1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Pause your Google Adwords to protest lack of phone and email support

Discussion in 'Google AdWords' started by Tamarack, Oct 20, 2009.

For years I have been able to get phone support for Adwords.
    Today I called and after I put in my account number the system said google
    "cannot provide phone support to all google ad-words advertisers".

When did this happen? I have spent 10's of thousands of dollars with them and I am so P.O.ed about this I am pausing my Ad-words account.

I suggest you try to call and if you get the same message do the same thing.

These SOBs are making a ton of cash but it is not enough. They think there FAQs are so great they don't have to answer the phone.
    The arrogance makes me want to puke! - and pause my adwords...

Fight back! Hit them were it hurts - In thier fat wallets!

Tamarack, Oct 20, 2009 IP
  2. smile633

smile633 Peon

Best Answers:
    Do you really think that's going to work?
    I can understand your anger, but "fists" only get you into deeper trouble. Don't you think there is another way?

smile633, Oct 20, 2009 IP
  3. Lucid Web Marketing

Lucid Web Marketing Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Google now wants you to contact them by email. Been like that since July.

As for getting people to pause their campaign, even for a day, Google won't even notice. First, many would not pause for even an hour as they are making money. It's the smart advertisers that are making Google money (and for themselves). The 80/20 rule probably applies: 80% of their revenues is likely made from only 20% of Adwords advertisers.

Second, even if ALL advertisers paused for a day, 1/365 is a small percentage, wouldn't show on Google's bottom line.

Lucid Web Marketing, Oct 21, 2009 IP
  4. Tamarack

Tamarack Peon

Best Answers:
    Earnings are reported quaterly.
    So I think you could not them down a penny a share on their earnings for a given quarter.
    Wall street would take notice.

Tamarack, Oct 21, 2009 IP
  5. Tamarack

Tamarack Peon

Best Answers:
    Google understands only one thing. Money.

6. Lucid Web Marketing

Lucid Web Marketing Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    OK, 1/91 is a larger percentage. Still smallish in my mind. But no way you're going to get a significant amount of advertisers to do this and affect Google. I estimate there are 100,000+ active Adwords users. Good luck contacting a significant number of them and agree with your plan.

Most businesses understand only one thing. That surprises you?

Lucid Web Marketing, Oct 21, 2009 IP
  7. Tamarack

Tamarack Peon

Best Answers:
    Mr Lucid,

No it does not surprise me that a business only understands one thing, money. At the same time, for decision makers like me not being treated like a turd by a company can trump a possible business advantage of doing business with them.

Perhaps a better plan is too have users pause their ads while they wait for response to the email sent to google and indicating in the email that the ads have been paused. This way they will see a dollar amount attached to their decision.

I plan on calling yahoo and bing today and find out their policies. I will suggest they should tout the fact they provide phone support and google does not.

I had to laugh today when I logged into Ad words there was a BRIGHT RED dialog box alerting me that none of my ads and were running and they were ready to help (but not by phone) along with and a link to the Adwords support team which when click sent me to the standard page.

Poor customer support has caused many a giant to stumble - this could happen to google too. Unless we all take the defeatist attitude you espouse.

Last edited: Oct 21, 2009
  8. Lotos1

Lotos1 Peon

Best Answers:
    One day of protest will not harm Google at all. Maybe if you said a month, they would listen to you. Don't worry, people will eventually find out how crappy their service is and will stop using them. Right now, they don't care because they never had any problems or questions to ask, but once they do, they'll know why you were so angry.

Lotos1, Oct 21, 2009 IP
  9. omshanti

omshanti Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    If you're really angry, write to them via email. No point repressing your anger fuming within your own mind and cursing them for not providing the desired level of service expected by you.

Let them know you're angry. And why?

If you're going to lose your mind, business and sweat cursing them.. you'll be a loser at the end of the day.. it won't matter google anyway.. But if you're going to be smart and take action, you probably might end up at the winning side if you take this event positively.

You're right.. you feel angry about google not servicing you by phone when you're spending 10's of 1000's of $$$$$ on google adwords campaign.. you've got the right to complain.. just go ahead and shoot them an email NOW!

omshanti, Oct 22, 2009 IP
  10. estacy

estacy Guest

Best Answers:
    There's no way I would pause my ad campaigns--that would be financial suicide and probably a lot of other advertisers are in my shoes.

The worst thing about email support is they don't actually take the time to read the email and understand the problem before firing off a stock answer.

But to the point, Yahoo and MS still offer phone support, so I've increased my spend by 15% on both in protest of this new policy and will include this fact in all emails to Google support.

estacy, Oct 23, 2009 IP
  11. skut

skut Member

Best Answers:
    I already contact them about 4 - 5 times via email, and didn't get answered.. for like 2 month i believe.

Have no idea what should i do, all of my campaign now is not working.. and my new campaign didn't even get any impression :(

skut, Oct 23, 2009 IP
  12. vitalous

vitalous Guest

Best Answers:
    They know what they can get away with. So they do. Just because they can.

These are the problems one is faced with, when:

A. Raising a teenager

and/or

B. Dealing with a company that has no regulatory oversight whatsoever.

Just like the wild west.

John

vitalous, Oct 24, 2009 IP
  13. thuxen

thuxen Peon

Best Answers:
    haha, Google banned a ton of affiliates that were spending upwards of 7 figures a year with them. Their quarterly earnings are still going up despite this. Do you think they actually care about you and the money you spend?

They would probably rather just ban you than have to deal with a phone call.

thuxen, Oct 24, 2009 IP