1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Help! Best adsense and no money....

Discussion in 'Reporting & Stats' started by rona_shelf, Aug 16, 2006.

Hello,

I really need an advice.
    I have a few websites and I've followed all the best paid adsense lists in order to get more money.
    I get some ads about really high paid words like: Student loan, but after some one presses one of the ads I get about 0.22$ ....

What should I do?
    Is there diffrent payments for new websites?

rona_shelf, Aug 16, 2006 IP
  2. gretel

gretel Guest

Best Answers:
    how much traffic you got coming to those sites?
    And by the way,did you make those sites to earn money or is it your hobby/interest?
    You should never try to make a site to get money

gretel, Aug 16, 2006 IP
  3. Angelus

Angelus Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Whatever you do in life with intention to make money will fail. Do it for yourself,
    money will follow...

p.l.u.r.

Angelus, Aug 16, 2006 IP
  4. The_FoX

The_FoX Peon

Best Answers:
    Decrease the number of page views and increase the number of clicks! :D

The_FoX, Aug 16, 2006 IP
  5. cornetto

cornetto Peon

Best Answers:
    Well actually, $0.22 isn't too bad. Five of those is a dollar, so 500 of them is $100. My clicks are more like $0.10 each. You just need more traffic.

cornetto, Aug 16, 2006 IP
  6. cornetto

cornetto Peon

Best Answers:
    Oh, and ignore that guy who said that if you do it for the money you will fail. I go to work every day for the money. I wouldn't go if they didn't pay me. I don't see it as a failure to earn an honest day's wage.

cornetto, Aug 16, 2006 IP
  7. Any

Any Peon

Best Answers:
    I agree to cornetto and as usual we get people saying that money doesn't matter and content does but in fact to pay for the hosting and be able to create this content one needs some money:) to keep him from getting distracted from content creating. Well it's somehow a vicious circle and I'm not sure where the exit is but I personally start with an idea and then play with monetizing it. Sure enough I didn't research which ads pay most and even now I don't care too much but when I decide to start a new project I will definitely research some around my ideas to choose the one I like that has best chances of bringing me back some monetary gains together with the satisfaction. To the thread starter... maybe you want to make sure that people who actually would be interested in your ads also come to your site, otherwise even if you get 5$ per click you'll get smartpriced pretty soon and that'd hurt more than your current 22cents (which is absolutely not a low number just get enough traffic). Hope I'm not being taken too seriously :)

Any, Aug 16, 2006 IP
  8. Google

Google Peon

Best Answers:
    Have you ever heard of something called SmartPricing?

You can no longer make a page on mesothelioma and sit and expect $100 clicks..Google pays you what your keyword-list seller told you only if it senses your website to return value for your visitors...

So, start building quality, valuable content over the keywords, and then your earnings wil improve..

Google, Aug 16, 2006 IP
  9. rona_shelf

rona_shelf Guest

Best Answers:
    thank you everyone !

I have a lot of traffic ... on some of my websites.
    and also there i dont get alot of money...
    i have around 300-500 visits everyday, more the a 1000 page impressions.
    does the payment changes by the traffic? lets say i get more traffic will i get paid more for every click?
    and also what is Smartclick?

thanks again.

rona_shelf, Aug 16, 2006 IP
  10. an0n

an0n Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    So in other words, google just MADE: 99.78 and gave him : .22

lol schweeeet@!

Well someone has to pay for that 900million dollar deal they just made, right.
    Might as well be the advertisers.

an0n, Aug 16, 2006 IP
  11. Google

Google Peon

Best Answers:
    basically, Google decides if clicks from your site have worked for the advertiser or not.
    If your clicks work (in Google's opinion) then you get approaching what the advertiser pays Google (less Google's rake-off). If Google feels your clicks haven't resulted in a sale or whatever for the advertiser, then the advertiser will get a discount on those clicks, paid for out of your earnings.

Go to google.adwords.com and do a search on smart pricing for more info.

Google, Aug 16, 2006 IP
  12. Google

Google Peon

Best Answers:
    Google is basically honest, though not transparent when it comes to dealing with advertisers..After all they are the bread winners for Google. I know of webmasters who have indeed made such high value clicks., since their website was the authority on the niche..

Google, Aug 16, 2006 IP