1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

This site may harm your computer

Discussion in 'Site & Server Administration' started by jani01, Oct 15, 2009.

Hi to all the Experts of DP.
    last night my site was working properly but today when I try to open it it is showing following message

This message is also being displayed at google search engine

I am really worried about the issue. So, please tell me how I can resolve this issue.

Thanks in advance.

jani01, Oct 15, 2009 IP
  2. SCLocal

SCLocal Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Let me guess, you're running WordPress, right? It's an old version, right? Your WordPress got infected by a virus, it's really common and Google (or another site) caught it. First thing to do is upgrade WordPress to the latest 2.8.4 version, then you need to do a clean install of your local wordpress files, including your themes. Install fresh copies of everything if you can.

If this is the issue, this should solve your problems, your database files should be unaffected. After that's all done you should log into Google's Webmaster tools (if you don't have an account, register one and verify your site, it's free) and there you'll be able to see that your site is 'dinged' you'll also be able to submit your site for review, Google will review it, see that the bad code is gone and then they'll start indexing/caching/displaying your website.

You are running WordPress, right?

SCLocal, Oct 15, 2009 IP
  3. jani01

jani01 Active Member

Best Answers:
    I have not any wordpress blog. However, I have forum, I was also using the at my site at this URL. The said forum was hacked almost 10-days ago But I got it back from my backup source. Is it happening due to that issue ?

jani01, Oct 15, 2009 IP
  4. SecureCP

SecureCP Guest

Best Answers:
    upload a clean backups, clean your local computer of malware and viruses, and change your ftp passwords. It will work wonders.

SecureCP, Oct 15, 2009 IP
  5. cpace1983

cpace1983 Peon

Best Answers:
    Sounds like your forum software has a vulnerability. Backup the database, install a new forum software package, and then restore your database.

cpace1983, Oct 15, 2009 IP
  6. SecureCP

SecureCP Guest

Best Answers:
    His forum software probably has multiple vulnerabilities; but, that's not where this is stemming from. It's a common iframe injection. The FTP credentials are compromised; I'm 99.9% on this one Regis.

SecureCP, Oct 15, 2009 IP
  7. jani01

jani01 Active Member

Best Answers:
    I have download all the back up. Removed my forum and now want to upload all the files. I have scanned all the files with Anti Virus and also with Torjan remover Software. Not even a single infection was deducted. Can I upload all these files to my Cpanel?
    Further How I can deduct any malware coding in these files ?

jani01, Oct 19, 2009 IP
  8. Tauqeer

Tauqeer Peon

Best Answers:
    I thing that your site is infected by virus, so that message occurs on your computer screen.

Tauqeer, Nov 2, 2009 IP
  9. kailash

kailash Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Generally Google tags site as a harmful site if they find any malware on your web site which may download suspicious contents in clients' system. I suggest you to add your website in Google webmasters tool. It will help you to find the infected files and you can clean them.

There are many reasons for this issue and most of them are mentioned by other users in this thread.

Kailash

kailash, Nov 2, 2009 IP
  10. Magnus Vogel

Magnus Vogel Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Magnus Vogel, Nov 4, 2009 IP
  11. jani01

jani01 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Thanks a lot. Issue has already been resolved and now my website is working properly.

jani01, Nov 4, 2009 IP