1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Adsense Dropping alot? Anyone else see this?

Discussion in 'Payments' started by AnyRandom, Oct 22, 2009.

Anyone know if there is an issue with adsense, as i was earning around 60cents per click around 15 clicks a day. Well last week im only getting around 9 cents a click, traffic is the same. Just not what there paying. the site is about insuring your life.
    Thanks

AnyRandom, Oct 22, 2009 IP
  2. sahandy

sahandy Peon

Best Answers:
    wait for few more days ;) your old days will come

sahandy, Oct 23, 2009 IP
  3. denniss

denniss Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Things you might wanna know:

1. Google uses an auction system to match available adviews on sites and advertisers. Basically if you and me both want to advertise on a particular search phrase/site, AdWords will ask us both to submit our maximum per-click bid. Let's say you've set yours as 12 cents per click, while I've set mine at 9 cents per click. That means that Google will first show your ads --until you run out of available funds for the campaign -- and only then go to my ads.
    2. What happened in your case, is that one advertiser was willing to spend some good moolah on clicks, however it appears he ran out of marketing budget to keep running the campaign (or lowered his per click pay based on results of the campaign). As such AdSense is showing lower paid competitor ads for your site and you don't make as much per click.
    3. The only way for you to get as much as you used to before is if some competition starts again and advertisers raise their per-click bid.
    4. Regarding #3, speaking from my experience in marketing, that should happen in a few months... Basically marketing departments in most companies have yearly budgets for ads... Now it's the end of October (hence the end of the year), so most companies are almost out of ads budget, so they stop giving ads or lower per-click pay... until they get their hands on next year's marketing budget (that'd be in early January). So you've gotta probably wait a few months for new budgets to kick in and things to rebound.

Hope I was of some help.

denniss, Oct 23, 2009 IP
    pdfmania and sahandy like this.
  4. Jontish

Jontish Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Thank you Dennis. I really appreciate that you took your time writing that.
    Learned a lot!

Jontish, Oct 23, 2009 IP
  5. denniss

Best Answers:
    Glad I could be of some help :D

*hint hint* Green rep is always appreciated ;)

denniss, Oct 23, 2009 IP
  6. 1associate

1associate Peon

Best Answers:
    That's a really interesting point about marketing budget running out.

If it is having an adverse effect at the moment it should get better come April 2010 in your sector and with the Christmas budgets for other sectors.

1associate, Oct 24, 2009 IP
  7. newbitoo

newbitoo Peon

Best Answers:
    let see in the next few days
    seems your ads is very cheap

newbitoo, Oct 24, 2009 IP
  8. rhonda_susuan

rhonda_susuan Peon

Best Answers:
    this actually depends upon the niche, may the one u are using does not pay much

rhonda_susuan, Oct 27, 2009 IP
  9. denniss

Best Answers:
    You're right, this does depend a lot on marketing sectors.

E.G. retail stores/electronics/tech/games retailers will get a HUGE boost in ads money spent this coming month (November 2009) for X-Mas Rush marketing budger.

But then the sector will go dormant until late February or so.

In financial/insurance/mortgage sectors though, from my experience, new budgets literally land in publishers account starting from late january -- after a few months of virtual calm in november/december (basically most ppl don't take life insurance or new mortgages during x-mas rush time, so financial institutions don't have an x-mas budget built in unlike places that sell actual goods)

denniss, Oct 28, 2009 IP