1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

our new clickbank site, looking for affiliates

Discussion in 'ClickBank' started by top10stock, Aug 23, 2009.

1. alexa_s

alexa_s Peon

Best Answers:
    Well, I can tell you what I think are the big, important things that determine whether serious, professional affiliates will promote a Clickbank product. I don't guarantee that all serious professional affiliate will agree with them, but my impression from other forums and from talking to other affiliates is that they'll be helpful - hope so, anyway.

At the moment, the BIG problem is that your sales-page (which I just looked at now) still has an opt-in to collect email addresses. For myself (and others I know), this makes the decision in 5 seconds, and it's a negative decision - they won't even look at the rest of the page. Apologies if I sound critical, here: I'm just trying to be clear about the fact that as long as that's on the page, in my opinion it doesn't matter what else you do: there won't be a way to attract successful affiliates. (If you have any doubts about this, just take a look at the Warrior Forum and all the recent conversations there among affiliates about "leaky sales pages", and the information-subscription services that have been set up to inform affiliates which Clickbank products do have vendor's opt-ins so that they can even avoid looking at them!).

The things that potentially interest me in being an affiliate are, in this order:-

1. Lack of a vendor's opt-in on the sales page (like many professional affiliates, I have no interest at all in becoming an affiliate if there is one, because there are plenty of other products without one and it's just a complication I don't need)

2. Good sales page that looks like it converts well (most important - everything else including commission-rate is secondary to this)

3. Evidence of conversion (if possible - and I accept that this may be subjective and interpretable and I'll have to use my judgment in assessing it, and whether I believe it, to some extent)

4. A good product (I won't become an affiliate without assessing that for myself, either with a review copy or sometimes by buying one myself if the vendor says "no" to my polite, convincing, well-reasoned request for one)

5. Decent earnings per sale (either high price and 50/55% commissions, or, if at a lower price, 70/75% commissions)

I need all five of the above to be interested. There are over 10,000 products on Clickbank for me to choose from, and it's very easy to say "no" to one that falls short of any one of those 5 requirements above.

6. (less important) A gravity figure that's not too high (because I don't want heavy competition from large numbers of active affiliates with big Adwords budgets), certainly under 100, and under 50 is even better

7. (least important) "affiliate toys" (like email copy, banners, articles, and other stuff I can make/get myself) but I suppose they're a small additional plus, if available, and admittedly they can help to create the impression that the vendor wants to co-operate with his affiliates, which helps. But the best "affiliate page" in the world won't interest me if the product and/or sales page are no good or if there's a vendor's opt-in there.

alexa_s, Oct 12, 2009 IP
  2. jacky8

jacky8 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Once again, that is what vendors need to note down if they want to attract affiliates..

jacky8, Oct 12, 2009 IP
  3. top10stock

top10stock Peon

Best Answers:
    Traffic from clickbank marketplace will not see the opt-in email form. And this form can be turned off by the affiliates if they wish. From point 2-5, it all relates to whether the product convert. I think my product conversion is OK. I do not market heavily because I only currently know a few effective way to promote.

Things more interesting is that I do not know how many super affiliates are there in total who can make over 100K a year. And how much effort and cost will affiliate put in one product they promote?

If there is easy way to promote a product, then vendor can do it self. Why need affiliate at all? I think the most effective way for affiliates to promote may be to write a BLOG, article heavily, which really takes time.

I just did not find effective way to promote on PPC adwords. But organic search traffic is limited I guess. I am trying to become to be affiliates myself to promote my own product. Anyway, I realize it is not easy to be an affiliates. I can feel the hard way on affiliates side, like combat the leaky sales page

top10stock, Oct 12, 2009 IP