1. Quickly find sites and domains for sale in the marketplace based on criteria that interests you.

Enter Marketplace
  2. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

pr5 mesothelioma articles site

Discussion in 'Sites' started by avis03, Aug 14, 2006.

Hey, I just recently bought a mesothelioma website www.lungcancer-mesothelioma.info as a pr0 website. I did a lot of permanent link building for it on boards and forums and such for free and currently the domain is predicted to be a pr5 on the next google update. proof... http://www.iwebtool.com/pagerank_prediction go there and enter www.lungcancer-mesotheliona.info and you will see its a predicted 5 pr.

Now, how rare are pr5 mesothelioma websites? Pretty rare. Go go google.com and search mesothelioma, and pull out mesothelioma dedicated info sites like mine which is in the pages 1-3 and you will see that most of those sites are pr4-6 so when lungcancer-mesothelioma.info turns a pr5 on next update, traffic should soar very very high imo and since this is a very well paying keyword(i make about $1.5-$2 per click so far), revenue should soar very rapidly.

Currently there is no traffic and Im not too interested in selling the website but if you can give me a very nice offer, then ofcourse I cant refuse. Please pm only. Thanks.

avis03, Aug 14, 2006 IP
  2. Alis

Alis Peon

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    On as my suggestion , the prediction tool is not 100% working , this site is new ,so need's to be indexd very well needs backlink to get traffic etc in my suggestion dont wait alot of payment...

In advise improve your site by waiting a couple of while and then sell it..

I would pay only the domain price what ever it is ofcourse if the articles are written and not copywriting then , it will increase.. a couple of bux..

Alis, Aug 14, 2006 IP
  3. boxer126

boxer126 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Not sure I'd call 20,000,000+ results rare. You can find a bunch of people selling these types of sites on ebay too.

And, the reason there aren't too many mesothelioma article, made for adsense sites in the top search results, is because they're not "real" mesothelioma sites. Just sites trying to make money.

And finally, "predicted pagerank" doesn't mean much of anything. Pagerank also does not help get traffic. There are plenty of high PR, no traffic domains out there.

Also, the site does not load for me.

I really do wish you luck, but I don't see anyone offering too much for this type of site. Just letting you know.

-boxer126

boxer126, Aug 14, 2006 IP
  4. JasMate

JasMate Active Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 3
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    If you are sure of its "future success" why not just keep it? As it stands the site is not worth anything (or very little) in its current state :(

JasMate, Aug 14, 2006 IP
  5. ScottFish

ScottFish Peon

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Page rank doesnt = traffic

ScottFish, Aug 14, 2006 IP
  6. JasMate

JasMate Active Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 3
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    LOL & Predicted Page Rank = no-thing!!

JasMate, Aug 14, 2006 IP
  7. iPod

iPod Notable Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Sorry mate, but basic things needs to be cleared

Predictions are not always true, I have a three month old site whose prediction always comes out to be 10. Would u like to buyt that site from me in some million dollars? ;)

Secondly high PR doesn't mean lot more traffic or high rankings for google searches. My one month old PR 0 sites has triple the uniques and traffic than what mu PR 4 has :)

And mesothelioma aren't rare keywords. I have three sites on the same thing :D Yes they are high paying keywords, but it's better that you keep the site with you and make it big...Think about selling it after an year of hard work atleast :)

All the very best with your site

iPod, Aug 14, 2006 IP
    WorldImpulse likes this.
  8. WPPJames

WPPJames Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    *If* it reaches PR5 then it might have some value. A higher PR will help in SE positioning. Certainly not the only factor, but it is a plus. Also might be able to sell a few text links strictly for PR value purposes.

But I agree, predicted PR values are meaningless.

WPPJames, Aug 15, 2006 IP
  9. avis03

avis03 Active Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    hey, thank you all for your responses. but the pr predictor link i posted has done pretty well for me in the past and hoping it does the same in the future :)

Also, some people saying that there are 20,000,000 results and my site isnt rare. Thats not what I meant. What I meant was having a mesothelioma site which is a pr5 is rare.

Some people also asking how the traffic will increase because of pr. Well, 80% of the sites on google first-third page results for "mesothelioma" are pr5. and when and if this website turns into a pr5, it should be in the first couple of pages when someone searches mesothelioma on google.

also, some here said that their pr0 gets more traffic from search engines than their pr4s. Well thats because the website topic for the pr0 site is probably pretty rare and the pr4 site is pretty common thats why. But you can check for yourself, that 80% of the results on google for mesothelioma are pr5 so I wouldnt be shocked if this site went to the front pages as well when pr is updated. Alot of people do search this phrase so thats how I think the traffic if site will increase significantly.

Open to all opinions and offers but I just may hang on to it :) Thanks

avis03, Aug 15, 2006 IP
  10. brandnewx

brandnewx Peon

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Seller is way to marketing (rare websites and pr prediction).

brandnewx, Aug 15, 2006 IP
  11. avis03

avis03 Active Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    what do u mean?

avis03, Aug 15, 2006 IP
  12. SkiRat44

SkiRat44 Peon

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    One BIG piece of SEO advice for you....UNIQUE CONTENT GETS TRAFFIC. Copying and pasting from the National Cancer Institute will get you nowhere in the search engines. Best of luck to you on the sale though - you might get someone that is interested.

SkiRat44, Aug 15, 2006 IP
  13. Greg-J

Greg-J I humbly return to you.

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    pagerank != traffic mate ;)

Greg-J, Aug 15, 2006 IP
    WorldImpulse likes this.
  14. SkiRat44

SkiRat44 Peon

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    But the big question, does Duplicate Content = Good PR?

SkiRat44, Aug 15, 2006 IP
  15. avis03

avis03 Active Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Well there are many duplicate sites out there, just look at all those myspace scripts out there. they are all mostly duplicated based on content and they still get pretty high rankings. and only 2 sites having same info, not really too much imo, it should still get pretty high ranking on the searches when it turns pr5 imo. still looking for offers :)

avis03, Aug 15, 2006 IP
  16. avis03

avis03 Active Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Yep, aggreed! :)

Still looking for offers, please pm me or post offer here. thanks.

avis03, Aug 15, 2006 IP
  17. JasMate

JasMate Active Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 3
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    LOL your a classic :D

JasMate, Aug 15, 2006 IP
  18. avis03

avis03 Active Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    lol, but I really do think this website has a lot of potential and could do very nicely if they changed the site a little, maybe add more articles, etc.

if you go to http://inventory.overture.com/d/searchinventory/suggestion/ and enter mesothelioma, it shows that around 250,000 searches were made for that word and about 400,000+ based on that keyword.

So, lets say the website turns a pr5, and lets be modest, and say it goes to page4 of the results. I guess that atleast 30,000 people from about 400,000 will go onto this website? And lets say from those 30,000 people to the site monthly, about 10% of them click on an ad. That comes out to about 3,000 clicks per month.

3,000 clicks per month and then if you continue to get around $1.5 - $2 per click, this site could easily be making $4,000-6,000 a month. :)

Remember, im not selling this site unless I get a really nice offer on it but feel free to send any offers you like and ill review them.

Thanks.

avis03, Aug 15, 2006 IP
  19. lordmenace

lordmenace Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    If it's so money rich, why not keep it?

lordmenace, Aug 15, 2006 IP
  20. JasMate