1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Looking for a native english writer to write a wikipedia article for me.

Discussion in 'Content Creation' started by Foxtrot_, Oct 18, 2009.

I need a very proficient english native writer to write up a wikipedia article for my client

I'll provide his background and the photos, I'd love the writer to be very fluent have a powerful command of the english language.

I'm not looking for some shoddy work because my client is some teenage celebrity so it has to be a a very professional piece of work.

Choice of writers: Preferably from England. Need to have at least an A level cert with Grade A in GP.

My budget is around $100.
    Please post your offers.

Foxtrot_, Oct 18, 2009 IP
  2. sarah_harvey

sarah_harvey Active Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Okay this is funny... here in England (UK) you get your A Levels, but what the hell is GP? Do you mean someone should have a doctoral degree since that is what I am assuming you are referring to. Otherwise I have no idea.

There is general studies, but nothing that refers to GP.

Would absolutely love more clarity on this issue.

sarah_harvey, Oct 18, 2009 IP
  3. Foxtrot_

Foxtrot_ Banned

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 3
    I'm from England too lmao
    Don't you know what GP is?
    General Paper.

4. sarah_harvey

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    lol...you are referring to General Studies. Gosh.

You obviously know what the term 'GP' stands for in normal circumstances right?

A 'General Practictioner.'

By the way if you are from England then you can write English and therefore it should be easy. Also never assume that people should understand your lingo. In University or School people may refer to it as GP but for the rest of society it refers to something entirely different. It also depends on where you go to school or what education/college you attend, but it will mean something entirely different somewhere else once again. It helps to explain things as best as you can for people that do not know what it means.

Also I assume you are aware that just because you have a teenage celebrity on your hands that it doesn't mean jack s**t to Wikipedia. I should know and most people that have tried to use the Wiki to advertise themselves or a website, has had it deleted faster than they can say 'What Happened?'

It depends on Wikipedia if the article will be accepted. It should be presented as facts and not fictional in any tone and it shoudn't be your own personal views either.

Last edited: Oct 18, 2009
  5. Foxtrot_

Foxtrot_ Banned

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 3
    It doesn't matter.
    I study General Paper not General Studies lol.
    If you think you can take up the job, let me know.

6. sarah_harvey

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    I guess you are doing your A Levels then? Also from your second last sentence it should be, 'I'm studying General Paper' (Present Tense) or 'I studied General Paper' (Past Tense).

I could easily take this job, but knowing how strict Wikipedia are with their rules, I'd say it will be money wasted.

Who is the teenage celebrity and what did they do that has contributed to anything of significance that has been mentioned in the media (not on a website)?

7. Foxtrot_

Foxtrot_ Banned

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 3
    I tried to pm you my email address but you blocked.

Umm..can you pm me your msn so we can discuss this offsite?

I don't really wish to discuss my client's personal stuff over here.

Sarah, basically your job is to write a life biography of my client.

He is a teenage icon over in his country.

Google Leon Nortwizki and Ming Bridges.

I'd like the writer to write up two wikipedia biographies for these two singers.

8. sarah_harvey

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Hi there,

I checked and there is nothing good about Leon, and google only shows just over 300 searches and most of them have nothing to do with the person you mentioned. There is something about the guy doing piano covers...not sure if it is him, but in the long run there is nothing worthwhile that would be of any relevance to Wikipedia.

The girl, well there is very little to say about her and there is one or two things you can mention about her on Wikipedia, but you can't do a full article as there is nothing else to her name that she has done that is of any significance. Because there are only two things you can mention about her, Wikipedia will most likely delete it or just ask for more details that you won't be able to provide.

9. Foxtrot_

Foxtrot_ Banned

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 3
    Hmm..look I'm looking for an article writer, someone who can do this job.
    If you don't wish to do it, you could have just said instead of bitching around.

Foxtrot_, Oct 19, 2009 IP
  10. sarah_harvey

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    No one is bitching around. You don't like the truth then take it somewhere else. Or do you want me to write the two articles for you and take the $100 and then silently laugh when it doesn't get anywhere or just gets deleted.

Before you 'think' you know what you are talking about, how about asking Ming why her Wikipedia entry was already deleted? Don't be such a fool that you didn't check this out already. Go ask the editor that deleted her entry why they found it irrelevant in the first place.

I am trying to save you some money here. Don't waste it on something that won't happen. But on the other hand if you are making money off them by offering this service, then you are shooting yourself in the foot by offering something like that. Or is it the fact that by getting someone else to write it for you that the poor writer will get into trouble and you simply disappear with the money?

No, here I am the one that is right. You don't like it when people tell you the truth but you need to face up to the real world.

I would be more than happy to make an extra $100 for writing a Wikipedia entry, but at what cost will it be when the simple fact remains that they might delete it?

sarah_harvey, Oct 19, 2009 IP
    xInd likes this.
  11. sarah20xoxo

sarah20xoxo Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Wow, so anyway... my name is Sarah and I'm a totally different person than this other Sarah. Yes I know, coincidence. Anyway, if you give me the information about these people (enough for me to put on a wikipedia), then I can do the job. All I do is submit it to you and you pay, right? This other person is talking about how it may be deleted or whatever. That would have nothing to do with my work, so you would pay upon receipt of my wikipedia content. I'm not in England, I'm in the U.S and I can communicate just fine and write quality content.

I agree this other person was being rude by cursing in their reply to you. If they didn't want the job they could just find some other post, but I assume they have some other issues and they wanted to take their frustrations out on you.
    Let me know if you still need this done.

Last edited: Oct 19, 2009
    sarah20xoxo, Oct 19, 2009 IP
  12. Foxtrot_

Foxtrot_ Banned

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 3
    Look I post this thread asking for writers who feel they can take up this job not for people like you who spoil my thread and bitch about this whole job.

If you don't like it, then go away. Seriously, I don't need you. I don't need you to tell me what to do. I'm offering this to people who are capable to do it. I know you're just incompetent. I don't need to hear your bullshit.

Oh and I can also sue you for slander.
    What do you mean by taking the articles and run away huh?
    Did I ever say that?
    I'm even willing to pay upfront first for your information, it's just that those writers run away after taking my money so kindly please watch your words.

You are really being irrational haha.
    Your entire post make me laughed so hard.
    I know I know you're a Geordie.
    Take your geordieness somewhere else ok?

Thanks if only someone can learn how to be like you.
    What's your email?
    I'll email you the details.

Foxtrot_, Oct 19, 2009 IP
  13. xInd

xInd Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    As Seller:
    100% - 15
    As Buyer:
    100% - 1
    Hey Foxtrot. Sarah Harvey means no harm, and it's too bad you're taking offense to it, as that only feeds the problem, risking turning your thread into a mess by accident. Been there done that myself. I've also been there done that where taking on a job where I didn't truly believe it would be successful for the client have undesirable consequences, so I understand where she is coming from. I also know, that even some of the most intelligent people on this planet (and who knows maybe beyond that too) with the best possible intentions in mind, still don't act/speak perfectly 100% of the time, and people have differences in opinion where one may think something is offensive or rude when another does not. I also have either contracted her for writing in the past, or read enough of her posts, that I know she is a very competent writer.

Having said all that, I am a published writer, sit on the board of directors of my own company and have very skilled writers working for me, some from the UK. I would be happy to help you out with this, but might not be able to start it until tomorrow as I'm currently experiencing a minor backlog with a sale that got more orders than expected in a short time.
    If it isn't a rush order, I'd be happy to take it on, and do my best, along with the help of my team, to get it accepted in Wiki.

xInd, Oct 19, 2009 IP
  14. sarah_harvey

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Foxtrot I meant no harm, but Urbanweb is a great person to deal with.

Beyond that, I am not a Geordie. No matter how much you would love that, I am afraid I would have to disappoint you on that fact.

Good luck!

sarah_harvey, Oct 23, 2009 IP