1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How To Start Content Writing Service Online?

Discussion in 'General Business' started by bumba1988, Oct 17, 2009.

I am not a native English speaker and that seems to be a pretty big problem when I try to get writing assignments online. Most of the clients want their writers' to be native English speakers and that is where I do not qualify.I am pretty confident that given a chance I can make a lot of native English writers' run for their money(Please oblige if someone feel I am arrogant,as I am just being confident).

So,I wanted to ask you all that how should I start?Please give me some guidance.Is it really possible for quality writers' like us to start online content writing service online?

bumba1988, Oct 17, 2009 IP
  2. averyz

averyz Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    For content I don’t really care if someone is a native english speaker just make good content and you will do well.

Research your subject and give people quality info and they will love it and keep coming back for more.

Copywriting is a little different if people are targeting an English specking audience they usually want a native English speaker because a lot counts on the wording and delivery of message ect.

averyz, Oct 17, 2009 IP
  3. epikpoker

epikpoker Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    You need to build a reputation, all of the content writers I know get most of there business through referals. Since you are not a native English speaker you should be extra careful with your work. For example in your post I notice there is no space after most of your punctuation "start?Please" should be "start? Please".

Best of luck.

epikpoker, Oct 17, 2009 IP
  4. AxionGroup

AxionGroup Peon

Best Answers:
    The best thing to do is start a blog at one of the popular blogging sites such as wordpress.com or blogspot. Blog on a regular basis. Once you have a large number of blog posts direct potential customers to view samples of your writing. If you really want to get content writing opportunities start you own blog with a host who will install WordPress for you. Once you have a large number of blog posts and have built some page rank you can even charge for writing articles. The key here being building page rank so people will want to hire you to write an article and provide a link to their site.

AxionGroup, Oct 17, 2009 IP
  5. mentos

mentos Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Since you're not native english.
    You should find other edge such as offering money back guaranteed to client.
    Which mean that if the client don't like your article then he can ask for refund.

mentos, Oct 17, 2009 IP
  6. bumba1988

bumba1988 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Thanks for your tips and I will surely keep these things in mind. I always ensure quality articles to my clients and will continue to do so.

bumba1988, Oct 18, 2009 IP
  7. Gene2009

Gene2009 Peon

Best Answers:
    If you really are pretty confident about your writing skills, you might want to start with your own blog.. And then register with Odesk making reference to your blog as your sample writing.. I'm pretty sure you would be able to get good buyers there.. Almost a lot of buyers there don't care if you are a native speaker or not for as long as you can provide them with great samples, they would not think twice to hire you.. Just make sure you market yourself well since competition is quite tight out there.. You can also try lime exchange and start out as a freelancer just the same.. Good luck.. :)

Gene2009, Oct 18, 2009 IP
  8. talk2tanveer

talk2tanveer Active Member

Best Answers:
    Keep contacting prospective clients and you will get work. Try posting your ad in the content creation forum in DP. I only use DP to get work and thankfully things have turned out to be good. Good Luck!

talk2tanveer, Oct 18, 2009 IP
  9. jagan123

jagan123 Active Member

Best Answers:
    An year ago, this is how i started.

1. Brought down my price to attract potential clients.
    2. Offered to write first and payment later deal.
    3. Added all the clients to my IM
    4. Made sure to write quality content and reach turn around times.
    5. Created samples and later on started PMing the article seekers with my price, sample and boasted about my experience and iTraders. It worked :D

Being non-native English writers, we need to worry about getting the clients initially. And the above steps work really good. But times have changed. When i joined in DP, there were not many writers and competition was little less.

jagan123, Oct 18, 2009 IP
    alber859 likes this.
  10. keen4kash

keen4kash Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Well based on the quality of the english in your original post - your english skills are ok compared to a lot of other member posts here at DP that i have read as they make no sense. You seem well educated and intelligent enough.......

There has already been some good suggestions above but i think if you are determined enough you can succeed.

You may have to start out with really cheap prices or open a thread to offer a set number of free or at a discount review articles to try and prove your skills and get established here and meet potential clients. You can ask for feedback on the articles you supply. Financially it may not be good but its only for short time it will help improve your english and writing skills.

Other wise you may be able to get hired by an existing online seo or writing company that is already established and get paid work that way before focusing on running a business by yourself.

It takes time and hard work but the effort could be well rewarded down the track :)

Price, quality, turn around time and past trading history are going to be biggest factors in getting work.

best of luck

keen4kash, Oct 18, 2009 IP
  11. jagan123

jagan123 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Yes. The above factors determine your success. But not in any particular order. Each of those are equally important. If you fail at any of those, you fail as a writer finally.

jagan123, Oct 19, 2009 IP
  12. Danica

Danica Peon

Best Answers:
    Even I would like to start content writing service .I think freelancer is the best place for content writers

Danica, Oct 19, 2009 IP
  13. amarventris

amarventris Peon

Best Answers:
    Your posts have two grammar errors. I do not suggest content writing for you.

amarventris, Oct 19, 2009 IP
  14. bumba1988

bumba1988 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Thanks for your suggestion but as you have discovered those mistakes, should not you have also mentioned which were those?

bumba1988, Oct 19, 2009 IP
  15. guniwan

guniwan Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Buy a good domain name in your strength topic to write.
    Buy a hosting
    Start the website
    Write well written articles in that topic.
    Do well research and try to drive traffic to that site.
    And Monetize your site
    let the people see your Quality Writing Skill which could give them real result.
    Then I am sure they will come to you, and you don't need to find them

guniwan, Oct 20, 2009 IP