1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Why site map at all?

Discussion in 'Google Sitemaps' started by Templater, Jul 6, 2009.

1. heartlandenergycolorado

heartlandenergycolorado Peon

Best Answers:
    So, I never heard back from anyone about the software that they use to develop these multiple sitemaps. Does someone have a software that they would recommend? It is not as though I have a site that I manage that would require such sitemap bulding software; however, I would sure like to know what was out there.

heartlandenergycolorado, Oct 10, 2009 IP
  2. gone_fishing

gone_fishing Guest

Best Answers:
    I spent countless hours learning how to setup and use Sitemaps. Not to mention the countless hours trying to keep them constantly updated. It quickly became a full time job which is when I decided to pull the plug. You can spend your time in much better ways.

gone_fishing, Oct 10, 2009 IP
  3. C K

C K Peon

Best Answers:
    Just curious, what about those sites that are hosted by Blogger but have got private domains (from GoDaddy)? Do they need any sitemaps? I've tried submitting for my site but realised that not all links are indexed.

C K, Oct 11, 2009 IP
  4. cnario

cnario Peon

Best Answers:
    If u not in a hurry to get ur pages indexed then don't bother with sitemaps

cnario, Oct 29, 2009 IP
  5. ps3ubo

ps3ubo Peon

Best Answers:
    Sitemaps are only good for sites that have a search engine that otherwise google wouldnt find the page.
    Example: I want to search the song Three Little Birds on my website, how would it add to googles search engine.. answer add it into the sitemap, I have a BIG database full of millions of links in the past... So now I can try to compete with sites like beemp3.com lol

ps3ubo, Nov 8, 2009 IP
  6. ps3ubo

ps3ubo Peon

Best Answers:
    But google limits 50,000 link in the site map, so I have to make many different site map pages lol

ps3ubo, Nov 8, 2009 IP
  7. xhanch

xhanch Member

Best Answers:
    It only helps in the beginning (when you start your website) and if you have lots of contents.

xhanch, Nov 14, 2009 IP
  8. mars9168

mars9168 Peon

Best Answers:
    Good question.

Sitemap is the guide map for google robot, it helpsrobots saving a lot of time while crawling you
    website.

Last edited: Nov 20, 2009
    mars9168, Nov 20, 2009 IP
  9. alex-big-guy

alex-big-guy Member

Best Answers:
    Sitemap, as the name suggest, it is a map of a website in order that search engines can locate and index website content with ease. It is a page or file that contains listing of your website pages. Sitemap is a very important requirement in the process of submitting your website to Google or Yahoo. With proper sitemap, Google (or Yahoo etc) will know site content in a better manner and as a result will send more traffic to your website.

alex-big-guy, Nov 20, 2009 IP