1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How to find the profitable niches?

Discussion in 'Commission Junction' started by miis1771, Oct 16, 2009.

Hi all,
    I am totally new in cj. I want to learn that how to find profitable niches?
    I read so many articles and ebooks about cj and affiliate marketing but I am not understanding how to find niches that are really demandable and profitable.

Can anyone help me to inform about profitable niches or can tell some niches.

Thanks

miis1771, Oct 16, 2009 IP
  2. ManMadeMarketing

ManMadeMarketing Peon

Best Answers:
    Not sure what the ebooks told you, but I would try and start something up that you have some knowledge on, and that you would actually enjoy working on. Then you can write some informative articles, and maybe have a blog/twitter/facebook etc. and give updates.

What are you trying to start up? Selling products, services, information.......... etc. Start to narrow it down and you will find your own niche.

ManMadeMarketing, Oct 16, 2009 IP
  3. 5starAffiliates

5starAffiliates Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Hi miis1771,

Smart affiliates won't give you good niches on a forum because that would just create more competition for themselves.

The key to finding a good niche when you are a newbie is to find one that everyone else isn't already focusing on and isn't too competitive. Yet it needs to be one where there is some demand and interest.

Start as ManMadeMarketing suggested with something that you have some knowledge about or preferably something you are passionate about. Then you need to do keyword research to find out if there is demand/interest and how competitive the market is.

If you Google "How to do Niche Keyword Research" you can probably find some helpful tips about how to do it.

5starAffiliates, Oct 16, 2009 IP
  4. chris00129

chris00129 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Hey There,

Truthfully I think every niche is a good one. If you thought about it there is a good change so did some others. Consider starting one up and see where it goes.

chris00129, Oct 19, 2009 IP
  5. zeekstern

zeekstern Active Member

Best Answers:
    The easiest way to start and gain experience is to find a niche where you are solving a problem, as opposed to selling the latest hottest gadget.

zeekstern, Oct 19, 2009 IP
  6. Joeseph

Joeseph Active Member

Best Answers:
    You all have hit it on the nose but I have also found almost everything is profitable if you are creative about how you promote it. Look at the new advertisers and work on them its really a leaning game. If you have the drive you will make money from it.:)

Joeseph, Oct 19, 2009 IP
  7. davewashere

davewashere Active Member

Best Answers:
    This is some great advice. You can spend all of your time trying to sell high profit margin products and services you don't know anything about, but chances are your competition will be high and your conversion rates will be low. You'll get bored and abandon the whole thing after a few months. Alternatively, you can find a niche that you enjoy and just write about it constantly. You'll be creating lots of fresh content and you'll discover all sorts of ways to monetize that content as you progress.

My tip: think about your hobbies and choose to focus on one that you don't share with many other people. For instance, video games are well-covered territory; chances are you will not be able to create a video game site/blog that gets much traction considering all the high-level competition out there. Instead choose an off-beat hobby that you might enjoy, like coin collecting or furniture making. Use Google to find other sites that focus on this niche. If you have trouble finding a lot of information, that's the niche you want.

Think about the content YOU can provide first, and the products and services you can sell second. Doing it the other way around will usually lead to failure.

davewashere, Oct 19, 2009 IP
  8. 5starAffiliates

5starAffiliates Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I agree with Dave!

Also Google things like: How to pick your 1st affiliate niche or How to find your 1st niche and you'll find some good blog posts and other info. There is one blog post I read that had a title something like that, that was really good and showed you how to do an inventory of your knowledge and interests to come up with good niches. I'll try to find it for you.

5starAffiliates, Oct 19, 2009 IP
  9. TonyDeV

TonyDeV Peon

Best Answers:
    Great advice, very common sense yet revealing!

TonyDeV, Oct 28, 2009 IP
  10. miis1771

miis1771 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Thanks all of u for the advices

miis1771, Oct 29, 2009 IP