get $1.99 or so for their FIRST domain only <-- The only good thing about Yahoo!)
    2. Their DNS Servers are managed by Melbourne, which is in Australia. If you are experiencing any problem, Yahoo! Domains can only create a ticket and wait a week for a reply.
    3. Their support desk is EXTREMELY slow and horrible. One time I called to change the IP's of the nameservers I registered with Yahoo! Domains (My Hosting Customers point to ns1 ans ns2.sixty6hosting.com and I moved to a new nameserver, so it would be easier if my registrar would change it rather than have all my customers manually point to the new server) and the first time I called, they created A Records for sixty6hosting.com and said it should be up and running in a week, it wasn't....I called a second time and had to wait ANOTHER week for them to change it...
    4. They put me on hold for 30 MINUTES just to "gather some information" and another 15 MINUTES while they process my support...

Sixty6 Domains (GoDaddy), NameCheap are all so much better. If you transfer to Sixty6 Domains now, there is only a simple charge of $6.95/year ADDED on to how many years you registered with your previous registrar (Takes a week depending on your previous registrar, but well worth it..)

Also, GoDaddy Support Desk is SOOO MUCH better than Yahoo! and the staff is well knowledged in a ton of tickets and your calls NEVER exceed any more than 10 minutes..

Also, their Domain Control Panel is much more powerful than Yahoo! and they offer bulk registration, an ideal component for any Domain-based webmaster.

Also, if you want to move to a new host and don't want to wait 2 days like Yahoo!, GoDaddy usually takes around an hour (they say 24-48 hours, but from personal experience, it is WAY shorter)...

sixty6, Aug 15, 2006 IP
  15. super

super Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    when i bought domain from yahoo for 2.99 they charged me 1$ wallet fee which was not included in the recipt, nor anywhere else at checkout, i saw it on my credit card history later

super, Aug 16, 2006 IP
    sixty6 likes this.
  16. sixty6

sixty6 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    are you serious? that is such a sneaky little trick....At least GoDaddy shows the 30 cents they charge in the reciept...

sixty6, Aug 16, 2006 IP
  17. super

super Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    yes it was few months ago when it was 2.99, i thought why not. and later i saw that yahoo wallet fee. Its not about the dollar but about its pure cheating :mad:

super, Aug 16, 2006 IP
  18. zachbb

zachbb Peon

Best Answers:
    Sixty6 is correct, there are many problems with Yahoo. I have heard of many people having trouble with transfers out of yahoo as well as usability problems with the control panel. Check out domainsocial.com/showthread.php?t=92

zachbb, Aug 16, 2006 IP
    sixty6 likes this.
  19. Superior

Superior Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    100% agree with stojan.
    and also i think they don't allow you to transfer your domains to any other registrar if u purchase on cheap price.

Superior, Aug 16, 2006 IP
  20. sixty6

sixty6 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    That would be wrong and against ICANN Registration rules, right?

sixty6, Aug 16, 2006 IP