1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

FREE Search Marketing Ebook

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by clasione, Mar 23, 2005.

clasione, Mar 23, 2005 IP
    TKY_Publishing likes this.
  2. Tuning

Tuning Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Is it written by you ?

Tuning, Mar 24, 2005 IP
  3. Bazkaz

Bazkaz Peon

Best Answers:
    It looks pretty good. Just a quick question.

Is it true that Reciprocal links offer no value, even if both sites are relevant to each other?

Also you mention *BIG* links. Are these just relevant high PR links?

Bazkaz, Mar 24, 2005 IP
  4. Valtar

Valtar Guest

Best Answers:
    Looks Nice, I'll give it a Read.

Thanks

Valtar, Mar 24, 2005 IP
  5. john_loch

john_loch Rodent Slayer

Best Answers:
    Bakhaz, this is not true at all. The number of sites out there ranking #1 based exclusively on reciprocal linking are countless. Any statements made about reciprocal links having *no* effect while so called "quality" inbounds and outbounds do, are ludicrous.

It seems popular (and unfounded) myths are as prevalent as ever. That said, there's some good content in the book for those struggling with seo.

Cheers,

JL

john_loch, Mar 25, 2005 IP
  6. anthonycea

anthonycea Banned

Best Answers:
    Good work, nice report :eek:

Like John says, there are a lot of areas in linking strategy that many experts disagree on, for example, about a year ago there were many promoting the theory that "reciprocal links are dead".

At the same time folks have been saying the same thing about Page Rank.

So there will always be conflicting opinions or FUD in this business, there always has been and always will be.

I guess that is what makes forum so much fun, we all get to promote our favorite propaganda :p :p

anthonycea, Mar 25, 2005 IP
  7. Diamondbacks

Diamondbacks Peon

Best Answers:
    The "report" addresses some great topics. I agree with John, the accuracy of some of the information is questionable.

Diamondbacks, Mar 25, 2005 IP
  8. john_loch

john_loch Rodent Slayer

Best Answers:
    True Anthonycea,

Though my first obvious rule of thumb is this: if a broad concept like reciprocal linking not working doesn't pan out *consistently*, then it's wrong. The practice isnt going to be selective. As long as it's seen to be working effectively for thousands of sites around the globe, it can't be considered not to work.

Of course, there's a variety of strategies that work quite well, and some would say better than reciprocal linking with themed partners. I certainly wouldn't disagree. But to say reciprocal linking doesn't work at all is shamefully misleading.

Not that all this really matters. I should think in this case, common sense speaks for itself. :cool:

Cheers,

JL

9. anthonycea

anthonycea Banned

Best Answers:
    There is not one book or white paper that is correct 100% of the time and most disclaimers on research papers will tell you not to bet your life on the opinions within.

But you guys have to admit Clasione did a great job of producing the PDF and I saved a copy for future reference.

Thanks Clasione, you can't beat the price either :p :p :p

10. john_loch

john_loch Rodent Slayer

Best Answers:
    Yes - he did do a good job, except for the bit about reciprocal linking. Actually, some references to white papers or research material wouldn't have gone astray either - though it might be difficult to substantiate...

Either way, I certainly wouldn't throw it out - and yes the price is right wherever you're at. I do like his closing page about BIG links. It's one of the reasons I'd like to see themeage become an *active* option in the coop.

Cheers,

JL

11. anthonycea

anthonycea Banned

Best Answers:
    Well John, I am sure he is thankful for your comments and may add those references to the PDF.

Also Shawn is happy about the input on the co-op, so you are worth your salt this morning man :p

12. Bazkaz

Bazkaz Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks for clearing that up guys. I appreciate teh help. The book is a nice addition. Especially at the price. =)

Bazkaz, Mar 25, 2005 IP