1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Feedback Very upsetting experience

Discussion in 'Support & Feedback' started by MickeyFinn, Oct 11, 2009.

I gave a job to a member that produced very substandard work so they weren't paid. The member left me a negative iTrader and is sending me repeated offensive emails (blocked now) saying she is going to kill my children etc. In the thread (which is partially cleaned up she posted screenshots revealing my email address which has to break a number of privacy laws including some of DP's own rules (if it isn't a rule it should be).

I love DP but this experience has left a very bad taste in mouth. I have 77 positive iTraders wherte I was the buyer in all but a few bad eggs spoil the lot. :(

Last edited: Oct 11, 2009
    MickeyFinn, Oct 11, 2009 IP
  2. ChrisMiller

ChrisMiller Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    The best thing you can do is leave negative Itrader and negative Reputation in return if he is saying offensive/Assaulting Words against you click the '[​IMG]' in the Corner of the Pm's and posts that are offending and let a moderator take action against the user if needed.

ChrisMiller, Oct 11, 2009 IP
  3. Jontish

Jontish Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I understand your feeling as well as I can understand him too. He feels scammed, of course he gets furious.
    You could have paid him some just to show your good intentions even though the work wasn't done well enough.

Jontish, Oct 11, 2009 IP
  4. Nigel Lew

Nigel Lew Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Most folks worth paying attention to can decipher the root of one bad itrader. I would not sweat it really. I have done hundreds of jobs for people here. The only reason I have an itrader at all is because a few people insist on trading them.

The only time I ever have issues with folks is if I buy something to try and save a bit of time. Folks who charge virtually nothing for work will ultimately do something idiotic. Unfortunately, "you get what you pay for" comes in many shapes and sizes.

You are fine. I have actually seen a few of your threads about this. You were clearly not provided with a working solution. I get newsletters from folks all the time and they render ok. What you are asking for is not rocket science.

Threatening people is about as adolescent as it gets.

Don't let um take you alive lol... ;)

Nigel

Nigel Lew, Oct 11, 2009 IP
  5. MickeyFinn

MickeyFinn Active Member

Best Answers:
    I have issues with people posting my personal contact details in a public thread. I considered paying the member for their time but I was clear that I was paying for a job and the job provided wasn't acceptable. By paying I was just enccuraging poor workmanship.

In my other negative iTrader the guy has now posted our private message communications:

http://forums.digitalpoint.com/itrader_detail.php?ir=444889&u=252346

Some people think they can pass off any old crap on DP and I just won't stand for it.

6. MickeyFinn

MickeyFinn Active Member

Best Answers:
  7. Love*

Love* Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    How ironic that she threatens to kill your children yet her username is "Cheweysmom". Looks like she is someone's mother, I feel sorry for the poor kid.

Love*, Oct 11, 2009 IP
  8. Nigel Lew

Nigel Lew Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Heh, really not all that concerned but from what I gather there is some chick with a mouth like a sailor who admittedly has two accounts on DP.

Not much else to say really.
    Nigel

Nigel Lew, Oct 11, 2009 IP
  9. BadBoyzStudioZ

BadBoyzStudioZ Peon

Best Answers:
    You buy a lot of services. Bound to have some bad product and dissatisfaction along the way. And you have done a lot of business for a relatively new person, so I would expect that the more you do the more chances you are going to have to run into inferior work. There are a lot of amateurs around.

What were you buying anyway? I am sure that many of us here would have liked the business, I know I would have.

BadBoyzStudioZ, Oct 11, 2009 IP
  10. MickeyFinn

MickeyFinn Active Member

Best Answers:
    The offending material was removed so a big thank you to DP mods for that.

I didn't see any rules against posting such things but common sense says it isn't allowed.

Various stuff. Lots of reviews, some coding, website design, graphic design etc. This particular job was a newsletter redesign. I had an awesome newsletter template done by another DP member, really nice work - but it didn't display in most email programs. So it needed to be redesigned in a tabled layout. We got their eventually but it still doesn't display in Outlook and Eudora so the DP member is going to attack it once again.

Yes, there is lots of crap offered here but also many awesome designers and coder etc. To be honest avoiding such situations is easily worth the $30 this member was charging but I just couldn't as a matter of principle.

Same deal with this other blogger who posted the same illiterate article on hos 6 sites that weren't blogs at all. The work wasn't acceptable, I wasn't going to pay for an obvious scam (post being removed within days and not archived anywhere). I just need to be more careful when selected such things.

Last edited: Oct 11, 2009
  11. HJITechnologiesLLC

HJITechnologiesLLC Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Stuff happens mate, just look forward and move on. There's nothing you or anyone can do about it other than rant.

I know Shawn CAN remove the iTrader, but then again, if you do it for one person, you have to do it for everybody else and the mods nor Shawn have that kind of time.

HJITechnologiesLLC, Oct 11, 2009 IP
  12. TikTok

TikTok Peon

Best Answers:
    If the message was a private message, report it to the mods, and we will handle it accordingly. If it was outside of the forum, then it is your business alone. We will not interfere with your private affairs.

TikTok, Oct 11, 2009 IP
  13. MickeyFinn

MickeyFinn Active Member

Best Answers:
    It was email as the removed screenshots showed. The mods did their job and removed offending content and cleaned up the thread. I don't expect anymore than that. Thank you for your help and letting me vent a bit.

MickeyFinn, Oct 12, 2009 IP
  14. Brian1970

Brian1970 Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Just report the posts and leave an -Itrader for him.

Use the edit button.

I thought premium membership would weed out the crap?

Do premium members still have to follow the rules? (2 double post in the one thread)

Thanks Brian

Brian1970, Oct 12, 2009 IP
  15. jhmattern

jhmattern Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    Yes, premium members are still subject to the same forum rules as anyone else.

jhmattern, Oct 12, 2009 IP
  16. scubita

scubita Peon

Best Answers:
    Well, there's always some rotten apples everywhere.

Just drop negative trader and move on. :)

Simply not worth your time.

scubita, Oct 12, 2009 IP