1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How does a person find their market for avatar designing?

Discussion in 'Graphics & Multimedia' started by CU_Designs, Oct 10, 2009.

Hi. I'll make this short and sweet.

The Idea: Turning people's photos (head shots only) into avatars to look more realistic instead of customizing a "template" model like at YIM, IMVU or similar service (though those are free) to look as "close" to the end-user as it can possibly get. I want to give people the ability to have a face on the Internet without them having to post their actual photo online or use the customizable premade avatars of YIM, IMVU and such. I'd like to create something for people that is theirs and nobody else's. Something that is more likely to be unique that they can use anywhere they please, than being restricted to an avatar that is more than likely to look like the next end-user.

Important: If you do not have the answer to the below question, then please don't post until you do. Only posts that answer the question below are considered quality posts and deserving of great rep points. Anything else that does not answer the question (like for example, your opinions whether it's a good or bad idea) will be considered off-topic, in which case please open your own thread with off-topic information that doesn't answer my question below.

The Question to Answer: How would I go about finding my market for this idea?

Thank you in advance. :)

CU_Designs, Oct 10, 2009 IP
  2. Acorn7

Acorn7 Peon

Best Answers:
    I make a few avatars myself and it is a very competitive market, I presume you will making your own website
    One way is to get a good Google search engine ranking for the keywords that would describe your product.
    If you can get a link from a high profile graphics site or similar it helps.
    Then of course there is the old favourite the Adwords campaign.

Good Luck

Acorn7

Acorn7, Oct 11, 2009 IP
    CU_Designs likes this.