1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

What's so great about article marketing?

Discussion in 'General Marketing' started by XooX, Oct 10, 2009.

Go to link building forum or traffic building, or SEO...whatever the discussion is on, people prefer article marketing. I actually don;t get how is this such a big thing. Well, I am not ridiculing; but I want to know...

From what I have seen, most article directories carry duplicate articles..So, if Google sees that the website has content that is already present in several other websites, its value is going to come down. So, the SEO value is lost.

Traffic-wise, lets say 200 people visit the page through search engines. With 2% CTR, hardly 4 people will visit our actual website.

Promotion-wise, I am really skeptical about anyone copying our content on their website with attribution. Yes some of my articles have been copied, but that is all from newbie websites that close in 6 months...

So, how exactly is article marketing helping you all?

XooX, Oct 10, 2009 IP
  2. evelinawilliams007

evelinawilliams007 Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Articles:
    Article marketing is one of the best ways to pre-sell a product or service as you're giving your readers/prospects/potential customers the exact information they're looking for.

One thing about article marketing is that it's quite costly and only unique and quality articles will drive your business upwards. Secondly article marketing takes time to build the traffic up and articles should be consistently be submitted. I'm speaking of thousands of articles ... not just hundreds -- that won't do... because as google dances all the time .. these articles based on long tail keywords soon dry up.

I'm not saying SEO doesn't play an important role but article marketing can drive customers to your business website a lot faster thus it's a way to make a much quicker profit..

evelinawilliams007, Oct 10, 2009 IP
  3. ShaukatSDGuide

ShaukatSDGuide Guest

Best Answers:
    From my personal experience, I can tell you that it helps increase your ranking in search results.

Not too long ago, a friend asked me to help him increase the ranking of his best selling product. He was on page 3 and wanted to be in top 3, on the first page. With extensive Article Marketing and blogging, we have managed to almost achieve the goal. He is on the 4th position now. Not only is he getting good traffic from Google now, he is getting traffic via article directories as well.

Of course, all the articles were unique in terms of content. So, he is getting customers now from article directories as well as Google. So, personally, I like article marketing a lot.

ShaukatSDGuide, Oct 10, 2009 IP
  4. XooX

XooX Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Precious007,
    I don't do affiliate marketing and so I don't have to really sell anything - I just want traffic and search juice. Does article marketing still hold good for me?

Shaukat,
    When you are talking of submitting 100s of unique articles to article directories, does it mean several article directories or just one big one like Ezinearticles which gets featured pretty well on Google? I am asking this because Google prefers your links to be from several different IPs rather than one. So, submitting all your thousand to one BIG article directory like Ezinearticles can not do good from SEO point of view.

XooX, Oct 10, 2009 IP
  5. emmadean

emmadean Peon

Best Answers:
    That is why you have to make sure your article is unique and no duplicates. Do not submit articles that are already posted in your website. As long as the duplicate is not found in your website it's ok, you're safe.

I suggest you submit your articles in ezine, as long as your articles are quality you will be benefited in terms of traffic.

Don't worry about those copycats they cannot affect you ranking since you've said that your site is more authority compared to them, Google knows that.

emmadean, Oct 10, 2009 IP
  6. XooX

XooX Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Hi emmadean

Sorry, I didn't quite get your point. Ok, I don't submit my website content elsewhere. I do write content separately for these ezines. Now, to get inbound links from several different host IPs, I would have to post it to several of these article directories. Now, the content on ezinearticles, goarticles can all be duplicate..I mean, not my own articles..Even if I were to submit entirely unique articles, there are so many out there who submit the same article everywhere..So, Google is likely to have devalued the links from these websites that more or less all contain the same duplicated content. So, even I do it right, my website might not get all the deserved juice...

XooX, Oct 10, 2009 IP
  7. ezine ads

ezine ads Peon

Best Answers:
    It's not really like that. Practice is different than the theory :) Many of my articles are on top of Google for my keywords.

2% CTR is not a realistic figure for a good article. My worst articles are getting better CTR than 2% ;) My best articles have 35-30% CTR.

ezine ads, Oct 11, 2009 IP
  8. taylordf1

taylordf1 Peon

Best Answers:
    If you post an article on ezinearticles, then you have the option of getting first page google rankings if you choose your keywords right. I have an account with 200+ articles that over the past year has received 60,000 views.

I submit to them regularly and then optionally submit to other smaller directories just for linking purposes.

taylordf1, Oct 11, 2009 IP
  9. shonted

shonted Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    The main thing is that you can put your ideas and share your any topics in very low budget and also easily spread your matter to every body....

shonted, Oct 11, 2009 IP
  10. KPHudson

KPHudson Peon

Best Answers:
    You get MANY backlinks, some traffic and many keywords get associated with your URL. As webmaster approve your article over time, your backlinks will consistently grow

KPHudson, Oct 11, 2009 IP
  11. stevestuff

stevestuff Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    In my website stats at StatCounter, I have numerous hits from my articles - besides getting me better SERP at Google.

stevestuff, Oct 11, 2009 IP
  12. basketballboy

basketballboy Member

Best Answers:
    Article Marketing is a big part, and so is Press Releases. Both share content from your site and give you high PR backlinks! :)

basketballboy, Oct 11, 2009 IP
  13. BizDetail

BizDetail Peon

Best Answers:
    Article marketing can be very effective so long as you do it with the proper strategy. Make sure the keywords are found within the title and within the anchor links. Also, if you expect people to re-post your articles, they better be well written. Anything less is pretty much a waste of time.

BizDetail, Oct 11, 2009 IP
  14. bukky

bukky Peon

Best Answers:
    bukky, Oct 14, 2009 IP
  15. ronochu

ronochu Member

Best Answers:
    I always appreciate people who do well in article marketing, they always make a long term money with their hard work !

ronochu, Oct 14, 2009 IP
  16. dddougal

dddougal Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Article marketing is all about numbers, big numbers. You need a lot of articles to get decent traffic. Like the guy above said, if you have an account with hundreds of articles you will see good traffic even if the articles are not performing that well.

dddougal, Oct 14, 2009 IP
  17. FreeCashTube

FreeCashTube Peon

Best Answers:
    Article Marketing is not an overnight miracle maker. Yes, it is a long term strategy and requires patients, but in any type of business, you build for the future.

Also, you should not expect a huge spike in volume by writing one or two unique articles. You are going to need hundreds of unique articles to see a nice spike in volume, hence the reason it is a long term strategy. Its the combination of visitors that all of your articles bring in that makes the difference, and not the one article that is submitted.

FreeCashTube, Oct 14, 2009 IP
  18. cyberprofit

cyberprofit Peon

Best Answers:
    Article marketing if done correctly is one of the best ways to promote your website. You not only get the benefits of promoting rich content across the internet giving readers a reason to visit your website, but he backlinks you get in the SIG files are priceless. However, it does take time to get the momentum going…unless you are rich and reckless and can pay for a ton of articles. If so, then do so and start posting to the top directories :)

cyberprofit, Oct 14, 2009 IP
  19. 1SEONewby

1SEONewby Peon

Best Answers:
    "....if Google sees that the website has content that is already present in several other websites, its value is going to come down. So, the SEO value is lost" Consider using an Article Spinner, yes its time consuming but it can be well worth it in the long run.

1SEONewby, Oct 14, 2009 IP
  20. XooX

XooX Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    A question to the heavy-article marketers.

Do you see a lot of blogs pulling in the articles from Ezinearticles on to your blogs? I would be happy if each of my article is pulled by at least half a dozen PR 0 sites so at least I am building some links..

XooX, Oct 14, 2009 IP