1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

clickbank multi-product script

Discussion in 'ClickBank' started by goliath, Oct 14, 2009.

Hey so I've been reading around over at clickbank, and I've noticed that it seems pretty easy to sell multiple products, the whole 'up to 500' thing.

I plan to sell template packs as add-ons to my primary product, so it will be great for me to use this functionality.

But when I go to the forums anywhere, or try to look at what people do with it, all I see is a bunch of "ohhh that's hard" or other negative complaints. I understand why you might not want to combine certain products but seriously, the complaints seem to revolve around the process being difficult.

Seriously? What's hard about it? As I've stated I'm more of a programmer than a salesman, I wonder if it would be worth my while, either socially or financially, to create a script that handles multiple products with discrete (per-product) landing pages and thank you pages.

Any thoughts? Does anybody know of an available script that does this already? Also thank you pages, does everybody roll their own, or is there some product or open-source script I should know about?

Thank you in advance to anyone who will share their thoughts or especially experience on these questions.

goliath, Oct 14, 2009 IP
  2. Blindoglass

Blindoglass Peon

Best Answers:
    Hi :)
    We developed our own clickbank multi-item script that run fast and is quite easy to implement. (let's say child friendly LOL) The requirements of your server is simply that it supports php and have mod rewrite enabled. Currently is not for sale, but we are planning to bundle it with our thank you page protection script. Anyway let me know if you're interested. Today I'm out of office, but I'll back to you as soon as I can.
    Hope this help.
    Ciao
    Enrico

Blindoglass, Oct 14, 2009 IP
  3. goliath

goliath Active Member

Best Answers:
    Hi Blindoglass.

You sell a thank-you page protection script? Will you tell me the name of it? Or are you giving it away?

I think I'm going to be ok with the script I have. However, it is my first time, I am a little nervous. As far as the multi-product script, I don't really need one yet, I haven't got the first product released. But I'm trying to plan ahead.

Thanks for your input. Do you use mod rewrite to change the URL that the visitor sees, or to keep it the same?

goliath, Oct 14, 2009 IP
  4. GeorgeB.

GeorgeB. Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Well, I'm already working on a PayPal version of this which will be at www.payweber.com and I plan to launch by the end of the month or early next month at the latest. I've been writing it for months now but it's taken so much time because this is a payment script I have been heavily auditing it for security.

- Supports multiple products
    - Uses PayPal IPN and PDT simultaneously
    - Put in your aweber address and automatically add the user to your email list.
    - Comes with free https:// hosting for paypal background images.
    - expiring download links.

etc. etc. etc... Mine is MySQL driven because it has a robust admin panel where you can go over all your customer data and look at things like how many times the product has been downloaded by each customer etc.

I have also already written the PHP version of that CGI/Perl clickbank script out there for my own use and planned to integrate it as "clickbank support" to the PayWeber script. But that won't realistically happen until next month some time.

Last edited: Oct 14, 2009
    GeorgeB., Oct 14, 2009 IP
  5. goliath

goliath Active Member

Best Answers:
    CGI/Perl clickbank script out there

Hey do you have any idea of the name of that script? I'd like to see it's feature list.

I was thinking of doing a multi-product bouncer script for a promotional. No real features to speak of, nothing like the product you're building. But it only really requires a few lines of PHP to reliably send a visitor the the right thank you or pitch page based on the link, and then keep using the same types of pages and link tracking/protection script you already have in place.

Does that sort of bare-bones tool interest anyone around here?

goliath, Oct 14, 2009 IP
  6. Ripped

Ripped Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Ripped, Oct 14, 2009 IP
    goliath likes this.
  7. Blindoglass

Blindoglass Peon

Best Answers:
    Hi,
    yes I sell a thank you script for fun. I have developed it for my first product some times ago and thinked that, being the work done, I could sell it too. I don't market it at all (I use it to protect my thank you pages) anyway here's the full version download page:
    h t t p://w w w. DownloadPageProtector.info/full_download.php so you can see it at work.
    I use mod rewrite because I have different products on different domains and need to pass the affiliate's tracking code too (most of multi-item scripts only handle the products but don't credit the affiliates and that's not good)

goliath likes this.
  8. goliath

goliath Active Member

Best Answers:
    Thanks Ripped, products like that are exactly what I'm looking for. +rep

goliath, Oct 14, 2009 IP
  9. goliath

goliath Active Member

Best Answers:
    Oh yeah I'm only talkin about multiple product, same domain script right now. If you're doing it that way it's easy, and of course the cookie is automatic.

The multiple domain thing under one CB account is definitely a lot more involved. No way I would do that for a promotional script.

goliath, Oct 14, 2009 IP
  10. Blindoglass

Blindoglass Peon

Best Answers:
    Multiple product script do not use cookies (not everybody have the cookies enabled) anyway the one we developed works on a single or on multiple domains the same way, was born for multiple domains and using on a single domains id simplyer. Cookies can't be read from a different domain so you need to pass variables on another way.

11. goliath

goliath Active Member

Best Answers:
    Sure you have to pass the values if you're going multi-domain, and then if you want cookies you can set them yourself, so you pass the correct values back to CB if the customer returns via your other direct URL, I hope. I understand exactly, thank you for sharing it's the kind of lesson I was looking for.

What I meant was, I was only thinking about a single-domain script, so in that case the cookies automatically can handle the affiliate ID tracking in normal fashion, even for multiple products.

goliath, Oct 14, 2009 IP