1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

meta description

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by Caliseo, Oct 3, 2009.

1. TheCrabb

TheCrabb Peon

Best Answers:
    Let's put this one to bed for once and for all!!

I am a full time proffessional SEO and I am responsible for SEO and SEM of hundreds of sites from a couple of my own small crappy ones to multi million dollar corporates so could we just agree that I know something about what I am talling about.

NONE of the major search engines use the keywords meta tag in thier ranking algorithms - Google NEVER used it.
    The description metatag IS indexed but does NOT affect the rankings. It MAY be used as a snippet (the descriptive text under your link on the Google SERP page). Therefore a well written meta description WILL increase your click throughs and so a #6 or #7 ranking with a great meta description will get more traffic than a #1 with a poor snipped pulled from the on page text.

Conclusion - meta keywords are a waste of time - meta description IS important for clicks but is NOT used for achieving rankings

TheCrabb, Oct 13, 2009 IP
    Dan Schulz likes this.
  2. Caliseo

Caliseo Peon

Best Answers:
    any more conclusions ?

Caliseo, Oct 13, 2009 IP