1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

2 domains .... whats the best one?

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by darrens, Oct 14, 2009.

1. mixing

mixing Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    MySite.com would be best in my opinion. Neither one really has an upper hand, both can rank the exact same just as easily, but MySite is more common and easier to remember..

mixing, Oct 17, 2009 IP
  2. gameutopia

gameutopia Peon

Best Answers:
    If you want people to actually remember it the one without the hyphen would be easier to remember for direct traffic. If you think you can get some decent direct traffic use the one without the hyphen. But if the other one is actually shorter and catchier with a hyphen I might use that one. I don't like domain names with hyphens, but I don't like ones that are super long either. I would probably use and put the most effort into the one without the hyphen first and use the other one with the hyphen for another project you can work on in your spare time.

gameutopia, Oct 17, 2009 IP
  3. simonspurr

simonspurr Peon

Best Answers:
    I have nothing against hyphens and myself own multiple hyphen domains but given the choice I would always pick the one without hyphens

simonspurr, Oct 17, 2009 IP
  4. kcgclove5

kcgclove5 Peon

Best Answers:
    Dang! Nice domains... As stated above, hyphens are bad, but with a short domain name like that, it may not be too terrible...

Should be pretty easy to setup a site with those... Maybe some webmaster tips, designs, templates, etc... You should do really well with those!

Congrats on getting two great domains!

kcgclove5, Oct 17, 2009 IP
  5. flashcraft

flashcraft Peon

Best Answers:
    I'd go with mysite.com. GoDaddy has a list of Do's and Don'ts regarding web site names. For the back link, PR etc you can give SEO for Firefox plugin a try. For the keywords related to each site you can use Google Adwords Keyword Tool and select 'webste Content' and just type in each of the two websites and compare the keyword results.

Last edited: Oct 17, 2009
    flashcraft, Oct 17, 2009 IP
  6. j4jawaid

j4jawaid Peon

Best Answers:
    mysite.com is best dont use any sort of special character or number as it decrease your domain value.

j4jawaid, Oct 17, 2009 IP
  7. nemoku

nemoku Member

Best Answers:
    I think mysite.com is better.

nemoku, Oct 18, 2009 IP
  8. redsolar

redsolar Peon

Best Answers:
    mysite.com is better, but we can't just say that domian with e hyphen is bad, at least the structure is more clear!

redsolar, Oct 18, 2009 IP