1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How are webmasters Masking their traffic rankings?

Discussion in 'Traffic Analysis' started by jharris387, Oct 3, 2009.

Recently, I’ve tried to check the traffic rankings of a few popular websites. It seems to me that many marketers are manipulating their rankings so that nobody can even get an estimate of how much traffic their sites are receiving?

It clearly appears to me that they are deliberately doing this to prevent competitors from gaining insight? Is this really happening, or is there something I’m missing?

For example: I have noticed that some traffic estimate sites, will estimate a popular web site as only having 137 daily visitors. But, I’m absolutely positive, that the web sites daily traffic, measures in the 1000’s.

Is it possible for a webmaster to sabotage their web site traffic rankings at various traffic estimate sites?

trafficestimate, statsbrain

Can someone please explain?

And, if they are doing this, where can I find out how to do it as well?

Thanks in advance.

J. Harris - jharris387 at gmail

P.S. Oh, to be very clear, my question is “NOT” about how webmasters are trying to improve their rankings

jharris387, Oct 3, 2009 IP
  2. 2stamlers

2stamlers Peon

Best Answers:
    This is because it is not easy to estimate other websites traffic. Estimation is always hard.

2stamlers, Oct 8, 2009 IP
  3. Blindoglass

Blindoglass Peon

Best Answers:
    It's quite easy to improve the traffic rank, anyway consider that the traffic ranking sites have only a little % of the sites monitored and only an even more little % of traffic correctly estimated.

Blindoglass, Oct 11, 2009 IP
  4. gostats

gostats Peon

Best Answers:
    It's entirely possible. But can you tell me which traffic ranking you are referring to? Alexa?

gostats, Oct 14, 2009 IP