1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Need a new Website Administrator

Discussion in 'Site & Server Administration' started by Jake Howard, Oct 18, 2009.

G'day All

I have been told today, that the company who currently hosts, designs and manages our company websites will no longer be offering the service come April 2010, so we need to try and find someone else.

Our organisation doesnt have an IT department, so although we update the sites daily, they are actually hosted/managed by this external company, who basically handle everything from support, to email configuration, to web design and site upgrades etc.

Anyway, I am trying to work out what sort of companies we should be looking at. I think what we are after is probably going to be too much for an individual, but at the same time, because we are only a relatively smally organisation, it is probably going to be too expensive for us to go with a large commercial company.

The websites that we currently manage include:

www.australianracingboard.com.au
    www.atrec.com.au

Any advice would be much appreciated as I am not quite sure where to start.

Jake Howard, Oct 18, 2009 IP
  2. clade

clade Peon

Best Answers:
    Quick and easy -> Odesk.com

clade, Oct 18, 2009 IP
  3. HostColor

HostColor Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    i would add that it is a good idea to post the list of requirements you have and to tell the forum members what the one or the company that would get the job is expected to do.

HostColor, Oct 19, 2009 IP
  4. cpace1983

cpace1983 Peon

Best Answers:
    If the work is too much for one individual, why not split up the workload? Why not hire 2 admins, 1 for each server, if there is that much work to be done daily. How many hours/month do you use your support team for? Is there any way to in-house some of that support? Do you have a tech savvy user on your staff?

cpace1983, Oct 19, 2009 IP