1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Article Writing VS PPC

Discussion in 'ClickBank' started by Semipro, Oct 19, 2009.

In your opinion, which is more affective/time worthy. Article Writing or Adwords PPC? Or maybe both? ( Assuming you have some money to invest )

If you were to advertise a new product, which would you go with? :)

Semipro, Oct 19, 2009 IP
  2. onlinemoniez

onlinemoniez Peon

Best Answers:
    If you're writing articles full-time, you quickly find out that doing so will suck your soul from your body. Having been a hardcore article marketer, I can tell you that making the move to PPC was a dream come true. It's a fraction of the work, and far more fun, in my opinion. I was outsourcing my articles when I wasn't making that much money with PPC. Once I started making bank, however, I quit article marketing altogether. Will I ever go back? Not unless I have to (or for list building). And I hope I never have to.

onlinemoniez, Oct 19, 2009 IP
  3. antisatanic

antisatanic Peon

Best Answers:
    I have researched on the net and have found out that both are equally good. With PPC you can get immediate result but with article marketing it takes time. However, with PPC you need some knowledge otherwise you may end up losing money.

antisatanic, Oct 19, 2009 IP
  4. onlinemoniez

onlinemoniez Peon

Best Answers:
    I wrote 6,000 words a day for a year straight. I WORKED for my money. Now I do keyword research, click, watch and analyze. Do they both work? YES. And you're right, if you don't know what you're doing, you will lose money, and a lot of it if you're not careful. Article marketing is slavery, but is necessary until you save enough money to get some campaigns running. Article marketing and PPC are two different animals. I would never compare them.

5. Semipro

Semipro Peon

Best Answers:
    Thank you for the informative post. May I ask how you specifically found success with PPC? I'm not talking about niche specific or nothing. I just want to understand the concept of maximizing the potential of AdWords.

Semipro, Oct 19, 2009 IP
  6. onlinemoniez

onlinemoniez Peon

Best Answers:
    One thing article marketing WILL do is introduce you to keywords. That is, you determine the saturation of a keyword and write an article around it. In short, you learn a lot about keywords and how they work. This is obviously integral to being successful with PPC. So first, if you want to see success, do your keyword research, and a lot of it. With that being said, there is no ONE way to maximize the potential of Adwords. Determine your niche (find something that isn't too saturated so you can get cheaper clicks) and TEST TEST TEST. In all likely hood, you are not going to be profitable the first time around, or the first few times around for that matter. There is a learning curve, and it can hurt the bank. Just make sure that you stay within your budget, and don't expect that you will be profitable right off the bat. The vast majority of people are not. Just persevere and keep at it. This is the biggest piece of advice I can give you. Adwords has unlimited potential. Your willingness to persevere is the only barrier between you and the ONLINEMONIEZ! TEST TEST TEST TEST TEST!

7. vivekguptaseo

vivekguptaseo Peon

Best Answers:
    If you have new domain , and you are interested in investment then the PPC is the best option, otherwise Article marketing will be good as there is less money needed for this and it fulfills the long term benefit of your site.

vivekguptaseo, Oct 19, 2009 IP
  8. waxman1000

waxman1000 Peon

Best Answers:
    I've noticed one thing in this forum which really drives me crazy. Because the first guy talked positively about PPC every other person commenting here talk positively about it. Article marketing is king. It is not slavery if you know how to do it.

Do You Know About These 2 words: Software and Outsourcing ? They can help you take out the slavery in article marketing.

I laugh when i still see articles I wrote 2 years ago bringing sales today! Niches I have forgotten i ever went into. Can you do that with PPC?

Last edited: Oct 19, 2009
    waxman1000, Oct 19, 2009 IP
    antisatanic likes this.
  9. Thedoper

Thedoper Peon

Best Answers:
    hey

I think the ideal is to do both if you set up your ppc campaigns and you turn it off no more traffic for you. but with article marketing you get long term traffic and build many links to your site that can build up a nice taffic source. the best is to have a equil income of traffic from ppc, seo and articles for best results.

you can get thosands of ppc clicks but the product may not convert and you wasted lots of cash. so like that dude said above testing is essential...ppc is done right you could make so much cash in a short time but you will have a cost..with article marking your cost is your time and is so much slower and can become frustrating.
    so i would do both

goodluck

Thedoper, Oct 19, 2009 IP
  10. onlinemoniez

onlinemoniez Peon

Best Answers:
    I didn't say article marketing does not work. When I was writing, I was averaging 200 a day, with some 3-400 dollar days. As far as software goes, are you talking about spinners? I never used them, nor would I recommend that anyone does. I almost consider it cheating in the article marketing world. Besides, the directories are really cracking down on spun content. As far as outsourcing goes, I didn't use them because 1) I couldn't find anyone who could actually write well who didn't figure out that they should write for themselves 2) It cuts into profits.

I too have old articles that still generate sales every day. I WOULD NOT say that article marketing is KING,however. Let me ask you something. Do you have ultimate control over your articles? No, the directory does. What if something happens and the directory is no longer, or if they ban and delete your articles for some reason? No more auto sales for you.

Article marketing obviously has its place. It DOES generate money, so it's a great place to start your career. I know it's where I started mine. The truth remains, though, (at least for me) that I do 1% of the work with PPC that I did with article marketing, and my profits are exponentially higher. Is this going to be the case for everyone? Of course not.

Article marketing is great, but most people eventually move away from it because it's labor intensive (unless you are continually outsourcing).

11. NainaPriyanka

NainaPriyanka Peon

Best Answers:
    Article Marketing is best if you don't have money;
    But...

If you have money and you can test and test, PPC is a Miracle :)

NainaPriyanka, Oct 19, 2009 IP
  12. Mmbillionaire

Mmbillionaire Peon

Best Answers:
    I am not sure if I ever know of anyone who makes a 7 figures a year from article marketing.. but i have def seen many guys who make 7 figures a year doing ppc. I am friends with 2 and I have learnt a great deal. You do need to know what you are doing in PPC or else you will end up broke. But once you learn it, it becomes a fun game. A lot more money can be made faster than article marketing and you can basically see the results the same day. I have not done much article marketing as I don't have much time to do it either. But ppc is another game and if you know how to play it well you can make hefty profits or atleast enough to quit your job within months.

Mmbillionaire, Oct 19, 2009 IP
  13. mlord10

mlord10 Peon

Best Answers:
    I am currently doing article marketing, not because I do not think PPC could work, I am just so comfortable with article marketing that I just haven't had the guts to step into the ppc realm. Plus, I have calculated how much I can make writing articles per/hour by projecting my future earnings based on past results. It is a very good hourly wage, but I do want to get involved in ppc fairly soon.

mlord10, Oct 22, 2009 IP
  14. sinshe

sinshe Active Member

Best Answers:
    i use both of them, and it work fine for me

sinshe, Oct 22, 2009 IP
  15. rjd1265

rjd1265 Active Member

Best Answers:
    i did both until i lost my ass on PPC. Thing is i could not afford to do all the analytics for my campaings before my money ran out.

It like one of those things "I know how to do it but i just cant afford it". You have to spend money to test and with no money it is hard. I just write 6 articles a day...3 for 2 seprate niches. For me that is easy. Once money comes in more and more i will have it outsourced.

rjd1265, Oct 22, 2009 IP
  16. mcdwgbiz

mcdwgbiz Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    for poor people like me Article writing:D

mcdwgbiz, Oct 23, 2009 IP