1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How to market efficiently with email marketing

Discussion in 'General Marketing' started by bertuseng, Oct 9, 2009.

Hey everyone,

I thought some of you would enjoy this article of mine.

One of the most efficient marketing ways are surely email marketing. The affiliates that make the most money online, are the ones with huge email lists. So how do you setup and build these lists and how do you actually make good money with email marketing? I will tell you in this article.

First, if you want to make money with email marketing, you have to get an autoresponder service. There are many good ones out there, but the two best ones by miles would probably be Aweber and Getresponse. Signup to them, it costs about $20/month. You may think this is a lot, but as your list grows, this initial investment won't even matter so much money are you going to make of it.

Next, you want to get people to sign up for your list. The best way to do this is by making short squeeze pages where you give away free training or free ebooks or some other valuable freebie. People that land on this squeeze page will opt in to your list in exchange for your free training or ebooks or whatever incentive you choose. This is the start to how to make money with email marketing.

Now you want to promote your squeeze page like hell. Put the link to your squeeze page in your signature in forum posts, emails etc. Also promote it with traffic exchanges, safelists, blog posts, social media like facebook and twitter and what else you have in your sleeve.

Your list will grow and grow and get bigger and bigger, but what do you do now? How do you make money with email marketing off your list?

You create what we call a sales funnel. The first few follow up emails should give away free ebooks with optional upsells. Start small, gain your subscribers' trust by giving them more things for less. Later you can start throwing emails at them promoting small affiliate offers from clickbank. After that you can start promoting offers that cost more money. And only after a lot of emails, you can start promoting big membership sites and products with huge residual income commissions. Start big, and as their trust in you build, you promote the heavy hitters. Always through in a few freebies in between your mails and don't mail them every day. Space it out at least 3-7 days between emails to good money with email marketing and your list.

If you follow these simple steps I am sure that you will make a nice extra income and later when your lists grows into thousands you can actually make real good money with email marketing.

If you want more ways to promote your squeeze page, I suggest you pick up these Free Guide on getting free traffic in my sig. These free courses will show you how you can get more free traffic and boost your sales astronomically.

bertuseng, Oct 9, 2009 IP
  2. Steve Powers

Steve Powers Peon

Best Answers:
    If you can't do it well,it can be easily regarded as spam.So please be careful.

Steve Powers, Oct 10, 2009 IP
  3. ezine ads

ezine ads Peon

Best Answers:
    I recommend newbies NOT to signup with Aweber, GetResponse or whatever. Signup with MailChimp - it's FREE for the first 500 subscribers and there is a limit of emails you can send monthly.

First see if email marketing works for you and THEN upgrade and pay for a service.

Too many people pay for good services, books or whatever but don't know to use them and end by throwing their money away ;)

ezine ads, Oct 11, 2009 IP
  4. bertuseng

bertuseng Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks for the great advice. If mailchimp looks professional and is easy to use, this could be a great option for newbies.

bertuseng, Oct 11, 2009 IP
  5. newlogo

newlogo Peon

Best Answers:
    your content should relevant to targeted traffic.

newlogo, Oct 11, 2009 IP
  6. blues44

blues44 Peon

Best Answers:
    how do you keep these emails from landing in people's spam folders?

blues44, Oct 11, 2009 IP
  7. taylordf1

taylordf1 Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks for the mailchimp suggestion. As someone else asked, do the emails show up in the SPAM folder?

taylordf1, Oct 11, 2009 IP
  8. niks

niks Guest

Best Answers:
    the idea is good for getting huge list of email ids but sadly most of the mails one sends to huge list lands in spam folder ...

niks, Oct 11, 2009 IP
  9. Craig Michaels

Craig Michaels Guest

Best Answers:
    Good article.

Your sales funnel should look something like this:

Squeeze Page -> One Time Offer|
    | v
    -> Freebie -> Low Entry Product -> Low Entry Product -> etc
    |
    -> Mid Entry Product (or membership site) -> High End Product (Mentorship Program, mastermind groups, etc)

Craig Michaels, Oct 11, 2009 IP
  10. Craig Michaels

Craig Michaels Guest

Best Answers:
    Ugggh.. The sales-chart didn't come out correctly.

Craig Michaels, Oct 11, 2009 IP
  11. SEOwriterplus

SEOwriterplus Active Member

Best Answers:
    Well... if you give them a relevant gift and then follow up with more relevant worthwhile information, your list ought to be growing AND reading your emails...

At least enough of them to make it worth your while.

Just be sure to keep the content relevant and don't overdo the mailings, as has been pointed out above.

SEOwriterplus, Oct 11, 2009 IP
  12. ezine ads

ezine ads Peon

Best Answers:
    1) You're welcome

2) You need to learn how to avoid spam filters or at least use a professional email marketing system that checks the wording of your emails. Then you have to check the domain names of the links from your emails in order to be sure that are not listed in blacklists. There are many other aspects that will help you improve the deliverability of your emails, but I think that I shouldn't post here a novel :)

ezine ads, Oct 11, 2009 IP
  13. bertuseng

bertuseng Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks for all the information. I also try and build a sales funnel.

bertuseng, Oct 12, 2009 IP
  14. botah

botah Peon

Best Answers:
    ezine ads is right your really best off using a professional hosted ESP.

Now days all large email ISPs like Yahoo and Hotmail use server reputation to help define spam vs good email. This is hard for a little guy to do on his own... in that regard your best off leaving it to the big ESPs.

botah, Oct 19, 2009 IP
  15. bertuseng

bertuseng Peon

Best Answers:
    I am using a similar method, but my list is still pretty small, so I am yet to see some good sales.

bertuseng, Oct 22, 2009 IP
  16. kidsniper

kidsniper Peon

Best Answers:
    Oh yeah Mail Chimp definetely looks like a great program to check out!

kidsniper, Oct 22, 2009 IP