1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Does your website have valid markup?

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by The SEO Man, Oct 22, 2009.

Too often I think webmasters overlook the aspect of having valid markup.

• Does your website have valid markup?
    - Check the Markup of your website for Errors -
    Markup Validation Service: http://validator.w3.org

HTML validators operate by comparing the mark-up on a web page to the W3C standards. The standards vary depending upon the declared version and so the validator will start by reading the DOCTYPE declaration to see which set of standards to apply.

Once the validator has read the page and determined the applicable standards it looks for such things as missing opening or closing tags, missing quotation marks and other hand-coding errors.

The validator then provides a report indicating that the coding is correct or not. Errors are noted in a list. One error, such as neglecting to close a tag, can cause a cascade of errors through the page, producing dozens or even hundreds of noted errors. However when the page author addresses the first error listed it will also eliminate the "cascade errors".

Read more > Source: W3C Markup Validation Service

The SEO Man, Oct 22, 2009 IP
  2. gemreplica.com

gemreplica.com Peon

Best Answers:
    I have made a SEO plan for replica watch company, it is effectively.
    The websites in Page1 in Google with keywords "replica watch" are the reasult of SEO and SMO

gemreplica.com, Oct 22, 2009 IP
  3. webdev007

webdev007 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Most of the websites even popular ones fails in W3C validation.

webdev007, Oct 22, 2009 IP
  4. wd_2k6

wd_2k6 Peon

Best Answers:
    Maybe validation doesn't play a big role in SEO, but SEO is only half the job, gaining the revenue is the main part of the job, and a valid page affects this..

wd_2k6, Oct 22, 2009 IP
    sultanofseo likes this.
  5. willybfriendly

willybfriendly Peon

Best Answers:
    Document structure is a prime consideration for on page SEO. Passing validation is certainly part of this, but does not guarantee that proper, or optimal structure exists.

This is where a sound grasp of HTML markup is important - something that is sorely missing these days with all the CMS's and software produced sites out there.

Hardly true. Further, there may be times when a decision is intentionally made to use non-validating markup for design reasons. (I have used non-valid markeup in menus in order to force IE to display correctly for instance.)

The ability to write proper markup is a basic skill. Would you hire an electrician that could only come close to meeting standards - or worse, ignored them entirely?

willybfriendly, Oct 22, 2009 IP
  6. sultanofseo

sultanofseo Notable Member

Best Answers:
    when it comes to SEO, validation don't really mean much. i c plenty of site always that rank high but dont pass the validation

sultanofseo, Oct 22, 2009 IP
  7. 6speed

6speed Guest

Best Answers:
    Yes, most websites I make have valid markup.

SEO or not, it's just something I like to have polished.

6speed, Oct 22, 2009 IP