1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

twitter traffic - Why are people so....

Discussion in 'Twitter' started by pro.seods, Oct 19, 2009.

hey,

I have heard many people saying I get this much traffic daily from twitter, or I got these many people from twitter. But how do they achieve it?

I have tried a lot for my sites but I haven't got 1 guy from it. I even have some 800 followers but guess what, still no result. What is the strategy people opt to get traffic, that many people are achieving from twitter daily?

Are you guyz willing to share some of the secrets?

Last edited: Oct 19, 2009
    pro.seods, Oct 19, 2009 IP
  2. Pinoguin

Pinoguin Peon

Best Answers:
    *subscribing*

I'm curious myself =/ twitter is still a mystery to me, I don't find it much useful or even see the point of twitting. . .

Pinoguin, Oct 19, 2009 IP
  3. mab

mab Active Member

Best Answers:
    I believe that you need to follow the people who really use twitter and they have to follow you back, i mean anyone who really reads the tweets from their followers. If you just follow people who are using the service for marketing purposes then you will get nothing because simply they will drop SPAMMY links and that's it. the key is in the followers. You need to build a good audience and it's not that easy. Good luck!

mab, Oct 19, 2009 IP
  4. ResaleBroker

ResaleBroker Active Member

Best Answers:
    IMO, content is king on Twitter the same way it is everywhere else. When the content you tweet is the content others want they will follow you on Twitter and visit your website for more.

ResaleBroker, Oct 19, 2009 IP
  5. sontion

sontion Peon

Best Answers:
    you need to love twitter to benefit out of it. talk to your followers. dont just promote your blog. help them out. it takes time, but once you achieve that. then a single tweet gets you hundreds of clicks. your followers RT it. and then it becomes huge.

Good luck.

sontion, Oct 19, 2009 IP
  6. marrya

marrya Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    twitter need time and you can earn as much you want just need some time to learn it

marrya, Oct 19, 2009 IP
  7. untreatableonline

untreatableonline Peon

Best Answers:
    I guess the basic is you need a tweet that is going to generate attention. One of the big problems on twitter is it seems that a high percentage of messages sound exactly the same. If you have a post on a topic that is flying in twitter the payoff can be pretty spectacular.

untreatableonline, Oct 19, 2009 IP
  8. pro.seods

pro.seods Peon

Best Answers:
    Lets wait and watch what people have for us.

Well, how can one know that. There are like million people using it. You normally just add people in your list randomly and then expect a return favor. Don't you think so? Cause I only see people posting one thing" Check this out blah blah blah and a bit.ly link in the end"

I believe they only promote their stuff which no one sees.

What so you mean by content here? We only have like 50-100 characters to play with. You mean we should come up with a tagline or something?

Well, yeah just like facebook. You visit it cause you want to. Not to promote your site but to chat with your friends and all. I really doubt a single click achieving 100 tweets. People update their status like 100 times a day. And what they get, a mere 20-30 visits to their sites. The ROI really sucks for me.

Well, you are right. It needs time. You need to understand the purpose of it. try out innovative ways and see what people have to share. But again, you need to know the basics before trying to catch a bird, eh?

How many tweets do we have to make? 1 tweets gets lost like in 5 mins in all those 1000+ tweets you get a day. It's impossible, don't you think so?

9. ResaleBroker

ResaleBroker Active Member

Best Answers:
    Content... what you tweet about. IF your posts on Twitter are about "X" then it stands to reason that others on Twitter who are interested in "X" who find your posts of interest will likely follow you and/or visit the origin of your posts (ie; your website, blog, etc.). This is a matter of "Self-Interest".

ResaleBroker, Oct 19, 2009 IP
  10. World Class

World Class Peon

Best Answers:
    You won't believe a fact, I have my site connected with twitter a forum, whenever something content is post or thread it goes to twitter automatically, I had 0 Followers and day by day it started increasing, There were 35 Before and around whenver news was posted 20-30 Visits immediate through Twitter, Now have 200+ followers and around 80-100 guest come immediate, Though they are really shit visitors. None of them register ratio between traffic and register is 100:1

World Class, Oct 19, 2009 IP
  11. JohnGuanzon

JohnGuanzon Peon

Best Answers:
    I have noticed a correlation between my use of twitter and an increase of followers. I think it's rather simple use twitter to chat with people and be real instead of posting links all the time and the followers will come.

JohnGuanzon, Oct 19, 2009 IP
  12. TheMadBlackHatter

TheMadBlackHatter Peon

Best Answers:
    A MASSIVE mistake people make when using Twitter to promote their websites is following a ton of people and expecting instant results. Another key part of this method is making sure you TARGET the people you're following. Consider Tweeting trendy topics with links to something related (on your website). Also think about keywords and location. WHAT are they interested in? If you figure that out, provide them with what they're wanting. Do this and you'll be successful with Twitter.

TheMadBlackHatter, Oct 19, 2009 IP
  13. youproblog

youproblog Guest

Best Answers:
    I've posted a tutorial on how to do it on my website, check my homepage. Unfortunately i'm not allowed to put a direct link here, or i'll get accused for being a spammer. I hope my video will help you

youproblog, Oct 19, 2009 IP
  14. pro.seods

pro.seods Peon

Best Answers:
    ^ And how do you suppose we see that?

15. TheMadBlackHatter

TheMadBlackHatter Peon

Best Answers:
    That's because you are a spammer.

Simple. You don't. His little website is just a billboard of affiliate links tailored to look like a legitimate blog.

TheMadBlackHatter, Oct 19, 2009 IP