1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

New Article Marketing Test (And Results From Last Test)

Discussion in 'Link Development' started by Zibblu, Oct 1, 2009.

1. philippe2803

philippe2803 Peon

Best Answers:
    I can't wait to see which one will win the test. I wonder about articleranks as well as it's different system apparently.

philippe2803, Oct 14, 2009 IP
  2. MickeyFinn

MickeyFinn Active Member

Best Answers:
    Interesting test but you are judging the results by how many backlinks each method produces. You should instead be judging by landing page position in SERPs and/or sales generated. A backlink means nothing. You could have thousands that pass little or even no juice. Would like to hear a more in depth analysis.

MickeyFinn, Oct 15, 2009 IP
  3. linkesxchange

linkesxchange Peon

Best Answers:
    well the big thing is to spin the articles and all the automation tools make it unreadble..

linkesxchange, Oct 15, 2009 IP
  4. Zibblu

Zibblu Guest

Best Answers:
    I understand your concern but it's very difficult to know for sure why a page ranks higher than another page. There are too many variables involved to get a truly "scientific" result.

What I mean by that is that I have to use different landing pages because Google only allows two results (from the same domain) for each landing page.

So obviously I can't compare five different attacks on the same domain with the same keyword phrase (and if you're not comparing the same keyword phrase, it doesn't mean anything.)

What I could do is a "one on one" sort of competition between two article marketing services which focus on the same keyword phrase on the same domain. If I make the phrase unique enough I could get an interesting result as far as which one ranks higher than the other one. I may do something like that as a follow-up because in essence I agree with you - SERPS are what matters and not all backlinks are created equal.

All of these services (AMA, UAW, & AR) use manual spinning and the results are very readable (if you know what you're doing.) Content Creation (formerly Article Marketer) and ISnare are straight up article distribution services with no spinning.

Zibblu, Oct 15, 2009 IP
    pro.seods likes this.
  5. pro.seods

pro.seods Peon

Best Answers:
    pssst...It's a great thread. Threads like these give a lot of answers. I will be closely watching out this thread. :D

+rep

pro.seods, Oct 15, 2009 IP
  6. Zibblu

Zibblu Guest

Best Answers:
    Hey NexDog,

I've been thinking about your comment and I've decided to set up an additional test which is focused on SERPS results.

I'm going to be setting up three landing pages on one of my domains which all focus on the same three word phrase (which has 34,700 results in Google with a "phrase" search)...

I'm then going to link to those landing pages in a similar a way as I can (ie, with the same kind of anchor texts ... this is one of those variables I was talking about) from UAW, Content Crooner, and Article Ranks (AMA & ISnare will have to wait until next time.)

The reason I'm only doing this with three is because only the first two will show up in the search engines results so that will give me a first, second, and third place (3rd place being the one that isn't listed.) I wouldn't really be able to differentiate between 3rd, 4th, and 5th place so I'm going to just do three at a time for this kind of test.

Thanks for bringing this up, I do think you're right to be most concerned with SERPS. The main reason I've focused on backlinks is that it's much easier to do.

This new SERPS focused test will be "Test #5"

Zibblu, Oct 15, 2009 IP
  7. Poker Rakeback Mafia

Poker Rakeback Mafia Peon

Best Answers:
    Getting even more interesting now :)

Poker Rakeback Mafia, Oct 15, 2009 IP
  8. trosquin

trosquin Active Member

Best Answers:
    With AMA most the sites just are automated content scrappers.....so your post is loaded automatically and the links are ALWAYS there. Its when people have to get your articles physically that they remove the links.

trosquin, Oct 15, 2009 IP
  9. MickeyFinn

MickeyFinn Active Member

Best Answers:
    I think you'll find it pretty much impossible to rank for the same keyword on 3 pages on the same domain. Google will just rank the one it deems most relevant and backlinks isn't the only factor in that.

You would need to do the test on 3 separate domains with same weight in Google.

MickeyFinn, Oct 17, 2009 IP
  10. anw001

anw001 Active Member

Best Answers:
    I have learnt of a few good article distribution services on this thread. AMA, UAW, Isnare, AM, spin2submit, ArticleRanks etc. Nice thread, and am waiting for the results.

anw001, Oct 17, 2009 IP
  11. Zibblu

Zibblu Guest

Best Answers:
    Good point.

That's what I mean as far as it being very difficult to accurately test the SERPS power of these things head to head. There's just so many different factors at work. But I think if I do enough different tests with enough different variables then I should start to see some real evidence of what is effective.

But I am trying very hard with this test to make the three landing pages as similar as possible - very similar titles - etc. But you're right... even then there may be some other factors that are taken into consideration. It's hard to know.

Zibblu, Oct 18, 2009 IP
  12. emigre

emigre Peon

Best Answers:
    Yep..I got the same problem - either the links are not there or the blog is some scrapper crap blog. Just not worth the effort. Wondering if Free Traffic System has the same problem too.

emigre, Oct 20, 2009 IP
  13. Zibblu

Zibblu Guest

Best Answers:
    An update: I've dropped Content Crooner because of poor service (they were holding my articles for really dumb reasons and then not even fixing the problem when brought to their attention) so they'll not be included in this tests (and I now have three tests going simultaneously...) The services I am testing are Unique Article Wizard, ArticleRanks, Article Marketing Automation, & ISnare.

Zibblu, Oct 20, 2009 IP
  14. Zibblu

Zibblu Guest

Best Answers:
    I'm now in the process of doing a lot of different tests, I won't go over all of them before, instead I'll just use this space to update with results when I get them.

These are my very early results from Test #3:

ISnare - Not indexed yet. I don't think this article has even been sent out yet. ISnare is slow.
    ArticleRanks - So far just 1 external link is showing up in Yahoo Site Explorer. The lander is indexed.

Unfortunately, I won't be able to report backlink results from AMA & UAW on this one because now I can't find any reliable place to check the backlinks on these landers (they are EZA for these two and now I can't seem to find any backlink checker that can deal with 'em.)

BUT, both of these EZA articles are not only indexed, they actually rank #2 and #3 for my target keywords (the AMA targeted article being #1, and the UAW being #2.) Unfortunately I've now figured out that no one is really searching for this target keyword (it was a bit of an experiment with a new product...)

The ArticleRanks targeted page (which was is on Squidoo) is at #7 for this KW phrase... but it's not really fair to compare since they have different titles and they're on different domains (I think EZA ranks better than Squidoo, all things being equal.)

I'll update with backlink results for ISnare & ArticleRanks on this one, but otherwise this test has turned into a bit of a dud. I'll have to avoid using EZA landers for these tests in the future.

Test #4 has the same problem, two of the four landers are EZA.

I think both these tests are essentially worthless... I mean I can tell you that the AMA lander is at #7 for it's title in a "phrase" search and the UAW lander is at #24... but that doesn't really mean much because of the differences in the variables.

OK, how about Test #5? With this one I was using the same domain and the same KW phrase... it was aimed at seeing which article submission would be most effective for SERPS (which is the end goal of all of this anyway, right?)

I'm testing ArticleRanks, UAW, & ISnare on this one.

Well... So far nothing on Google, Yahoo, or Bing (I looked through the first 200 results on each.) But again.. it's very early. It takes time for these things to work.

I'm working on a variety of tests now and I'm going to avoid EZA for these new experiments (although I definitely use it as a part of strategy even though I can't check the backlinks to them anymore.)

Zibblu, Oct 30, 2009 IP
  15. mojtata

mojtata Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I have tested.No support - pure crap.
    Also i haven't seem any links from them.

You cannot add words such as women's (with ' sign) as it is turned into women@#s

mojtata, Oct 30, 2009 IP
  16. TheRookie

TheRookie Peon

Best Answers:
    are you still getting like 80 backlinks for submitting one article, or was it just a fluke. Like the tests your running

TheRookie, Oct 30, 2009 IP
  17. Zibblu

Zibblu Guest

Best Answers:
    That's what I'm trying to figure out :)

It takes awhile for the backlinks to show up... and the articles are "dripped" so ... you know, it takes patience.

I'm a Free Traffic System member now too (pro membership) so I'll be testing that moving forward as well. Actually I've already got one test on that running, but it's too early to know how it's working.

---

To be clear, I'm reasonably confident that UAW, AMA, & ISnare are effective because I've been using them (in combination) as my main source of backlinks and I've been able to get some sites quite high in the search engines. I'm doing these tests because I'm trying to get more informed on exactly what's working best so I can spend my time most wisely (although I think a wide link profile is important so I'll probably continue using anything that is reasonably effective.) ArticleRanks & Free Traffic System I'm not yet sure about, because I'm new to them.

---

There are some other services that I have used and have stopped using because of lack of results and/or headaches with using the system: JetSubmitter, LinkVana, Content Crooner (formerly ArticleMarketer), and Submit Your Article.

Last edited: Oct 30, 2009
    Zibblu, Oct 30, 2009 IP
  18. anw001

anw001 Active Member

Best Answers:
    You say that linkvana is not worth it? Is that true? With such a hefty amount to pay monthly, I was quite undecided whether to try it out or not. Now you have given it a negative feedback.

With a limited monthly budget to spend on such services (about $100), which linkbuilding services would you recommend me to join in order to build backlinks for my sites? Your inputs will be highly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

anw001, Oct 30, 2009 IP
  19. Zibblu

Zibblu Guest

Best Answers:
    These were the negatives to LinkVana for me:

(1) The amount of time I had to put into getting each link. I had to write a 100 word "article" to get the one link back. While with these article distribution services I have to write a longer article but I can get a lot more links back. The work to link ratio seems much better with the article distribution services.

(2) The price. I'm not sure how inexpensive it would have to be for me to use it... It's really the time that was the big killer, more so than the price. But I think it's very overpriced so for what it is, so that didn't help.

(3) The sites where the "articles" end up look really spammy to me because they are all of these lame little 100 word entries with one link in them each. It just seems really obvious to me.

On the other hand, I do want to say that I did see LinkVana links showing up when I searched for them. So I'm not saying LinkVana doesn't work, just that I don't think it's the most effective use of my time/money.

---

So what do I recommend using for someone with $100/month? Good question. I'd be tempted to say ArticleRanks as one service to join as it's just $10/month and I think it's got a really nice easy to use layout. But I'm not really sure how well it works yet, as I've been a member with them for less than a month.

Article Marketing Automation & Unique Article Wizard are two services that I'm quite sure work well. They are $47 & $67 a month, respectively. I have been a member with both of them for close to a year now and I've got no plans of ending my membership. I definitely think they're worth that money.

ISnare is another possibility... it's very slow, but I do think it's effective and it actually ends up being the least expensive service for me because there's only so many articles I can submit in a month, so paying per article works out nicely for me.

You could also try the free membership version of Free Traffic System... since it's free!

---

I also want to mention a development in these new article tests: The UAW linked lander now ranks #16 for it's target keyword phrase (212K competitors in a "phrase search") on Google. That's with one article submission... not bad! This is an EZA lander which I'm having trouble checking the back links on... but still, it's the SERPS that matter most, and that's a pretty good result... I'll update if it rises more (with UAW and the rest of these services the articles are "dripped out" over time so the back links keep building for quite some time even from just one article submission.)

Zibblu, Oct 31, 2009 IP
  20. TheRookie

TheRookie Peon

Best Answers:
    Im a member of free traffic system as well. I have a free membership and its great. I may someday decide to upgrade.

TheRookie, Nov 1, 2009 IP