1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Can Twitter Make You A Better Writer?

Discussion in 'Copywriting' started by axeny, Aug 20, 2009.

1. lena1985

lena1985 Peon

Best Answers:
    In my opion, twitter can improve your writing skills. When writing, you will think over how to write, how to use good vocabulary, how to use phrase, how to describe and express your meaning in one or two sentences and all of these are helpful for your improving your writing. However, I think writing in a blog and taking suggestion from your friends can help you make a progress.

lena1985, Oct 12, 2009 IP
  2. salactivee

salactivee Active Member

Best Answers:
    yes off course twitter now a days everything

salactivee, Oct 12, 2009 IP
  3. Sapphiro

Sapphiro Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Probably, twitter is way too multi-purpose. If you're following the right group of article writers, you'll probably gain something useful from their tweets, like articles on useful tips for article writing.. etc. (I'm not an article writer of course) :)

Sapphiro, Oct 12, 2009 IP
  4. Grit.

Grit. Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    With twitter being a microblogging site, it won't improve you vastly in my honest opinion. However, it can improve relevance of your writing, and getting used to not wasting space with excessive wording

Grit., Oct 12, 2009 IP
  5. sarah_harvey

sarah_harvey Active Member

Best Answers:
    Not sure if twitter will make a person a better writer, but will force a writer to think more creatively in the sense that they need to convey a message in 140 characters.

Another area that I reckon makes a person a better writer is forum roleplaying. It forces a person to think about your characters and describe the surroundings better etc. If you join a forum where they rate your work and have people help you, then you end up being a damn good writer. Some writers I know that are younger than me write and describe better than Stephen King himself. Yet they are not concerned with earning a living as a writer- to these people it is only a hobby. Shows you what you find if you look really hard.

sarah_harvey, Oct 13, 2009 IP
    Silver89 likes this.