1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Will this pass?

Discussion in 'Copywriting' started by Nora, Oct 22, 2009.

I'm new to writing and I'm doing my best to learn how to write better articles, but so far it's not working out too well.
    Whenever I'm ready to type, my mind goes blank and I can no longer put my thoughts into words. Is this normal when you're a beginner? If you've overcome this problem, would you mind sharing your secret? :)

Nora, Oct 22, 2009 IP
  2. teamnirvana

teamnirvana Active Member

Best Answers:
    I too face similar kind of issues. What I do, is a bit queer, of course. I smoke or else sit alone and have a pint of beer.

Note this, I sit alone :) And put a small notes before me to take the points as they come. Ppl watch me strangely, but I need to provide the client with the product. So, I do not mind.

I do not advice that every one needs to do this.

teamnirvana, Oct 22, 2009 IP
    Nora likes this.
  3. BlueIce08

BlueIce08 Member

Best Answers:
    As the above poster said I find sitting somewhere quiet helps, sometimes I would find myself trying to write the whole article in one go, instead it may be better to think of it in sections. Try to break down what you are trying to get across and think of it a section at a time and it will all come together.

BlueIce08, Oct 22, 2009 IP
    Nora likes this.
  4. tag44

tag44 Peon

Best Answers:
    It all depends on your interest, if you are interested in writing article than you can do it very easily but if not than switch to any other work.

tag44, Oct 22, 2009 IP
  5. averyz

averyz Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Writing is hard for me my mind is always blank before I write..

I have to force myself to do it, once I start I get on a roll but I have to keep going until it is done.

Reminds me I have to write a tec article to day. I hate those..

averyz, Oct 22, 2009 IP
  6. KsNitro

KsNitro Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Research or reading about the subject should give you ideas when you begin to write. Also, read articles that you think are well written and pay close attention to their use of language and sentence structure. How do they introduce the subject?

KsNitro, Oct 22, 2009 IP
    Nora likes this.
  7. figgity

figgity Active Member

Best Answers:
    Nora, are you good at natural conversation? I 've heard that some people use a tape recorder to get all their thoughts out and then put that on paper. If you are computer savvy (which I suspect you are), you could get Dragon: Naturally Speaking and just talk while it writes your thoughts down for you.

figgity, Oct 22, 2009 IP
    Nora likes this.
  8. Matt Willard

Matt Willard Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Also, relish the concept of the horrible first draft. It is a powerful weapon. Once you do get that research (I like to throw together a barebones outline), just write paragraphs. Don't stop, don't read it. Focus on your fingers hitting the keyboard if you want. Just write it all out. Then, when you're done, step away from it for a few hours, or even a day. When you come back, revise and make it sound better than your horrible first draft. But that horrible draft will kick your momentum into gear.

Matt Willard, Oct 22, 2009 IP
    Nora likes this.
  9. internetauthor

internetauthor Peon

Best Answers:
    I always tell my writing students to put something on the paper to get them started. Often, it's simply rephrasing the question as an introduction. Once they have something, they seem to have a bit easier time getting started on the writing itself. For example, if the topic was blogging, those that struggle to get started would just write, "Blogging is a form of writing online." Or even, "This paper deals with blogging." Just seeing words gets the fingers going again. When the students go back to revise and edit, they simply cross off that first junk sentence and start with the real ideas that came later. Never let a title or first line be a sticking point. They are the easiest to change later...

internetauthor, Oct 22, 2009 IP
    Nora likes this.
  10. Nora

Nora Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Thank you so much for all the wonderful replies. :)

Matt Willard & Internetauthor, I love the idea of a horrible first draft. I was scared that putting down basic sentences would get me nowhere but rewriting them really does make finding the appropriate words easier.

Thanks for the tip Figgity, I'm an even worse speaker but I'll consider buying the software so I can get better at that too. :)

Nora, Oct 23, 2009 IP
  11. sunsoftsystem

sunsoftsystem Peon

Best Answers:
    It all depends on our interest and involvement. If you feel typing is boring or mind goes blank then use speech recognizer to convert your speech to content, afterward edit the content.

sunsoftsystem, Oct 23, 2009 IP
  12. decadance

decadance Active Member

Best Answers:
    start to know what's going around and write the word 'at-least' what's the condition. and try to pursue things connected to them...and let your hand do writing while your mind surfing.

if it's doesn't work,,,try comfort yourself.

:D

decadance, May 15, 2010 IP
  13. InkCreativeStudios

InkCreativeStudios Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Starting at a blank page is like standing outside of a freezing cold shower and knowing you're about to jump in while the water is still cold. You dawdle. Jump in and get it over with. ;)

The first page is always the hardest.

InkCreativeStudios, May 15, 2010 IP
  14. Perry Rose

Perry Rose Peon

Best Answers:
    This is an old thread, but what the hell....

I go out for a loooong walk or a drive and take pen and paper with me.

Having sex helps too.

But not while I'm on my walk or out driving.

Perry Rose, May 15, 2010 IP
  15. InkCreativeStudios

InkCreativeStudios Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Well shoot, someone dug this one up. Didn't look at the dates.

Why not? :)

InkCreativeStudios, May 15, 2010 IP