1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Will swapping CMS's or Blog Software affect my SERP?

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by timosai, Oct 18, 2009.

I'm thinking of moving my wordpress blog over to squarespace, but i'm concerned about the effect it could have on my SEO/SERP.

Squarespace has the ability to import my entire wordpress db, but i'm wondering if the change google would see in the pages, would affect my SERP desite all the keywords etc being the same?

timosai, Oct 18, 2009 IP
  2. Dan Schulz

Dan Schulz Peon

Best Answers:
    It's definately possible. As long as the internal links and the code structures don't change though, you should be fine.

Dan Schulz, Oct 18, 2009 IP
  3. openmindz

openmindz Active Member

Best Answers:
    Google has a strange love affair with Wordpress. If they heavily favor the linking structure and SEO factors that go into the Wordpress coding it "may" have an effect.

However, ff the Squarespace software imports an exact clone of your WP blog then I don't see why it should affect it any.

openmindz, Oct 19, 2009 IP
  4. Dan Schulz

Dan Schulz Peon

Best Answers:
    Google has no love affair with WordPress whatsoever. It's just that WordPress is well-optimized for the search engines right out of the box (despite having some issues).

Dan Schulz, Oct 19, 2009 IP
  5. ~ServerPoint~

~ServerPoint~ Banned

Best Answers:
    You need to move the content first and then change the nameservers. Only in this case you will have SEO efforst saved

~ServerPoint~, Oct 19, 2009 IP
  6. ShopZipCode

ShopZipCode Peon

Best Answers:
    If you're able to maintain all the links that you made, then there no problem with it.

ShopZipCode, Oct 19, 2009 IP