1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Has Google snuck in a new KW url destination change?

Discussion in 'Google AdWords' started by Avo19, May 25, 2009.

At first I thought was only me, but have been speaking to others today who are also having same issue and getting ads disapproved, followed by an email from google saying "Keyword Issue(s): Inaccurate Keyword URL"

Basically it goes like this:
    I'm use a stats tracking package on my domain.

So the display url is:
    www.mydomain.com

The ads destination url is:
    http://mydomain.com/varying-pages.html

The kw destination url is
    http://mydomain.com/process_stuff.php?kw=keyword&other_variables

The kw destination url always sends the visitor to the destination as shown in the ad destination url. Yet all my ads are getting disapproved for "Inaccurate Keyword URL"

The only reference I could see under their disapproval link was "Where you have keyword URLs, these are considered to be your destination URLs, and the display URL must accurately reflect them."

This just doesn't make sense me.

If my ads destination url is mydomain.com/page1.html & the keyword destination link, after server side processing resolves to mydomain.com/page1.html, what's the problem?

I'm hoping this is just a Goofle stuff up on the AW ad algo. If not, this basically screws any off site tracking &/or internal server processing before redirecting to lander.

Avo19, May 25, 2009 IP
  2. Avo19

Avo19 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    so no-one other than myself & several others seeing this?

Avo19, May 25, 2009 IP
  3. Khan12

Khan12 Peon

Best Answers:
    Hi,

Same problem here for me and also another friend:
    ads or keywords disapproved for "Inaccurate Keyword URL", but in fact the url is correct. I requested information about the problem to the support.

Khan12, May 25, 2009 IP
  4. ElusiveStudios

ElusiveStudios Peon

Best Answers:
    I'm a bit confused, and I could be completely on the wrong track here.. but do you need to set Google up to access member protected pages? Cause if you need to be logged in to view content, then the Google spider can't crawl the page to determine keywords and so on.

Just a possibility.

ElusiveStudios, May 25, 2009 IP
  5. Avo19

Avo19 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    In the cases I know of, including my own there are no "protected" pages. These are normal landers.

Avo19, May 25, 2009 IP
  6. enginez

enginez Peon

Best Answers:
    Do you have any paused ads that have a different Display URL, ie anotherdomain.com??

We got caught for this. Even though paused ads cannot be disapproved, Google seems to be counting them when looking for Inaccurate Keyword URL.

enginez, May 26, 2009 IP
  7. Avo19

Avo19 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Nope, everything is as it should be. Thankfully no probs with MSN or Yahoo. Time to give G the full flick I think....sick of their incompetence and arbitrary rulings.

Avo19, May 26, 2009 IP
  8. Khan12

Khan12 Peon

Best Answers:
    Hello,

I received a reply from adwords. I have to put out that I work with adwords as an affiliate, so all my ads are as follows:

The display url is:
    www.product.com

The ads destination url is:
    http://affiliate.vendor.hop.clickbank.net

The kw destination url is:
    http://affiliate.vendor.hop.clickbank.net/?tid=123

The destination url is redirected to the website of the vendor, ie www.product.com.
    Their response is that the reason for disapproval is the presence of the hoplink redirected on the site of the vendor.
    I have already sent reply to ask if it is still possible for affiliates to place ads, because the input mode of my affiliate ads is always the case.

Now I want to seek advice for those using adwords to sell Clickbank products through direct linking.

However, I dont think that the answer to this problem is the presence of hoplink redirected, as the destination url actually coincides with the display url, but mainly because in the case of Avo19 there is no hoplink and thus no redirection.
    Avo19, I would ask if you have already tried to contact support.

Khan12, May 26, 2009 IP
  9. Avo19

Avo19 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    In the format you have, your ad will always be denied. The display url & destination url "must" have the same tld as written. You cannot have a redirect on another domain to the display url *in the Ad destination field*. However you could, until the other day have a redirect *in the kw destination url*. eg. If you were using an external tracking package, this is were you would place the link to it

This was how the rules worked, and should still work, except they don't appear to at the moment.

Example
    The kw destination url could be any url, as long as the final lander had the same tld as in the Ad's display & destination url.

BTW, IMO better to cloak your hoplink. AW's can be anal sometimes about affiliate links. Set up a page on your domain that redirects to the hoplink.

i.e. keyword destination: url myowndomain.com/product.php => redirects to http://affiliate.vendor.hop.clickbank.net/?tid=123

This method has the added benefit of allowing you to to do further server side processing such as tracking, DMR etc etc

Avo19, May 26, 2009 IP
  10. Khan12

Khan12 Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks for the reply,
    I'm not sure that I understood it all, meanwhile I can say is that for nearly two years that I put the display url + Clickbank hoplink and has always gone well.
    And is not yet clear why adwords also has disapproved your ad.
    I was beginning to think of an erroneous detection by the system.

Khan12, May 26, 2009 IP
  11. sputnik17

sputnik17 Peon

Best Answers:
    Avo,

Have you been able to solve the problem with the disapproved keyword URLs?
    I am asking because I am having the exact same problem recently.
    It has worked for years to have
    * www.clickbank-product.com as Display URL
    * affiliate.vendor.hop.clickbank.net as Ad Destiation URL
    * affiliate.vendor.hop.clickbank.net?tid=56788 as Keyword Destination URL.

Now I am getting 30-50 disapprovals each day from campaigns that have literally been running for years.

Can this be solved my changing the Ad Destination URL to www.clickbank-product.com ?

This is not just a Clickbank or Direct Linking affiliate problem.
    Anyone using external tracking (not on the same domain as the landing page)
    will be affected by this.

Stefan

sputnik17, Oct 19, 2009 IP