1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

What the newbies don't know - PR

Discussion in 'Google' started by surva8, Oct 19, 2009.

I've been a DP member for 9 months now in which I learned a lot about PR and have purchased several PR6 domains. I'd like to think of myself as being knowledgeable about SEO but most of my focus has been on PR so I guess I'm a newb?
    With news that PR has been dropped there are a ton of comments saying, "I told you PR wasn't important" and "only newbs payed attention to PR". So my question is what do the "experts" focus on the most that we newbs don't know about? Please don't say "good quality content"... I'm asking the experts. Is traffic a big factor? Or having a website with over 10,000 indexed pages? Thanks.

surva8, Oct 19, 2009 IP
  2. tornado!

tornado! Active Member

Best Answers:
    Just because PR is not displayed in webmaster tools does not mean that PR has died.

Google created some buzz by removing it from webmaster tools is all. With the caffeine news dying out, they needed something else buzzworthy. Those that talk about PR's death are doing nothing more then propagating Google's wishes.

When you start seeing PR 0 links selling for $100 a month in the link sales section, then you know PR has died! :D

tornado!, Oct 19, 2009 IP
    theapparatus likes this.
  3. LordOfTheRing

LordOfTheRing Active Member

Best Answers:
    selecting proper target keyword is main factor and also page structure is important, I am not expert but i learn this during last year of my blogging.

LordOfTheRing, Oct 19, 2009 IP
  4. mahan_eesh

mahan_eesh Active Member

Best Answers:
    Well most of the Experts (as you call) Majorly don't mostly worry much about PR as they know it'll change as per google (coz they would have experienced that) and they majorly concentrate on updating Content and getting back links. PR is automatically updated :)

mahan_eesh, Oct 19, 2009 IP
  5. poshswinger

poshswinger Active Member

Best Answers:
    Strongly agreed. PR has its value to be there and acts as a good indicator for us to value a website or domain.

poshswinger, Oct 19, 2009 IP
  6. abraxas

abraxas Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Those who really care about PR are the ones that buy and sell links, as they consider it a good measure for the price and particular link worth.
    Actually it is only a part of it all. For example not much sense to byu high PR links, unless they are related... But on the other hand if you buy high PR links to a site with the only revenue idea to sell links it works I guess.

If you are looking for genuine results..I mean affiliate sales, or sales of your own product PR should be nothing for you - the important things are traffic, hence the sales you make :)
    Hope it will be a good-sales winter, although it did nbot started as such...

abraxas, Oct 19, 2009 IP
  7. Jim4767

Jim4767 Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Back to the OP's original question: I focus on putting fresh, unique content on the internet, being sure to include keywords that people are searching for.

Jim4767, Oct 19, 2009 IP
  8. ROOFIS

ROOFIS Well-Known Member

Best Answers:

Traffic is the only factor :) without it you can't acquire leads and pay per click revenue. The reason webmasters focus on Page Rank is in the hope of acquiring it and thus may lead to better positioning for a particular keyword in googles search engine results pages. (SERP's)

Also having many pages helps for search engine bait ie getting indexed for many (and most probable) low competitive keywords with some residual traffic. All SEO individuals or companies focus on these key variables to create web traffic which via the numbers game converts to revenue. :)

ROOFIS

ROOFIS, Oct 19, 2009 IP
  9. angilina

angilina Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I am not a expert, but I just wanted to say that: PR is one of the 200+ factors that Google considers while ranking a site in SERPs. PR is a factor but it is not everything. If a person only focus on PR, then that is not good.

Solid backlinks help a site to rank higher: and they also help to increase PR. So my suggestion is to try to get solid/trusted backlinks which will help in ranking plus PR.

"Please don't say "good quality content""

Actually, excellent content can do everything for a site. Excellent content will attract natural backlinks: which will help to increase ranking plus the PR. Excellent content can help a lot.

angilina, Oct 19, 2009 IP
  10. Barre Tire

Barre Tire Peon

Best Answers:
    Angilina. I was just typing a post and decided to delete it because you covered what i was going to say. Hey look I just saved some bandwidth LOL

Barre Tire, Oct 19, 2009 IP
  11. Barre Tire

Barre Tire Peon

Best Answers:
    Actually there is one more thing to add.

Yes Strong backlinks can bring Strong PR but not neccesarily traffic
    BUT Strong content brings Strong traffic

Without traffic to your site you have nothing. Sure you can sell links on your high pr site that has no content but how many links can you sell? And how much gain will this give you? Can you sustain? If you are just looking to make a few bucks and cover your costs then I guess this would be fine, However if you are looking to exceed to a level of making serious money on the internet then you need to rethink that philosphy. With good content and good backlinks you will suceed.

Barre Tire, Oct 19, 2009 IP
  12. lightlysalted

lightlysalted Active Member

Best Answers:
    I just focus on writing content that people want to read.

lightlysalted, Oct 19, 2009 IP
  13. Patricianian

Patricianian Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Agree with most of the above posts, just wanted to add one more thing:
    Build your website for your visitors in the main place and focus on what is really helpful for them.. then PR will simply follow ;)

Patricianian, Oct 19, 2009 IP
  14. SearchBliss

SearchBliss Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Experts focus on their sites positions being high in the SERP's - everything it takes to get them there and keep them there. Equally as important is keeping their visitors on the sites and returning frequently.

SearchBliss, Oct 19, 2009 IP
  15. urbanfrugalchic

urbanfrugalchic Peon

Best Answers:
    Page rank is only half the battle. But as new bloggers we become obsessed with it. Our focus should really be on providing quality content, and the page rank, links and every thing else will follow.

urbanfrugalchic, Oct 19, 2009 IP
  16. BizDetail

BizDetail Peon

Best Answers:
    Amen, brother. No matter how much you tell them, they don't want to hear it.

BizDetail, Oct 19, 2009 IP
  17. Grobbulus

Grobbulus Peon

Best Answers:
    Same here. Quality content is the key here.

Grobbulus, Oct 19, 2009 IP
  18. jdn605

jdn605 Member

Best Answers:
    how about getting lots of traffic and stomping the pants off people that don't know what their doing.... thats what the experts do.. ;)

jdn605, Oct 19, 2009 IP
  19. ninzy

ninzy Peon

Best Answers:
    Yeah this idea is one of the most effective way... Cos when you are writing articles,
    note: fresh and unique articles,
    then you there would be a greater chance for the readers to read on it..
    In that way the credibility of the writer would give points to the reader..

ninzy, Oct 20, 2009 IP
  20. wow accounts

wow accounts Peon

Best Answers:
    Those are interested in PR buy and sell links, they a good measure for link worth.

wow accounts, Oct 20, 2009 IP